Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why types of Arts would you most like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    Didn't get to Inanimae yet but I hear their Splinters are very simplified and could use some work.
    In C20, it's an issue with the Gallain in general. Every Gallain but the ones listed in "Other Gallain" are missing their Revelries, Ghillie Due has exclusive Seemings that only it can use...and doesn't outline how mechanically different it is from the regular Seemings, and of course the infamous bit on Inanimae can only Unleash when casting their Slivers, meaning they're very prone to Bedlam...yeaaaah these guys need some love and tweaking.

Hence why the big demand (including mine) of the Gallain getting a C20 supplement. Worst case, a "Book of Gallain". Best case, each Gallain type gets their own book ("Book of Nunnehi", "Book of Hsien", "Book of Inanimae", etc)
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 05-11-2018, 04:12 AM. Reason: Swapped Banality out with Bedlam

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
      Every Gallain but the ones listed in "Other Gallain" are missing their Revelries,
      That’s not an Other Gallain section. It’s labeled Other Kiths. Those guys are Kithain, not Gallain. They’re just either rare kiths in general or not as numerous in Concordia as the 13 major kiths.

Charlie Cantrell
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

In C20, it's an issue with the Gallain in general. Every Gallain but the ones listed in "Other Gallain" are missing their Revelries, Ghillie Due has exclusive Seemings that only it can use...and doesn't outline how mechanically different it is from the regular Seemings, and of course the infamous bit on Inanimae can only Unleash when casting their Slivers, meaning they're very prone to Bedlam...yeaaaah these guys need some love and tweaking.

Hence why the big demand (including mine) of the Gallain getting a C20 supplement. Worst case, a "Book of Gallain". Best case, each Gallain type gets their own book ("Book of Nunnehi", "Book of Hsien", "Book of Inanimae", etc)

Ghillie Due call their Seemings Spring, Summer, Autumn instead of childling, WIlder, Grump.. that's it.. that and they can't swap back they go through the three and then they are done.

Comment

I'm trying to recall what all abilities Fair Folk and other such creatures are often attributed with. Illusion, travel, shape changing (themselves and others), divination, power over the weather or other elements (including plants, animals and the like) ... I know there are some I'm forgetting, but of the above, I think the existing arts cover them. Hmm.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Yup they did a much better job this edition.

Upon finishing reading the arts and realms I would say if we redid talecraft and Spirit-link they would be way better. Spirit Link could tap into ghosts and spirits, with realms doing things like choosing who/what you bind a spirit to, gettin boons/wisdom from spirits and maybe turning ghosts into gods and elemental into plasmics.

And talecraft I have a lot of ideas for, with how much they broadened sovereign. It would be almost the art of Realms treating the world like a story or play. Like making it so a person object or location is tied to a certain theme, like haunted house, happy ending spouse, archenemy. Limited reality control through a story, think when puck fought Oberon in Gargoyles, it would be both illusions and effects. You could stear clear of just copying legerdemain. Harnessing stories to make those who play to archetypes boosted while discouraging against breaking character, think like casting legacies on others. With fae five you could probably even cast some sort of story cycle on a can trip as a curse or blessing like with Fafnir using metamorphosis 5 as a subject linking a cursed ring into making whoever inherits it a dragon.

I see room. Not to mention some ideas for the mythical lost greater arts. Maybe they could even require certain mastery of other arts just to start learning.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Spirit link got dropped because Tribal fae can innately see into the other worlds, talk to entities in the other worlds and gain wisdom from their Totem. The level 4 and 5 power can be replicated with other arts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                Spirit link got dropped because Tribal fae can innately see into the other worlds, talk to entities in the other worlds and gain wisdom from their Totem. The level 4 and 5 power can be replicated with other arts.
                But I don’t mean revising their power, I mean starting from scratch maybe stealing one or two things and doing a new art like how winter was a better chryos. So make it Animas or Spiritcraft, or he’ll you could do worse then making it the Art of Equinox. Maybe even add a touch of godcrafting so fae can harness glamour of worship and sacrifice, and create mantles of godhood, and turn animals into spirits.

