Wyrd and recordings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyrd and recordings

What happens to Wyrd magic, calling upon the Wyrd, chimera becoming Wyrd, flying on a magic carpet without unenchanted viewers, etc, when someone pulls out their phones camera and takes a photo/video?

I used to think I knew, but that memory seems to have fallen to the mists.

Originally posted by zenten View Post
    What happens to Wyrd magic, calling upon the Wyrd, chimera becoming Wyrd, flying on a magic carpet without unenchanted viewers, etc, when someone pulls out their phones camera and takes a photo/video?

I used to think I knew, but that memory seems to have fallen to the mists.
    I would say it either comes out blurry, doesn't work or looks "so fake" to mundanes that only the most commited conspiracy people believe it.

Comment

Good question.

Although, I would ask, what happens if owner of the phone is a popular streamer with thousands if not millions of viewers? Wyrd being in effect would mean, they all should see it, comment on it and share.

Twitch and Twitter might go batshit for a bit.

But then what?

Comment

Or the World is watching the Truman Show when Truman has his chrysalis and goes full Wyrd...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Have a summary of what happenned when a giant floating city was filmed above China. (Language warning)

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Knight View Post
            Have a summary of what happenned when a giant floating city was filmed above China. (Language warning)
            That was by one camera though, a Wyrd hiccup would be getting lots of different perspectives.

Comment

With multiple cameras someone would find a way to argue that the angles are wrong in a couple of them. Just one fake can make people assume the whole lot are faked.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Knight View Post
                With multiple cameras someone would find a way to argue that the angles are wrong in a couple of them. Just one fake can make people assume the whole lot are faked.
                ...that doesn't make sense...

So I'm guessing you weren't satisfied with the Debunking the Skycity in China video?

Comment

We had something like that happen in our game and the ST ruled that the content itself is intact but anyone who is not enchanted will rationalize what's happening to fit what is acceptable to the banal world. If a Changeling or enchanted person saw the footage however, they'd see what actually happened.

Comment

Working...
                  X