Introductory story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introductory story

I've got a bunch of young players dying to play. As they start their fun with C:tD (and RPGs at all). I need a simple introductory story. I am almost sure that there was an adventure with pregenerated motley (if I remember correctly Boggan, Eshu, and Redcap among each other) which would be perfect for those players. But I don't remember where I saw it, I can't find it and I don't have time to create something personally. Maybe somebody know what I'm talking about and could help me?

Warrior of the Rainbow
    Saint among the sinners
    Pure among the dirt
    Loser among winners

The C20 jumpstart is a good story with a motley of premade characters. The Book of Storyteller’s Secrets and the Book of Lost Dreams both have premade adventures that I’ve run to great success. They don’t have premade characters though. I think the old 2E Changeling quckstart has an adventure. I want to say it was Toys Will Be Toys. It ties into the San Francisco setting detailed in the 1E core book and the Immortal Eyes books.

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

I assume it was The Book of Storyteller’s Secrets. It's about saving a young lad from a Psy-ward mantained & controlled by autumn people.
      It has at least 3 pre-generated characters (Radcap, Eshu & a Sluagh).

But I strongly reccomend you to build your own Chronicle. The introduction could be about the Chrystalis. If you have one more experienced player, she could have the one who introduce the fledlings to the Chimerical World.
      If give her a hidden agenda & a secret and let the dices fall.

Comment

I believe it was 2e quickstart, but I can't find it anywhere .

As for building my own campaign I will do that. But it is my habit to run an adventure created by authors for new players, especially young new players (apart from the lack of time for that). That way we can learn our style and the players can learn the systems. I tested that long time ago during a WFRP 1e campaign. I was some kind of voluntary social worker and I tried to keep the kids away from the street with elves, dwarves and Chaos. The "Oldenhaller Contract" was perfect to show them the world, systems and as the beginning of a larger scheme created by me. And if I remember well the adventure I'm talking about could be used the same way. That's why I'm looking for it. And pregenerated characters are usually created as friends (so that should stop the characters from killing each other) and are ballanced to finish the story relatively easy. The one exception was Rite of Passage, which usually ended with characters dead or as Black Spiral Dancers (proven "scientifically").
        Last edited by Nail Eater; 02-05-2018, 12:32 PM.

Warrior of the Rainbow
        Saint among the sinners
        Pure among the dirt
        Loser among winners

Comment

OK, problem solved. And you were right PookaKnight. It was "Toys will be toys" 2ed quickstart version. I found the quickstart thanks to you and webarchive. Of course I also thank you Lachdanan, for ST Secrets lead. I will compare these two stories and choose one which will be better for the beginning.

Warrior of the Rainbow
          Saint among the sinners
          Pure among the dirt
          Loser among winners

Comment

Working...
          X