Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaemonChrno
    replied
    I don't know about last editions, but I can picture a Nymph as a really powerful Kubera with the following merits: Calming Presence, Poetic Heart and Seasonal Magic (Spring/Summer).

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    They probably would've shown up as a new minor kith in one book or another, the way the Selkies, Piskeys, Clurichauns and Green Men did, had the line not effectively ended before being kept briefly on life support by the Arthaus project.

Curiously, in Greek myth, satyrs were all male, while nymphs were all female, supposedly being counterparts of each other, IIRC. Which would've been odd if WW had decided to go with that for the Kith(s).
    But there were roman era statues depicting female satyrs and their kids I'll find the pic after work. And it seemed to me more Satyrs were Randy and usually depicted as male, and Nymphs were always females and chased around by satyrs cause they were hot. Satyrs were creatures, perhaps somewhat divine if all of them descended from Pan, while Nymphs were the very children of the Gods and Titans, first gen children.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
    I've always assumed that the Inanimae were retroactively what the mentions of nymphs were referring to.
    Which makes sense but in like book of houses 2 for instance they list both Nymphs and Inanimae in the opinions section.

Leave a comment:

• Baroness Nerak
    replied
    Which makes sense, honestly. I can see them as Kubaras.

Leave a comment:

• PookaKnight
    replied
    I've always assumed that the Inanimae were retroactively what the mentions of nymphs were referring to.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    They probably would've shown up as a new minor kith in one book or another, the way the Selkies, Piskeys, Clurichauns and Green Men did, had the line not effectively ended before being kept briefly on life support by the Arthaus project.

Curiously, in Greek myth, satyrs were all male, while nymphs were all female, supposedly being counterparts of each other, IIRC. Which would've been odd if WW had decided to go with that for the Kith(s).

Leave a comment:

• Demigod Beast
    replied
    Just make them female sidhe, with some Merits and Flaws tying them to trees?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X