Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wodvamp View Post

Well, I'm sold

Although I have always been a little bit curious about the (now ancient) trading card system the game originally came with.

They talk about that in the intro to the book, actually, including some reasons why White Wolf wanted to market it with the bunk cards! I came in with 2nd Edition, so it was neat learning more about the history of the game from a behind-the-scenes perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by wodvamp View Post

Forgive my ignorance, what do you mean by " faerie tales by way of 19th century Romanticism"? I understand the mechanic of banality, which is toxic.

A campaign concept I'm playing with is having the PCs take inspiration from second or third generation immigrants, who have been brought up with stories of their ancestors' lands and feel that the culture they live in is...I dont want to say "stifling" but I would like the PCs to be young people trying to explore their heritage while blending it with the culture of the nation they grew up in so forge a new identity for themselves. Is that doable with Changeling as presented or require a lot of re-work?
      Sorry. What I mean is Changeling has a core concept of Glamour, which takes a lot of inspiration from the romantic concept of the sublime. Banality is the opposite of that. There's also a lot of other romantic imagery in the game. If you're not that familiar with the romantic movement this won't mean anything to you.

As to your concept, it should work just fine. You might need to add a new Musing Threashhold (and a Ravaging Threashhold if you want to take the game to dark places) but as an ST it would be very very simple for you to do so.

Comment

My personal opinion is that as far as rules go C20 does an amazing job but 2nd edition does a much better job at explaining the basics such as chimerical reality or the mists.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinister Spider View Post
          My personal opinion is that as far as rules go C20 does an amazing job but 2nd edition does a much better job at explaining the basics such as chimerical reality or the mists.
          I find the explanation for things like Chimerical reality a lot more clear in C20. Also, the actual nature of Chimerical reality has changed somewhat between 2nd edition and C20, so trying to learn from second edition would be more confusing.

Comment

Working...
          X