Post your homebrew kiths!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your homebrew kiths!

Now that we have guidelines to create our own kiths, it would be nice to see what we can come up with. So if you have an idea for a kith, post it here!

I'll begin with something inspired by legends from home:

Ti Sapoti:
    Ti Sapoti are a complex kith, charming, playful and mischievous a moment, sinister and frightening the next, they like to keep others guessing, the better to surprise them when the time comes. Originating in Western Africa, Ti Sapoti have become common in the West Indies and the north-west of South America, and some have followed the movement of mortal populations toward North America and Europe to find new playing grounds. Ti Sapoti share a love of novelty, change and surprise, and enjoy sharing that love with others... not always bothering to ask for the others' permission first. A Ti Sapoti's greatest fear is boredom, and they can't conceive of others not sharing the sentiment. Fortunately for them, they have a knack to talk themselves out of trouble, and should it not be enough, they are not as defenseless as they appear to be. Due to their love of misdirection, Ti Sapoti have a hard time forming more than shallow relationships, and will cherish any true friend they have, showering them with gifts and exuberant demonstrations of affection, although those displays tend to be random and sporadic. Likewise those that incur their displeasure can expect some malicious pranks as retribution at the most unexpected moments.

-Appearance: Ti Sapoti tend to be short, with pleasant, youthful features, large sparkling eyes, round cheeks and agile fingers. These fae always look younger than they actually are, and even when reaching old age they somehow always look adorable. They often appear somewhat disheveled, as if they had dressed in haste or had just been roughhousing. Ti Sapoti range in appearance, but many are of West African ancestry, though often mixed to diverse degrees with one or several others ethnicities, usually Amerindian, European, Indian or East Asian.
    More distinctively, their Faerie Miens have backwards facing feet, which surprisingly doesn't seem to hamper them.

-Lifestyles: Seelie Ti Sapoti are gregarious and love living with as many friends and family as they can, which is a nightmare to anyone liking to keep their home well-ordered. They tend to be a boisterous and inclusive lot, laughing, joking, dancing and singing with abandon, while those around them get caught in their wake. Unseelie Ti Sapoti often prefer to live alone or in smaller groups, are more prone to lead nomadic existences and dedicate themselves to make sure the people around them lead interesting lives while they watch and laugh from the shadows. Both Seelie and Unseelie Ti Sapoti love learning and teaching, especially when it comes to magic and they consider the relationship between professor and student to be sacred. The one thing this kith takes seriously is the sharing of skills and knowlege, though it won't stop them from trying to make a lecture more lively.

-Childling: Ti Sapoti childlings are adorable and they know it. Insatiably curious, they'll poke their noses everywhere, asking a thousand questions about everything and touching anything they can reach. They tend to congregate around whoever can best satisfy their curiosity and follow them around like ducklings, being polite, attentive and surprisingly obedient, until something or someone else catch their fancy.

-Wilder: All ti Sapoti like learning, but Wilders do more than just learn. They experiment, often to the consternation of whoever is caught in the blast. Unsatisfied with merely asking questions, they'll try to find their own answers and are either lost in contemplation or throwing themselves into some new activity they hope will be enlightening. They love showing off and inventing new tricks to amaze their friends, or new pranks to surprise them. Nothing is ever good enough as it is for a Ti Sapoti Wilder, including other people's lives, they have to put their own spin on it to be satisfied.

-Grump: Grumps are done experimenting, they have mastered and refined their skills and are now using them to reach more sophisticated and tangible goals. They almost always take on a few students both to transmit what they know and to have help with their current projects. They play the roles of advisors, diplomats and puppet masters, hiding their true purposes under layers of playfulness and good humor made more effective by the fact thay they're not faked.

-Affinty: Prop

-Revelry: Ti Sapoti love startling and destabilizing people, regaining glamour when they do something unexpected, like pulling a prank or offering a surprise gift. They also gain glamour from learning and teaching.

-Unleashing: Ti Sapoti cantrips are accompanied by the sounds of children's laughing, ominous murmurs, faerie lights and shadows twisting or dancing.

