Thrown Weapons rule inconsistency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrown Weapons rule inconsistency

So on page 288 of C20, it explains the difficulty ratings for thrown weapons and explains that all thrown weapons have a range of 10 yards/meters. It then explains how ranged weapons works, but immediately follows this up with a chart explaining how all thrown weapons always have a difficulty of 6 for 0-2 yards (point blank), 6 again for up to 10 yards, and 8 for 10-20 yards.

So... what the heck? How do difficulty values work with thrown weapons?

Do the first set of difficulties contradict the second ones, and if so, how? I don't currently have my book to hand, but the difficulty values you've given don't seem contradictory (although the point-blank difficulty seems superfluous when they could've just written one difficulty for the whole 0-10m range).

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
      Do the first set of difficulties contradict the second ones, and if so, how? I don't currently have my book to hand, but the difficulty values you've given don't seem contradictory (although the point-blank difficulty seems superfluous when they could've just written one difficulty for the whole 0-10m range).
      Yes, very much so. The first chart lists difficulties ranging from 5-7 depending on the individual thrown weapon and the explanation says that thrown weapons have a max range of 10m. The second chart then explains that all thrown weapons have a difficulty of 6 for 0-2m, all thrown weapons have a difficulty of 6 for normal range (10m), and all thrown weapons have a difficulty of 8 for long range (double normal, so 20m).

Comment

The second part of that sounds like the 'wrong' bit, increasing difficulty so steeply for long range results in very few people even bothering.

Comment

Working...
        X