Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Hsien still part of (but not really) the Changeling universe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Hsien still part of (but not really) the Changeling universe?

Are the Hsien still a thing in Changeling 20? I never really understood them and am not sure why the exist or what eastern Fae are like. Did no Chimera in The East ever get a promotion from the Dreaming?

Yes, they are.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

They are in fact substantially more playable now than they were previously.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        They are in fact substantially more playable now than they were previously.
        Sounds good. Can you give me details about them and the Eastern Dreaming?

Comment

They still have nothing to do with the Dreaming.

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post
            Do they even have Fae/Chimera/The Dreaming in the East?

Comment

They say nothing about them. My thought is they even have their own Changelings, just nothing is mentioned in canon.

Comment

Don't Hsien still need to be enchanted to see the changeling Miens and chimera? I see them as spin offs of Dark Age Fae like changeling, but not tied to dreams.

In fact maybe Heaven is in the Dreaming, that is were all the other God Heavens of the Fae seem to be.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I think Heaven is supposed to be the High Umbra.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercurial View Post
                    I think Heaven is supposed to be the High Umbra.

Well its accessable via umbral powers so presumably its up there.

Comment

Deep Umbra and Deep Dreaming are very similar places, and I reckon are the same realm just different sides.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I treat eastern supernaturals as their own setting, anyone is free to use or ignore as they see fit.

Kindred to Kindred of the East for me like Lupines to Kindred, etc. In the same vein I ignore the existence of Fera when I read about Garou.

You are free to crossover, but there is no (nor cannot be) a right way to crossover. All inconsistencies are for you to deal with.
                        Last edited by Firkraag; 06-11-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
                          I treat eastern supernaturals as their own setting, anyone is free to use or ignore as they see fit.

Kindred to Kindred of the East for me like Lupines to Kindred, etc. In the same vein I ignore the existence of Fera when I read about Garou.

You are free to crossover, but there is nor cannot be right way to crossover. All inconsistencies are for you to deal with.
                          You live in an inconsistant universe where people believe radically different things about how it functions. And yet you putter on.

Comment

What's surely inconsistent that's our knowledge of the universe, if you'd allow me to be pedantic. As for the universe itself, to say it's inconsistent is a very bold claim.

I have nothing more to add.

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post
                              Seriously? The Dreaming must exist globally, it's the realm of dreams. Why even mention them in Changeling: The Dreaming if they're not Dreaming-related?

Comment

Working...
                              X