Can Chimera actually kill humans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Chimera actually kill humans?

I been wondering a lot. i know that if a chimera shows up, banality will eat it up like a candy

but when it comes to Nervosa and Noctnitsa. i been thinking about throwing a creature like Slenderman in my games or something similar..could it be possible to be able to manifest itself and not be harmed by banality ?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

It will still be vulnerable to Banality. Although if you look at the lore of Slenderman (like many such things) you would see that its behaviour seems to be doing a pretty good job at avoiding Banality triggers.
    Last edited by zenten; 02-12-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

As long as they can avoid Banality, all they really need is the wyrd rede.

Charlie Cantrell
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post
        It will still be vulnerable to Banality. Although if you look at the lore of Slenderman (like many such things) you would see that its behaviour seems to be doing a pretty good job at avoiding Banality triggers.
        As long as they can avoid Banality, all they really need is the wyrd rede.

banality triggers such as? and what do you mean by Wyrd Rede?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
          what do you mean by Wyrd Rede?
          C20, page 323 or 2nd edition, page 223.

I'm happy to answer questions to help clarify, but there comes a point where if you want to use the book, you really should read the book.

Charlie Cantrell
          Onyx Path Freelancer
          Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post

C20, page 323 or 2nd edition, page 223.

I'm happy to answer questions to help clarify, but there comes a point where if you want to use the book, you really should read the book.
            thanks, i been running all over the place and i havent been able to properly sit down and read the book. mainly to give it quick glances

Comment

Basically, the chimera is getting maybe a point of Banality in a scene when attacking, and quite often none, and while a chimera is more vulnerable than a Changeling one point of temporary Banality won't kill it.

Comment

Arguably slenderman's destabilizing effect on a person could lower their banality while making them easier to influence... and now I'm wondering if a sufficiently powerful chimera could induce bedlam on a mortal

Comment

It's also worth asking where this encounter takes place.

If the human stumbles upon a glade the chimera might be less threatened by banality.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfoxdev View Post
                    Arguably slenderman's destabilizing effect on a person could lower their banality while making them easier to influence... and now I'm wondering if a sufficiently powerful chimera could induce bedlam on a mortal

I use the following Redes for the nastier sorts of Nightmare Chimera:

Animate Dead
                    Allows a chimera to take over a dead body of a creature of the Dreaming and send it against the living. Roll Glamour vs local Banality. A zombie thus animated has Physical Attributes of 3 each; 7 no-penalty Health levels and a Brawl of 3 but no other Attributes. It only works with one corpse at a time. Nasty chimera may use any Social Abilities they have through the host body to intimidate, harass, seduce or traumatize living victims. The chimera may use this Rede on corpses of mortals if it also possesses the Wyrd rede.
                    Power cost: 10
                    Chimera Point Cost: 5
                    Use Cost: 1 Glamour

Blighted Touch
                    If the spirit deals damage on an attack, the target must make a reflexive Willpower roll. If she fails, her negative characteristics dominate her personality (Seelie to Unseelie) for the next few hours. If she botches, the change is permanent. The chimera may use this Rede on mortals if it also possesses the Enchantment or Wyrd redes.
                    Power cost: 2
                    Chimera Point Cost:
                    Use Cost: None

Corruption
                    By making a Glamour challenge against the target's Willpower, the bane implants a single evil suggestion that their target must act on before the session is through. The chimera may use this Rede on mortals if it also possesses the Enchantment or Wyrd redes.
                    Power cost: 1
                    Chimera Point Cost: 3
                    Use Cost: 1 Willpower

Examples:

Meat Puppet
                    These spirits embody innocence defiled. Meat Puppets wander the Dreaming in search of those young beings (both human and animal) who have suffered wrongful deaths. A Meat Puppet will possess anything from a drowned kitten to a young child beaten to death by her father. Puppets hunger for the feel of young flesh. They wish only to possess a body and wreak vengeance on those with “natural” bodies. However, they are not strong enough to take a living body, so they prey upon the dead. They possess the recently dead cadavers of young children or animals.
                    Although individual Meat Puppets are not very strong, they often appear in groups. Since their bodies have already died, Meat Puppets attack unrelentingly and can only be stopped by utterly destroying the host body. Thus, even a group of Meat Puppet “kittens” can be very dangerous.
                    Attributes: Strength 1, Dexterity 3, Stamina 1,
                    Glamour: 4, Willpower: 5
                    Health Levels: OK, -2, -5, Incapacitated
                    Redes: Animate Dead, Traverse Dreaming, Wyrd

Mind Eaters
                    These Nightmare Chimera appear as small, ticklike arachnids that burrow into the skull of anyone they encounter. Mind eaters feed on the glamour generated by xenophobic fear of outsiders, encouraging hatred for the unknown.
                    Attributes: Strength 1, Dexterity 3, Stamina 1,
                    Glamour: 5, Willpower: 5
                    Health Levels: OK, OK, -1, -1, -2, -5, Incapacitated
                    Redes: Blighted Touch, Corruption, Enchantment, Possession, Traverse Dreaming

Comment

Working...
                    X