Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why types of Arts would you most like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why types of Arts would you most like to see?

So what Arts do you feel we are missing or that you would most like Created?

For instance I would love a Sun and Moon/Day and Night Art.

Maybe a Beast Creation and Control art?

And what is the best way to portray a changeling sorcerer, as all Arts seem like Sorcery. Naming then? Without a ritual magic, or a combination magic how do you portray things like great magical workings?

In older editions it made it somewhat seem like since changelings existed in relatively high numbers for supernaturals the vast majority of Changelings, like Wraiths, only had a handful of arts, with the heroes of the world developing great faculty.

It is a time for great deeds!

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    Maybe a Beast Creation and Control art?
    One really needs to remember Realms when making Arts. While Kindred need stuff like Dominate and Animalism. Kithain have Sovereign, you want to apply it to Animals you Learn Nature, You want to apply it to Changelings you learn fae, you want to apply it to Mortals you learn actor etc. So I don't really feel Beast Control is a good direction to go in because it really wouldn't work well with a every realm PLUS you can already do it.

Comment

That's a good point.

Comment

I still would like an Underground/Earth/Darkness Art to represent Sidhe and Many other changelings as underground folks.

A Death Art for wraiths, but Autumn maybe could tap this with Unleashings. But it would be cool to have a Death and Darkness Art.

A Sea Art would be nice to round out Skycraft, Pyretics, Chthonics (or whatever the Earth Art is), and maybe Forest Art.

And of course a Mists Art for controling memories, and hiding, and maybe even plucking Chimera from the Dreaming or turn creatures into Chimeras/fae.

Comment

I have kind of an ideas for a "object metaphorosis" that might be earth I feel the final power should be Medusa's gaze, and being able to make straw into gold should be in there somewhere.. but not sure what else.

Comment

and maybe Forest Art.
            Primal art with Nature realm.

Comment

Originally posted by Inertial Frame View Post

Primal art with Nature realm.
              Well yes but more in the sense of Pyretics, running with the theme and spirit, rather then just manifesting a block of Wood. Something specific and Evocative like how Pyretics 5 is a grand renewal.

Comment

Well yes but more in the sense of Pyretics, running with the theme and spirit, rather then just manifesting a block of Wood. Something specific and Evocative like how Pyretics 5 is a grand renewal.

Spring has a decent amount of that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Spring has a decent amount of that too.
                  That's a good point actually, that fits more, as Winter Usurped Chrynos. And Autumn fits well as a Death and Darkness Art, especially with Unleashings.

Comment

So a quick outline of an idea-

Art of the Forge.

Unleashing: broadly covers making items or remaking them.

Level 1:Friend of the forge-get bonuses to crafting items, realm determines who gets it, nature and prop can be used as vectors.

Level 2: Imbue quality-you can imbue a target(depending on realm) with a single quality of a solid material, for example one might imbue a friend with the durability fo stone and gain an extra health level... or imbue a sword with the power of wood and now it can stake vampires.

Level 3: Straw into Gold-Turn one object into another. not sure how to make this useful with actor and fae.

Level 4: Stone like clay-Reshape a solid or cause solids to become as clay around the target

Level 5: the Gorgon's Gaze-turn target into an object, probably most useful with fae or actor but useable with prop or nature as a vector.

Comment

Interesting, but sounds more like the Art of Alchemy then the Art of the Forge. Still need to read the art section myself.

Comment

I miss my old Spirit link...

Comment

Interesting, but sounds more like the Art of Alchemy then the Art of the Forge. Still need to read the art section myself.

Oooh TRANSMUTATION does sound better maybe need a new level 1 though..

Comment

After Reading all the Arts I see yeah I don't need a Forest because we have Spring. Both Metamorphosis and Naming could turn straw into Gold with Unleashings, but I could see an A. rt of Transmutation that specializes in it more then Metamorphosis which specializes more on animals but does touch upon shapes in general like with the first and last power.

I do still feel we would benefit from some Ocean Art and Underground Art. There are a buttload of Waterkiths compared to all other elemental kiths. But we still do have a lot of kiths that touch upon the underground.

But my god Arts are now Godlike. Spring is Friggin Godlike. Chronos can very much bolster your other magics. I would still be Curious to see an Arts of the Dead. Hell an Underground Art could touch upon being an Earth Art, a Death Art, a Darkness Art and a hidden/lair art.

And I feel I would really like some sort of Star Art.

Comment

Didn't get to Inanimae yet but I hear their Splinters are very simplified and could use some work.

Comment

Working...
                              X