Comment

Maybe there should be some sort of Death or Spirit Realm for affecting ghosts/wraiths and what not?

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                  Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                    Maybe there should be some sort of Death or Spirit Realm for affecting ghosts/wraiths and what not?

its called "actor"

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

its called "actor"
                      Actually its called Fae, specifically Fae level 4 the Dominion of Ellusive Gallain effects spirits, ghosts and other disembodied nonchimerical spirit beings.

Comment

Initially I was hesitant because it invalidates birth rights, but then I thought "Metamophosis exists so.."

Liminality

1.Otherwordly sight-Not sure how to realm this

2. Sense the other worldly touch- detect supernatural and how much juice they have on them(Gnosis/glamour/quint etc), also if something, someone is under a supernatural effect(Example: a mortal who's had their memory wiped by a Vampire would show up as having been effected by a power of some sort).

3, Speak to those beyond-This allows communication with entities explicitly not in the realm you are in, realm applying to the applicable target.

4, I have no idea for 4.

5, Otherwordly Gate.- This allows the abrupt transferance into another realm of existance, Realm allowing for various things to go through.

Comment

The Art of Equinox would be what I would think of for the Art of Liminality, much like it would be the Art of Crossroads. I would however compress many of these effects into one. Maybe you need something though to open the Gate, especially since there could be lots of different Worlds. Sight and Sense I would have be the same power, and have it maybe detect phenomina. Maybe make Speak a Summon power, so its more a have words with entity type of situation. And I would like some sort of create spirit matter either out of Earthly material and or Chimerical material, this could include turning a Dog into a Ghost or a Spirit, or some sort of Chthulhu thing from Beyond. Maybe Otherworldly Gate would be more along the Lines of Unseal the Otherworldly Gateway: You need a Freehold/Glen/Place of Power and you open up a nexus in the part of the Spirit World you are native to to other parts of the Spiritworld that can be opened if you have say a native from there helping, or a piece of there.

Comment

The Arts of Dawn, Day, Dusk, and Night would make excellent compliments to the Seasonal Arts, and tap into the whole Dark Age Fae ideas, with modern twists like how Changeling Autumn doesn't include that harvest schtick.

Or if you really had to, condense it into the Arts of the Sun and Moon, or Day and Night. Sun and Moon may be less necessary since their effects are already in there in other things, like Spring, Metamorphosis, ect. But Dawn/Day/Dusk/Night feels like you could have a rather complete set of cool godlike magics. Or heck maybe you could have these Dark Age themed Arts represent some of the Greater Arts, so just a step above other Arts, like Arch arts that require other Arts to be known to learn.

Comment

I am trying to think of something that's still useful for those who can already travel into other worlds and speak to spirits but helsp those who can't like Metamorphosis is useful to a pooka but doesn't completely invalidate it them or Selkie.

level 2-I have an idea for solidly sensing how strongly something is effected by the other world. So sense juices, active powers. Strength fo the Gauntlet/Shroud/etc, I mean it could include sensing nearby ghosts/spirits but that starts to get too busy maybe?

Level 3-this is not just meant to be communication with the "near" other realms but to anyone in another realm. If I'm in the deep dreaming and want to talk to someone in Stygia, it works. If I want to call up Autochthon etc. One would just need to have some sort of connection, so prop could use someone's fetter etc.

I don't feel like I need a "transform dog into a spirit" power because.. I can do that by keeping them in a realm long enough and that feels closer to me thematically to "Fae transforms things into other types of being" than having a direct power to make spirits.

level 5-this is mean to be alot closer to "create gate to Realm" than just drop into the umbra. It can take you to the near umbra but it could also take you to a particular Yama King's hell. Or a paticular deep Dreaming Kingdom.

So I feel a power that modifies the strength of the gauntlet/shroud/local banality level might exist for this but I'm not sure if banality raiting of an area is too powerful a thing to go with and reducing shroud is.. much less useful.

Comment

I like the idea of Transmutation. In one memorable pre-20 battle I used Primal 5 Prop 5 to make ammunition for a rocket launcher. Expensive as all hell but a bargain given rocket launcher damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X