Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would Pennywise be in a Changling game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would Pennywise be in a Changling game?

If you were using Pennywise in a Changling game, what would you make him?

A pretty powerful nervosa

Comment

The world's scariest Nocker.
      Last edited by Papa Bear; 09-14-2017, 05:46 PM.

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
      - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You'll float too!*Proceeds to build a blimp using only red balloons*

Comment

A Redcap with a really good make-up kit.

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
          - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Outsider Nightmare Chimera, for all his scariness he's just a predator and not really sophisticated enough to be a Fae, though I suppose a storyteller could make him a Thallain probably a Bodach

Comment

Definitely a nervosa or nightmare chimera. He's more of an idea than a fully fleshed out character type, and exists as a kind of MacGuffin for the story.

Visit my freehold for Changeling links, settings, art, and other goodies.
              The Shepherd's Freehold

Comment

I think IT is meant to be a cosmic entity beyond mortal - or even Changeling - comprehension, with Pennywise just being a mask it wears for the sake of convenience and causing fear. So ... some sort of avatar of one of the Fomorians, maybe?

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                  I think IT is meant to be a cosmic entity beyond mortal - or even Changeling - comprehension, with Pennywise just being a mask it wears for the sake of convenience and causing fear. So ... some sort of avatar of one of the Fomorians, maybe?

Yeah, IT is a shapeshifter composed of pure energy. Pennywise is only one of many, many possible disguises that IT likes to assume when hunting in our world.

IT's arch nemesis is a cosmic turtle who is attributed with having vomited up our universe. So, you know, he's considerably more powerful than your typical Fae.

Comment

A White Court Fomorian, obviously; It was one of the few Fomorians that escaped binding. It arrived in Derry millennia after the War of Trees to hunt, and has been there ever since. It has infused Its Arts so thoroughly throughout Derry that Derry may as well be an extension of Itself.

However...It's not entirely immune to Banality and requires both massive doses of dark Glamour as well as lengthy periods of hibernation to maintain Its existence in the Waking World.

Comment

Originally posted by Demigod Beast View Post
                      A White Court Fomorian, obviously; It was one of the few Fomorians that escaped binding. It arrived in Derry millennia after the War of Trees to hunt, and has been there ever since. It has infused Its Arts so thoroughly throughout Derry that Derry may as well be an extension of Itself.

However...It's not entirely immune to Banality and requires both massive doses of dark Glamour as well as lengthy periods of hibernation to maintain Its existence in the Waking World.
                      Okay, best answer yet!

Visit my freehold for Changeling links, settings, art, and other goodies.
                      The Shepherd's Freehold

Comment

I think he'd fit better in Beast the Primordial to be honest

or maybe a extremely dangerous nervousa.

Would it be ok with a lord to kill a nervousa that evil permanently?

Comment

Working...
                        X