Houses, Arcadia, and the Arcadian Gateway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houses, Arcadia, and the Arcadian Gateway

So I have yet to read the House books, but I'm just realizing from the house descriptions, are they only a fraction of the Houses in Arcadia? As in all members of the Houses were banished from Arcadia by other houses. So could this be the explanation for why the Houses are mostly British/Irish, and there actually are other Pantheon houses in Arcadia? Is Tuatha and Fomorian only common because those are the Houses that left Arcadia? So would we have a House of the Morgan, and The Daghda still in Arcadia?

And what of Pan, he is tied to Arcadia in Legend, he is a Satyr God, so would he have his own House or no because he isn't Sidhe? What about the non Sidhe, which is pretty much all the Gallain since they aren't Sidhe, could there be houses for them in arcadia, the Merfolk seem to set precedence for this. Like say Houses of Spirit Folktales and Legends, like Anansi and Coyote.

So how many houses would you imagine in Arcadia? Dozens? Hundreds? How many Noble True Fae are there? Is there even a Difference between True Fae and Tuatha, or does True Fae just mean Fae not bound to the Changeling Way Ritual, and Tuatha are the Kings/Gods?

Do the books talk about the Fae the Houses are Named after?

And the Arcadian Gateway, I love the mystery in this place, Probably my most used Near Realm. What houses would you say Lysander and Marianna are from, or would you say they would be from houses never banished to Arcadia? I am fond of the idea it is a midway point between Arcadia and the Autumn World.

What about actually taking Changelings to the Arcadian Gateway? I am fascinated by the possibilities of Changelings investigating this place and interacting with these Fae turned/Turning into spirits. I like the idea they are not so removed from Fae as becoming spirits, only that they are True Fae without human bodies taking asylum in the Umbra, as well as Changelings who lost their flesh in the spirit world. So perhaps they are similar to Adhene.

What would be the consequences of say Concordia or some other kingdom making contact with the Arcadian Gateway? Do you think beyond the Sea of Dream, and the Mountains of Dragons there are subrealms for the nonkithain changelings/

What about the Merfolk Houses, and can Kith Join them? Can Thaillain for instance join House Balor? Can Gallain join the Houses? I figured its unlikely for Prodigals or Kinain to have the potential to join the Houses, that is not possible yeah? But is it just unlikely for say a Water Baby or Tunghat to join one of the Houses, or would you say its impossible?

There are a lot of questions in my head and these are just the ones I can remember.

It is a time for great deeds!

These are good questions! Somebody please answer them!

Comment

Hmmm I tried.

So the only kithbook I missed was Satyr. Was Pan at leasted mentioned here?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        Hmmm I tried.

So the only kithbook I missed was Satyr. Was Pan at leasted mentioned here?
        Yes. He was. Kithbook: Satyr interpreted the Greek gods as true fae exiled from Arcadia, and Pan is credited as the archetypal satyr. His panpipes are a Treasure, and're still around.

Comment

Working...
        X