Dual Houses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Houses

I thought this was a merit, where a changeling could be of two houses, much like dual nature for vampires. Getting the boons and flaws of both houses. And I was pretty sure it was a 4 or 5 point merit.

Anyone else remember this, or would allow something like this?

No, I don't even remember anyone but Mage Traditions having this merit.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I have a player whose done this, I was warned ahead of time of it because it links to their previous game history. I made her take one of the Boons and the worst Flaw between the two. Even with her Title rating those of her Houses look down upon her as they try and force her to one side or the other. I believe I tied or made a flaw to link with it because while having two sides of a Noble family is cool, they will both be spiteful because your parents married the wrong people in their minds.

Comment

It seems very unfitting to be able to join two houses at once. It seems to me you invalidate your old oath if you take up a new one. You can't split your loyalties in two and have it still be valid. And you can't just have one flaw and ignore the other... Oaths come with the flaw.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

We ended up having her as an ambassador to one of the houses from the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Thkaal View Post
            We ended up having her as an ambassador to one of the houses from the other.

that would be covered by being.. a member of the first house?

Comment

Canonically, not possible. If you join another House, you lose your original House boon, keep the flaw, and add the boon and new flaw for your new House.

Comment

Working...
              X