*Birthrights
    -Beautiful Liar: Ti Sapoti gain +1 Appearance and +1 to Manipulation to represent their deceptively cute aspect even if this take them over five.
    -Curse of Disorientation: By spending a point of Glamour, a Ti Sapoti can curse someone to become lost and tired. The Ti Sapoti makes an opposed Manipulation + Subterfuge roll resisted by the target's willpower, causing the target to become unable to orient herself and to suffer a wound penalty at the Mauled level for one round per success.

*Frailty
    -Chaos Bringer: Ti Sapoti can't help but leave change and chaos in their wake. Once per scene, they need to change something in a way that people will eventually notice as proof of their passage in an area, which usually means introducing, moving, removing or altering an object. To resist this compulsion the player must make a succesful Willpower roll (difficulty 8).
    Last edited by Anteros; 05-19-2017, 06:55 PM. Reason: Edited the Frailty

I stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the North Dakota Access Pipeline https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...0139732127536/
    Please sign the petition: https://t.co/42VMYy7WzA

Overall pretty neat and evocative, though the frailty could get a bit debilitating as far as getting up to skullduggery of whatever stripe, for any of them inclined to shenanigans like that. Then again they could be the sort of sneak that likes to leave a calling card. The Night Fox and that sort of thing.

Comment

Thanks! I tried to make the Frailty something that would be inconveniencing, thematic and sure to intervene in game without being crippling.

I stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the North Dakota Access Pipeline https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...0139732127536/

Comment

Originally posted by Anteros View Post
        Thanks! I tried to make the Frailty something that would be inconveniencing, thematic and sure to intervene in game without being crippling.

I get the intent but it might be too crippling as is, for example for me to go to the bathroom from my bedroom I'd have to pass through 3 rooms just in my house. Maybe something like any location they've spent a scene in they have to do the wp thing to leave it without messing with something. that way its not bogged down in crazy inertia.

Comment

Would making the compulsion's effect take place in each building rather than each room be better?

Comment

Originally posted by Anteros View Post
            Would making the compulsion's effect take place in each building rather than each room be better?

My thought is anything you've had a legitimate "Scene" in is probably best so they leave calling cards in mansions and probably have to do the wp thing to not be easier to track.

Comment

Or just say 'area' instead of 'room'. It's vague enough to not be too hampering, and can be flexible enough for the ST to adjudicate...although I guess that is similar to saying 'scene' but perhaps a little more permissive in the case of, sat, spending the night in a freehold (which could constitute an 'area')

Comment

This thread tempts me to make a kith or two and I would do so gladly. I immediately thought of Einherjar and Valkyries.

But intergrating them into already celtocentric universe with all these elaborate kithain backstories is a headache.

Maybe, I should do as a professional World of Darkness writer and ignore the rest of the canon, if it doesn't mesh with my personal ideas, but I see it as a cop-out. Thoughts, advice?
                Last edited by Firkraag; 05-17-2017, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I can see Valkyries, but how do you plan to do Einherjar? Immortal warrior Souls?

I was planning on making Einherjar into a sect of Mummies in my game. Yeah go for it, don't worry about contradiction. You don't even need to change much, I mean House Aesin seem to be the Aesir/Vanir Alfar.

I was thinking of Swan Maidens myself as one of my house kiths, and those would be like a type of Valkyrie.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I'm not sure how Einherjar would be different than just a specialized afterlife. Also not sure what Valkyries would do

Comment

In my games, einherjar and valkyries are a number of different things all sharing the same label, but---primarily, these two groups are keremet Adhene.

Comment

I like the keremeth as an idea, but I don't like that they're considered the only way for Enchanted dead and their description/Birthrights/Frailty are oddly specific. Good, but not for everybody.

Also, Valkyries are not humans nor ever were unlike Einherjar, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
                          I like the keremeth as an idea, but I don't like that they're considered the only way for Enchanted dead and their description/Birthrights/Frailty are oddly specific. Good, but not for everybody.

Also, Valkyries are not humans nor ever were unlike Einherjar, IIRC.
                          As I said, in my games, keremet are not the only einherjar or valkyries: some are spirits, some are Kami; some are wraiths; and so on. But yes, in my games, 3/5ths of the 'Norse warrior-angel' population is keremet.

Comment

Interesting.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Reminds me I need to do some writeups for Australian Dreamings.

Comment

Working...
                              X