No announcement yet.

C20 - Kinain Prodigals...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not arguing that. Hell, it would make sense if half the Etherites were nocker-kin, and you can always house-rule it as you see fit. Honestly, I'd need to hear a pretty damned good story before okaying it. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post

Everyone will Glamour is enchanted. If you don't have Glamour you're not. Quint/Gnosis/Glamour/Blood/Rage/Pathos/Angst/Faith/Banality/Paradox are not all the same thing, although they all do contain a significant amount of Quint.
      Quint/Glamour/Gnosis are game mechanics to cover "Magic shit pool" if you'd prefer it gets renamed "magic shit pool" when someone is a kinain go right ahead.

I see no reason for two pools. I see no reason to not allow them to use their generic magic pool multiple ways because they are Kinain. I see no reason to give mages or werewolves arts and realms.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish View Post
        I'm not arguing that. Hell, it would make sense if half the Etherites were nocker-kin, and you can always house-rule it as you see fit. Honestly, I'd need to hear a pretty damned good story before okaying it. But that's just me.

There's whole damned faction of Etherites called "Adventurers" so yeah someone who's hunted dinosaurs in the Hollow Earth is considered too banal to have any fairy connection but that guy who sits in his library and reads and tries to bind everything in a perfect organization...(Order of hermes..) well that's ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Quint/Glamour/Gnosis are game mechanics to cover "Magic shit pool" if you'd prefer it gets renamed "magic shit pool" when someone is a kinain go right ahead.

I see no reason for two pools. I see no reason to not allow them to use their generic magic pool multiple ways because they are Kinain. I see no reason to give mages or werewolves arts and realms.
          I don't think you need to give arts and realms, but I also see no reason to ban it for the kinain fera.

Having the pool be the same makes no sense though. It would imply that freeholds and cairns are the same thing, for instance, which they pretty clearly not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

There's whole damned faction of Etherites called "Adventurers" so yeah someone who's hunted dinosaurs in the Hollow Earth is considered too banal to have any fairy connection but that guy who sits in his library and reads and tries to bind everything in a perfect organization...(Order of hermes..) well that's ok?
            Let's not forget the Mad Scientists.

And Zenten, while a freehold and cairn are two vastly different things the the fera and the fae, to most mages, they're just different flavors of nodes.

Comment

I'm fine with Glamour being Quintessence plus extra stuff Mages describe as "resonance". But you need transmutation to turn most quintessence into Glamour, or Banality.

And I mean, under the purple paradigm everything is really just Quintessence.
              Last edited by zenten; 01-19-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I'm fine with Glamour being Quintessence plus extra stuff Mages describe as "resonance". But you need transmutation to turn most quintessence into Glamour, or Banality.

And we're back to why people being willing to talk to you is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish View Post

And we're back to why people being willing to talk to you is important.
                  I don't understand. Kinain are rarely if ever given Glamour by the Kithain. A prodigal with something to trade would be in a better position to aquire Dross or a Freehold, kinain or not.

Now, a permanently enchanted Kinain prodigal yes, that would be useful.

Also, I really don't think fairy affinity is the same at all as being kinain. There's nothing in it about seeing Chimerical reality or immunity to the mists, and the kinain aren't automatically allies of the Kithain like kinfolk are to the Garou.

Comment

Also, I really don't think fairy affinity is the same at all as being kinain. There's nothing in it about seeing Chimerical reality or immunity to the mists, and the kinain aren't automatically allies of the Kithain like kinfolk are to the Garou.
                    Then again we, or atleast I, are not talking about Faerie Affinity, M20 Book of Secrets p.69, but of Fae Blood, M20 Book of Secrets p.74. The first one is not Kinain but rather someone whom for reasons unknown the Fae find to be more appealing and from whom it is easier to draw Glamour from and to enchant while the latter specifically is about being permanently enchanted due to having faerie blood and it also specifically states that in Changeling terms you are a Kinain.

Also kinfolk are not automatically allied with their Garou kin. No more than Kinain are allied with Changelings. In fact some of the most dangerous Garou hunters are kinfolk, the most infamous ofcourse being the, dare I invoke his accursed name, one and only Samuel Haight.

Comment

I don't think you need to give arts and realms, but I also see no reason to ban it for the kinain fera.

Having the pool be the same makes no sense though. It would imply that freeholds and cairns are the same thing, for instance, which they pretty clearly not.

Not all Freeholds and Caerns match up, this is true. But there are Freeholds.. well GLENS that are Double dipped as both. Same with there are Nodes that have Changelings and Mages drawing from the same well. Unless you are a changeling and then "Yes werewolves sacred sites are potential freeholds"

And it has nothing to do with Caerns and Freeholds being the same thing. It has to do with As a Werewolf with some faery Blood your Gnosis pool isn't quite like normal werewolves. IF EVERY werewolf could readily interact as I'm saying Kinain should then your argument would be the case. But its not. But since they aren't fairies, they are primarily werewolves.

I could also make the argument that Fairy blood should do nothing since you can't be a Kithain and Kinain at the same time as Changeling treats Protigals as lost and twisted Kiths rather than separate supernatural beings and this is Changeling..

Comment

And this is why you Never go purple paradigm.

From purple paradigm, the only thing that separates Anyone from using changeling, Garou, or Vampire powers is what flavor of Quintessence is in their system and a prime sphere user plays with resonance as their day job.

This is mage we're talking about, where you can use a prime rote to prepare pre-roled spells like a D&D wizard, move crap on the fly with your mind like you're psychic, or create a bunch of technological implants/devices that give you super-cyborg powers. It's notorious for spinning the balance of other games for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheas View Post

And this is why you Never go purple paradigm.

From purple paradigm, the only thing that separates Anyone from using changeling, Garou, or Vampire powers is what flavor of Quintessence is in their system and a prime sphere user plays with resonance as their day job.

This is mage we're talking about, where you can use a prime rote to prepare pre-roled spells like a D&D wizard, move crap on the fly with your mind like you're psychic, or create a bunch of technological implants/devices that give you super-cyborg powers. It's notorious for spinning the balance of other games for a reason.
                          Everything in Mage is the Purple Paradigm plus restrictions on what you can do. It's how the system works.

Comment

Everything in Mage is the Purple Paradigm plus restrictions on what you can do. It's how the system works.
                            Not necessarily that cut-and-dry unfortunately. Depending on the edition and author of the book you're reading, mage books can very wildly in cosmological view from things like Consensus=reality vs reality=underlying reality+consensus to how many spheres there are to whether or not things other then humans have avatars. It's messy and confusing even in the same edition.

Not even getting into details of things like awakening and avatars that have never been explained.

Though I originally said that as purple paradigm not being fun to play. Besides, in a consensual reality whatever your paradigm is, it's true in relation to You at least if not so for the wider world.

Comment

Working...
                            X