Could this work as a Changeling storyline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this work as a Changeling storyline

I came up with a Changeling storyline. It is basically a treasure hunt storyline with the premise that old childhood games of treasure hunt are coming true. It is basically set in Puerto Rico where the Changelings grew up. As children, they used to play long games of pirate in the beaches and caves around their town.

As teenagers, they hear a old legend about Captain Ortega, a Spanish naval captain who was tasked to deliver gold to Spain but was ambushed by pirates led by the infamous Damian Blood, a former privateer. Blood killed the captain and took the treasure. A few days, Blood was being pursued by a fleet of Spanish pirates hunters. Blood decided to head to a nearby island and hide his treasure and a cave and come back for it later after alluding the pirate hunters.

Unfortunately, Blood and half of his crew disappeared into the island with the treasure. The rest were caught and hung. To this day, people think Blood's treasure is on the island. People also claim the island is haunted by Blood and his crew. The Changelings, being interested in one more game of Pirate, and realizing how much glamour would come out of finding the treasure, set off to the island. Unfortunately, they are not the only people with the same idea. Enter Eustis Scratch, a infamous artifact thief and Treasure Hunter who wants to claim the treasure for himself. Besides the threats of Scratch and a rumored haunting, the PCS realize that things from their childhood game are coming true.

Certainly sounds like it could work.

Comment

It sounds like a great Idea, you can poach into things like Hook, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, swashbucling RPG, and you can also pick the sea inhabitants of the WoD, like the selkies, Merfolk & Murdhuacha, but also the Rokea, the Gangrels Mariner, etc

Add in that, rich tourists, Oceanographs, modern pirates etc

So many possible ingredients for an awesome tale!

Comment

Originally posted by Kendaan View Post
        It sounds like a great Idea, you can poach into things like Hook, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, swashbucling RPG, and you can also pick the sea inhabitants of the WoD, like the selkies, Merfolk & Murdhuacha, but also the Rokea, the Gangrels Mariner, etc

Add in that, rich tourists, Oceanographs, modern pirates etc

So many possible ingredients for an awesome tale!
        So, make the island with the treasure a tourist hotspot? That could work. I am also wondering how to do Eustice Scratch. Should he be a Autumn Person or should he just be a cold-blooded mortal who would do anything to get the treasure? He also has criminal accomplices all over the island. There could be a fourth threat with a bunch of pirates led by a mysterious man named Cortez.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
          So, make the island with the treasure a tourist hotspot? That could work.
          That could be one way to do it, but could be quite annoying too, if the Island is part of an Archipelago with some tourism it can be interesting (the Tourism part can be there when you need it, but if you don't it's not too hard to put it aside for a while)

I am also wondering how to do Eustice Scratch. Should he be a Autumn Person or should he just be a cold-blooded mortal who would do anything to get the treasure? He also has criminal accomplices all over the island.
          An Autumn person do not match in my opinion, they are not the kind that would chase for Pirate Treasures. An autumn person would be more like the public employee that check to make sure if a treasure is found it goes to the state or the desillusioned old man that warned against chasing such silly fantasies.

If going Supernatural, a Gangrel Mariner could be interesting, as he could even have personally known the Pirates who hid the treasuer. AN Unseelie Eshu could be fun too. If you make it human, consider Kinain as it can gives him an edge against Changeling, but mortal human can work too.

There could be a fourth threat with a bunch of pirates led by a mysterious man named Cortez.
          It depends if you go for a few games or more of a campaign.

If going for a campaign, I like to take a tv show with a good pacing, and see over a season, how many secondary threat is there, how much filler episode and that kind of things, and from there I see how much threat I want to go for.

There is also the sandbox way, you create the setting focusing mostly on what you want for the story, but also other things that might become involved (but more lightly) and then flesh out depending on what the players do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendaan View Post

That could be one way to do it, but could be quite annoying too, if the Island is part of an Archipelago with some tourism it can be interesting (the Tourism part can be there when you need it, but if you don't it's not too hard to put it aside for a while)

An Autumn person do not match in my opinion, they are not the kind that would chase for Pirate Treasures. An autumn person would be more like the public employee that check to make sure if a treasure is found it goes to the state or the desillusioned old man that warned against chasing such silly fantasies.

If going Supernatural, a Gangrel Mariner could be interesting, as he could even have personally known the Pirates who hid the treasuer. AN Unseelie Eshu could be fun too. If you make it human, consider Kinain as it can gives him an edge against Changeling, but mortal human can work too.

It depends if you go for a few games or more of a campaign.

If going for a campaign, I like to take a tv show with a good pacing, and see over a season, how many secondary threat is there, how much filler episode and that kind of things, and from there I see how much threat I want to go for.

There is also the sandbox way, you create the setting focusing mostly on what you want for the story, but also other things that might become involved (but more lightly) and then flesh out depending on what the players do.
            I might save the pirates for a later game and stick with Mr. Scratch for now. Besides Scratch, the changelings would have to deal with the jungle itself, Scratch's henchmen, the local Fauna, ghost pirates and possibly a unfriendly changeling.

Comment

Working...
            X