(Un)Earthly Beauty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Un)Earthly Beauty

Autumn sidhe are markedly different than their Arcadian counterparts. While Arcadian sidhe are noted for their inhuman splendor, the grace and power of an Autumn sidhe lies in her more down-to-earth beauty. Autumn sidhe appear to be the pinnacle of human beauty with all its foibles, oddities, and asymmetry.These sidhe are stunning in a human way that makes them more approachable and understandable than the alien glory of the Arcadians...Autumn sidhe have been changed by the act of taking on the Changeling Way. Not as flawless as Arcadian sidhe, these changelings instead embody the wild beauty of human complexity.
    I love this section of text that distinguishes Autumn sidhe as markedly different than Arcadian sidhe. It makes complete sense that staying behind disconnected them from the overwhelming, brilliant beauty that the Dreaming bestowed upon them and honed it instead to something that appeals to mortals. I want that distinction to be supported by the mechanics. As written, Unearthly Beauty leaves people awestruck and unable to act when the sidhe Invokes the Wyrd, so I've come up with a House Rule that makes them beautiful, but relatable.

Earthly Beauty: Autumn sidhe stand out from a crowd and are approachable. Autumn sidhe receive +1 Appearance and +1 Charisma, even if this brings that rating above 5. When they Invoke the Wyrd (p. 259), they become magnetic. If an Autumn sidhe invokes the Wyrd, they may add their Glamour as a bonus to Leadership, Etiquette, and Expression rolls.

Bonuses to both looks and charm give the Autumn Sidhe an advantage over regular Sidhe, at least to my perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
      Bonuses to both looks and charm give the Autumn Sidhe an advantage over regular Sidhe, at least to my perspective.
      Life isn't fair.

Comment

I'd be okay with giving them +2 Charisma instead, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by gl1tterboots View Post

‚ÄčIt wound make the point of their being both alike and different at the same time. But the first works too.

Comment

I didn't check in C20, but Aonides had Charisma +1 and Manipulation +1.

So, Cha/App works, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
              I didn't check in C20, but Aonides had Charisma +1 and Manipulation +1.

So, Cha/App works, I think.
              IIRC Autumn Scathach sidhe had that too.

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post

IIRC Autumn Scathach sidhe had that too.
                Nope. They had nerfed Birthrights. Appearance +1 among other things, but no Charisma.

Comment

Originally posted by gl1tterboots View Post

that would give autumn Leanhaun +3 charisma, thats.... a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
                    Life isn't fair.
                    I wasn't saying that it was required to be. My point is that it gave the Autumn Sidhe a proper and well designed advantage.

Comment

I wasn't saying that it was required to be. My point is that it gave the Autumn Sidhe a proper and well designed advantage.
                      Doh!

Thanks, now I get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X