All hail Queen Matilda!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All hail Queen Matilda!

So looks like the British Isles have a new Queen. A seven-year-old girl named Matilda found a sword taller than she is in the same pond Arthur tossed Excalibur into all those years ago...

Link here: https://www.themarysue.com/young-girl-finds-excalibur/

I really want to know what house she is.

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post
      I really want to know what house she is.

Well she doesn't have any obvious deformities so we can rule 2 out..

Comment

Reminds me: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/N5v9b

Also: https://youtu.be/sprrQ1OLW6g?t=28s (Now I kinda wish it would've been real conversation in CtD and one side of the conversation really not getting it)
        Last edited by Firkraag; 09-06-2017, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Oh, man, I wish this had happened while we were still writing the book.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhatmatt View Post
            Oh, man, I wish this had happened while we were still writing the book.
            Any way to work it into the books currently being written?

Comment

There is definitely a Changeling story here! I want to know about the motley she ends up with. This was sure to trigger her chrysalis. What kind of treasure is that sword?

Visit my freehold for Changeling links, settings, art, and other goodies.
              The Shepherd's Freehold

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd View Post
                There is definitely a Changeling story here! I want to know about the motley she ends up with. This was sure to trigger her chrysalis. What kind of treasure is that sword?
                Well, the legendary Excalibur had given its wielder the ability to blind enemies and then sucker punch them to death...

Something equally valiant, I presume?

Comment

Perhaps it's Caliburn and it chose this newly chrysalized autumn sidhe childling to be the High Queen of the fae. The only problem is there's this guy over in Concordia named High King David who wields a sword he calls Caliburn, and although he's been a recluse for the past several years, he's not happy with this turn of events.

Charlie Cantrell
                  Onyx Path Freelancer
                  Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
                    Perhaps it's Caliburn and it chose this newly chrysalized autumn sidhe childling to be the High Queen of the fae. The only problem is there's this guy over in Concordia named High King David who wields a sword he calls Caliburn, and although he's been a recluse for the past several years, he's not happy with this turn of events.
                    Caliburn is the Sword in the Stone. Its Lily Saber's Noble Phantasm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLwANRogCxI

Excalibur is the sword given by the Lady of the Lake to Artoria later in life thus Saber proper's noble phantasm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b4jdV6HkIE

They are clearly different!

Comment

It's a bit more complex, than that. Yes, sword from the stone and sword from the lake are different swords, indeed.

But at this point we don't know, how we should be called the other one... or even which one is the "other one".

They are distinctly different, but both are part of the same Excalibur mythos.

What I disliked about King David's story, is that Excalibur has nothing to do with Concordia or Sidhe - it's closely tied to the Britain's mythos and folklore (marking and return of Once and Future King of Britain, human king, you know - Arthur) and I never understood why was it so hard to made up new magical sword or utilize something Celtic, as an authentic High King's regalia, like Gae Bolga or something like that.
                      Last edited by Firkraag; 09-15-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post

Holy crap, that's a cool idea! I'm totally stealing that for a game at some point!

Visit my freehold for Changeling links, settings, art, and other goodies.
                        The Shepherd's Freehold

Comment

Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
                          It's a bit more complex, than that. Yes, sword from the stone and sword from the lake are different swords, indeed.

But at this point we don't know, how we should be called the other one... or even which one is the "other one".

They are distinctly different, but both are part of the same Excalibur mythos.

What I disliked about King David's story, is that Excalibur has nothing to do with Concordia or Sidhe - it's closely tied to the Britain's mythos and folklore (marking and return of Once and Future King of Britain, human king, you know - Arthur) and I never understood why was it so hard to made up new magical sword or utilize something Celtic, as an authentic High King's regalia, like Gae Bolga or something like that.

Three points: The Gae Bolga is the weapon of Cu Chulain who was not a king in any fashion. Two the Britons who became the Welsh are a Celtic people. Three Caliburn is the choser of KIngs. Excalibur is the weapon that will show up for the once and future King from the Lady of the Lake.

Presumably most Kithain domains have equally awesome fate based stories of kingship(or will) too bad Vampire fucking stole Baba Yaga.. she was a great hero maker..

Comment

Well, good for her. I just hope we don't end up with some sort of Game of Jones scenario here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                              Caliburn is the choser of KIngs. Excalibur is the weapon that will show up for the once and future King from the Lady of the Lake.
                              They literally have the same name.

Comment

Working...
                              X