Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: How does the Kith age corelates with his human age?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: How does the Kith age corelates with his human age?

so here's my questions.

lets say that Larry is in his mid 20's. that would mean he is a Wilder, right?.

we know theres three ages that kiths go through , childer, wilder and grump. if i had to correlate each one with a human "Age", which one would correspond? and when (aprox) does a Childer becomes a wilder and so on?

if my human character is going through his 15'th birthday he becomes a wilder all the sudden?
    how long does the span age of each one lasts?

and is it possible for a character to be a human child while in reality being a grump? and how can this be ?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

You mean Seemings, right?

Childer is supposed to be a child, wilder is a young adult, and grumps are supposed to be elderly adult.

In C20 though, Seemings are not longer tied to the character's actual chronological age. And the character getting older in of itself does not prompt a Seeming shift. So it's totally possible to have, say, a 12 year old that's a Grump or a 52 year old that's a childer.

Comment

It's less of an "age" thing than it is a "feeling" thing.
      You're a childier because you feel like one. Because you feel the wings of glamour flying you to discovery and seeing new things every day. The wilder loses a bit of their curiousity, but not the passion and the grump is calmed and collected. If you keep the right outlook, you can stay a childer for a long time.
      So, yeah, it's kinda tied to chronology in CtD, but overall, you're as old as you feel. Just that it only went one way.

Comment

As Davesknd said, it is about how they live and see life, and you can hold the same seeming indefinitely. But most Changelings probably change their seeming during their lifetime, specially the ones how start very young, as they naturally change with age, probably going through the regular order (Childling, Wilder, Grump).

Also, if I remember correctly, the old books says that are ceremonies for when a Changeling undergoes a change in Seeming, like a passage rite, which I always though was a cool thing. I wonder if it is still a thing.

By the way, a semi-related questions that I hope you guys can help me:

How old does a Changeling goes before being Undone? I remember being about the age of 30, maybe some but not much more, but I dont know if it is the same on C20.

Advanced thanks to everybody.

Comment

also, how long does the life cycle of the Kith lasts?
          200 years? 300? or the same human average?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
          ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
          Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
          Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
            also, how long does the life cycle of the Kith lasts?
            200 years? 300? or the same human average?
            You'r human body ages normaly when you're out in the Autumn World and stops to change when you enter freeholds or the Dreaming. There is the merit "Fairy Eternity" that keeps you immortal but otherwise, you're just as much a slave to biology and time as any other living creature.

Comment

Faerie Eternity (1 pt Merit) slows your aging to 1/10 for as long as your Fae seeming is active. So while it considerably slows down your aging it still doesn’t make you immortal outside the Dreaming. The only way for a Changeling to regain their immortality is by never leaving the Dreaming, which is going to drive them to Bedlam sooner or later, or possibly by becoming Síocháin.

Still with Faerie Eternity and careful management of your time in the Autumn Realm you can manage to avoid Bedlam and live for a very long time indeed.

Comment

Other then that: no, changelings don't have as easy access to a long lifespan as, say, a vampire.

Comment

I'm not sure if they changed this in C20 but at least in 2nd ed. Changelings don't age while in the Dreaming, so it is possible to have 30 years old children (in all aspects, including physically) and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post
                    Faerie Eternity (1 pt Merit) slows your aging to 1/10 for as long as your Fae seeming is active. So while it considerably slows down your aging it still doesn’t make you immortal outside the Dreaming. The only way for a Changeling to regain their immortality is by never leaving the Dreaming, which is going to drive them to Bedlam sooner or later, or possibly by becoming Síocháin.

Still with Faerie Eternity and careful management of your time in the Autumn Realm you can manage to avoid Bedlam and live for a very long time indeed.

Ok, immortal was a bit strong, but Faerie Eternity is a 5 pt Merit:
                    Faerie Eternity (5pt. Merit, Changeling: Second Edition, p. 162) After you went through your Chrysalis, you had a birthday, and then another, and then another. Something was strange, however – you didn't seen to be growing or getting older. You are touched with a vestige of the immortality that used to be the birthright of all fae. As long as your fae seeming is active, you will age at one-tenth that of a normal human or changeling. Should your fae seeming be permanently destroyed, or should you retreat into Banality, you will begin to age normally.
                    What? C20? Never heard of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Davesknd View Post
                      Ok, immortal was a bit strong, but Faerie Eternity is a 5 pt Merit:
                      Not in C20. It's been reduced down to a 1 pt Merit.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Not in C20. It's been reduced down to a 1 pt Merit.

I repeat myself: WHAT? C20? Never heard of it! And while I'm at it: What are Star Wars "prequels"?

Comment

Even if ignoring C20 for somereason the 5 points never made sense to me since Mages had 1 point mMerit Ageless that did make them immortal. And considering how obsessed Mages have always been of immortality spells and how us humans are not actually immortal, as opposed to the Fae, it was always odd that CtD put such a high number for giving the normally immortal Fae lenghtened lifespan in their human shells.

But as always YMMV.

Comment

Even if ignoring C20 for somereason the 5 points never made sense to me since Mages had 1 point mMerit Ageless that did make them immortal. And considering how obsessed Mages have always been of immortality spells and how us humans are not actually immortal, as opposed to the Fae, it was always odd that CtD put such a high number for giving the normally immortal Fae lenghtened lifespan in their human shells.

But as always YMMV.

I never said that it made sense... maybe it's because it can be basically used as a way to start with a character that has been around for a really long time. At least that's how I would use it. Overall, I don't think that it was a very interesting merit in the first place. I mean... I led a game for RL 5 years and the characters never aged more than 2 years IG. Even if you really compress time, it doesn't really grip.
                            But it provides a good counter example as to how Changelings age mundanely.

Comment

Even if ignoring C20 for somereason
                              Davesknd apparently REALLY does not like C20, if his comments in the "What happens when a Dauntain's captured?" thread is anything to go by.

Which, well...just because you don't like one edition doesn't mean you have the right to impose that dislike on someone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X