Merits and defects for Chimeras?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merits and defects for Chimeras?

So I was making a Chimera for a character I'm going to use in an upcoming game and I was following the rules for creating a Chimera, and I was just wondering if it is valid to use the merits and defects and how would they translate in chimera points. Is it at the same rate? 1 chimera point=flaw point? Or is there anything else I could use to rule it? Is there a suplement that deals with this?

You can compare costs of the same Traits in Freebies and Chimera Points and use it as a rough estimation for buying Merits/Flaws.

Comment

I'd say "1 chimera point=1 merit point" is an okay deal..

But it totally depends on how your Storyteller values Merits and Flaws (and it might depend on which exactly), compared to the Chimera points. And whether your Storyteller would want to give you access to them at all, and to what degree, if so.

It might as well be "1 chimera point=3 merit points" (Glamour) or 6 (Abilities) or 15 (Attributes). Or vice versa (Willpower).
      Last edited by Firkraag; 10-06-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrakeEpsilon View Post
        So I was making a Chimera for a character I'm going to use in an upcoming game and I was following the rules for creating a Chimera, and I was just wondering if it is valid to use the merits and defects and how would they translate in chimera points. Is it at the same rate? 1 chimera point=flaw point? Or is there anything else I could use to rule it? Is there a suplement that deals with this?
        If it helps, I wrote that section. I totally rule you can translate it directly across, with chimera points trading on a one-for-one for Merits and gained from Flaws, to the usual character max of ... 7? 10? Mileage may vary according to individual Storytellers and groups, but that's how I'd do it at my table if I needed to.

Maggie Carroll
        Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
        Working On: Book of Freeholds
        Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend

Comment

Working...
        X