X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyserman82
    started a topic I'd like some feedback on my new Kith, the Faolie

I'd like some feedback on my new Kith, the Faolie

So, I wanted a wolf kith for the Changeling chronicle I'm building, and I think I've put together something playable. I'd like some feedback to see what more experienced Storytellers would think of this (this will be my first time as a GM).

Faolie - wolf skinchangers
    Wolves are both a sign of fear and beauty in the dreams of humanity, and the faolie embody both. The faolie are skinchangers like the selkies, but have wolf pelts rather than seal coats. They are the hunter fae, a kith that does not hunt to seek an end, but sees the hunt in and of itself as an end. Humanity has always seen wolves as competitors for the same resources, and that competition has been the driving force for many hunts. This fierce competition also drives faolie. But they have enough pride to only hunt wild animals. Domesticated animals are either easy prey at worst or valuable allies in the hunt at best.
    Unlike some the other fae kiths that werewolves can sometimes get along with, all werewolves hate all faolie, and will kill them and anyone associating with them on sight. This hatred is returned by the faolie, who see the werewolves as hunters see wolves: not only dangerous competition on hunting grounds, but potentially lethal to the people they care about. It was the faolie more than any attack of the Wyrm that made the werewolves go extinct in the midwest.
    Appearance
    The faolie’s human appearance is gruff, almost Neanderthal in nature. They dress in whatever garb they feel makes them better hunters.
    Lifestyles
    Faolie are hunters through and through. The Seelie minded of these fae will stay within the bounds of human law, as such laws attempt to ensure that game is available for all, but Unseelie will inevitably become poachers. After all, who are you to tell the hunter who he can hunt?
    Childling
    A childling faolie is excited by the possibilities of every new hunt. Any bird, rat, or squirrel unlucky enough to be targeted by a childling faolie will likely end up on a spit over an open fire. As long as the faolie is hunting something new or at least in some new way, he will be happy.
    Wilder
    The transition from childling to wilder is a gradual process for the faolie, but every one of them can tell when they’ve made the jump. The simple hunts no longer appeal to them. A wild animal is only so complex, and after a while, running down the fleeing beasts loses its thrill. It’s at this stage that wilders being hunting more dangerous prey: Nightmares, Thallian, Dauntain, even vampires are on the faolie’s target list. By this time however, faolie will have learned of the existence of werewolves, and will dream of taking one down.
    Grump
    There are very few faolie grumps for a simple reason: there’s always another hunt just around the corner. That being said, how many times can you take down a deer or an elk and still be satisfied? Even after successfully hunting the deadly prey such as vampires or werewolves, there are only so many ways to use fire and silver. A grump is an extremely skilled hunter, and at the same time has mostly lost the will to hunt. They spend their time arming the next generation.
    Affinity
    Nature
    Revelery
    For the faolie, the thrill of the hunt is the center of life. When a faolie finally kills it’s target, the faolie experiences Revelry.
    Unleashing
    The scent of blood and sweat fills the air, and wolf howls can be heard for miles as the faolie Unleashes.
    Birthrights
    Wolf Form: Faolies can take the form of a wolf at will. They must be wrapped in their wolf pelt and eating meat for this to occur.
    Hunter’s Call: A faolie may raise his voice and call into the wild with Glamour to bring wolves from the Dreaming to his aid. At the cost of one Willpower point, a faolie may roll a dice pool equaling his remaining Glamour to call as many wolves as he has successes. However, a botch on this roll will call a werewolf instead.
    Frailty
    Wolf Pelt: A faolie’s pelt is his greatest weakness. If it is destroyed, his fae self is destroyed forever. Fortunately, wolf coats are difficult to destroy. They are resistant to fire and require a successful Strength roll (difficulty 9) to damage, and at least three successes are needed to tear it in half. Casual contact with flame does not damage it and small rips and punctures heal over time. The coat is only considered to be destroyed if it is completely burned, or shredded with cold iron.
    Last edited by guyserman82; 02-12-2018, 08:25 PM.

• guyserman82
    replied
    Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
    The additional requirement that the Changeling eat meat as well as use the wolf pelt seems a bit much

I'd suggest they could be employed as bounty hunters, detectives, police officers, and other people hunters.

High charisma Faolie would have packs of friends and allies.

You may be right about the the requirement. I took mechanics straight from the Selkie, and thought if they need to touch salt water, these guys have to do something. But while seawater should be pretty easy to just have around, you may not be able to just run to McDonalds or something when you're in the Dreaming. I'll keep thinking on it.
    And you're right on both other counts. I'll put those ideas in there for my description. Thanks for the input.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    The additional requirement that the Changeling eat meat as well as use the wolf pelt seems a bit much

I'd suggest they could be employed as bounty hunters, detectives, police officers, and other people hunters.

High charisma Faolie would have packs of friends and allies.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 02-12-2018, 08:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X