Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you think, that Dragon's Ire is bad and how would you fix it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you think, that Dragon's Ire is bad and how would you fix it?

That...........

I'm not sure how I would fix it off hand, but.. okay. Dragon's Ire, as I've otherwise put it: It's a nice idea to turn it into an actual full out art, it really is. But this is basically an art where you want to use it if you end up in a fight, it's noted as the big fighty combat art of combat. But whereas it used to be a reflexive action to invoke the Ire for a scene, now not. So you're already taking a round to cast whatever personal buff power of the ones available, you're further splitting that casting action if you want to bunk at all, and the duration is limited to rounds barring use of time. That feels basically useless and kinda pointless. If the idea is "really only useful with time to prepare", the short durations don't help that either.

Comment

I suppose I'd fiddle around with extending the durations or maybe some kind of "spend an extra point of willpower, cast the personal buff powers reflexively" or something.

Comment

Time 3. Trigger: My sword leaves its scabbard.

Just don't overdo it or you can expect your gm to have fun with other things causing your sword to leave its scabbard.

Comment

I'd really kick up the duration to "one conflict" that's my fix. Once its out of combat rounds power ends.

Comment

Speaking of duration, can you apply multiple levels of Time to the same cantrip with no extra effect after the first one?

For example, Time 1, 3 and 4 can make, say, Dragon's Ire 2 apply for 2 turns +3 per success starting the next time someone tries to attack you.

Comment

There was bunk called "participating a duel with deadly weapons". Certain bunks can be much quicker, than others depending on their circumstances and player's creativity. Just imagine, that deadly combat isn't a default.

Comment

It would make sense if the attack roll counted as the bunk for Dragon's Ire. Thus, it'd be a reflexive effect. Having to skip your first round of combat to activate the powers would be a distinct disadvantage in WoD combat, where attack-first is everything.

Writer, publisher, performer
                Mostly he/his, sometimes she/her IRL https://adam-lowe.com

Comment

I can't say I'm adept at World of Darkness combat, as most of scuffles I've witnessed were either a situation comedy or super-deadly towards opposition anyway.

Well, being hit also can be considered a good bunk. For defensive and punitive Cantrips alike.
                  Last edited by Firkraag; 05-09-2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Of course, there might be a social etiquette thing, where changelings give each other a turn to draw swords, or take ten paces, or activate their Dragon's Ire.

Writer, publisher, performer
                    Mostly he/his, sometimes she/her IRL https://adam-lowe.com

Comment

Prodigals, many types of chimera and mortals might be less accomodating.

Comment

I've found people stare in confusion if you spend afew hours screaming and charging your bunk....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2bt_NZj-kM

Comment

They'll also politely wait until you done.

Comment

You know what they say. If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're a disgrace to House Eiluned.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Knight View Post
                              You know what they say. If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're a disgrace to House Eiluned.

Bunks are about making reality go "what are you doing?" You should especially get your oponent to pause and ask said question, observe this helpful demonstration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaaJyAjvajo

Comment

Working...
                              X