Have you made your own Kiths?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you made your own Kiths?

Like the title says, has anyone taken the option of making their own kith? If so tell us about it.

Later on, when I've checked my notes, I'll describe the one off Changeling, who was a kith of one, I created.

I have, and I’ve previously posted some of them. Here’s the drakes, and their Thallain cousins.
    http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-c20-anthology

I wrote those to go with my story in the C20 Anthology of Dreams. I believe I’ve posted others, but those are the only ones that are C20 compatible.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
    Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
    Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Been concocting a bunch of Japanese kiths in the background. Might be a bit before I could share any of them.

Comment

I actually used the kith creation guidelines in C20 to write the wichtel and wolpertinger write-ups in C20. I’ve used it for a write-up of the Dragon Kin from the Arcadia CCG I posted on the forum. I need to revisit that one and do write-ups of a few of the other Arcadia kiths sometime.

I’m also using it as a starting point for... um, other things 😉

Charlie Cantrell
        Onyx Path Freelancer
        Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Was going to make my own Giant kith, until I found out that the Jotuns are apparently the Norse version of Fomorians.

Their concept would have been focused on the creation of geographical formations and natural wonders. The Seelie would have been builders and shapers, while the Unseelie would have been focused more towards destruction and cataclysmic events.
          Last edited by Nyrufa; 04-09-2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
            Was going to make my own Giant kith, until I found out that the Jotuns are apparently the Norse version of Fomorians.

Their concept would have been focused on the creation of geographical formations and natural wonders. The Seelie would have been builders and shapers, while the Unseelie would have been focused more towards destruction and cataclysmic events.
            If I may interject, throw canon out of the window and do it!

That's a really sweet concept and would love to see (and hopefully use) the end product.

Project consolidation:
            Rough Draft: Dhole Shifters, Ottawa By Night, Tribebook Bunyip, Garou Variant
            In redaction: Lasombra Bloodline

Comment

Oh man I have a lot of ideas! Oni first as a Troll Kith Subtype, but now that Hsien are Gallain they may fit there instead.

Kerberoi and Barghests as Black Dog Kith/Thallain that deal with the Dead and Doomed.

Imps as clever fiendish contract makers, but maybe they are instead Thallain with some sort of angel type as a kith like Grigori.

Souls Tithed to Hell, a Thallain one for the damned, and a kithain version for those acting as the bounty hunters for the devil, like ghost rider. Forgot what I called them off the top of my head, maybe Furies.

Doppelgangers/Fetch, as Thallain/kith who mimic mortals, maybe like Mirrorskins.

Valkyrie/Dissir shieldmaiden choosers of the slain and doomed Kith/Thallain. And I think a few others that I can't remember right now. Totally using the Drakes as kith and Wyrm as Thallain though.

Possibly may add Wendigo as a Thallain of the Nunnehi. A few ideas for similar ones for South America like the many trickster shapeshifter monsters with twisted legs I noticed popping up in tales.

I'm a fan of possibly using Ifrit, Marid, and Djinn as Kiths, with Ghul and Iblisi/Shaitani as Thallain Genies but I feel that Genies would be their own group of Gallain like the Hsien.

Minotaur and Baphomet are the Thallain I have for the Satyrs instead of the Nasties.

And maybe something Cthulhu esque for more Thallain like a Cthonic kith for tentacled void dwellers under the sea/stars/earth.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Yeah it didn't stop canon from having Trolls, or other fan groups from detailing Fomorian courts.

If I may suggest Ettins and Gigantes as Kith names if you want to have them separate from the Jotun. They could even still be descended from them.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                  Oh man I have a lot of ideas! Oni first as a Troll Kith Subtype, but now that Hsien are Gallain they may fit there instead.
                  Actually, I was also considering my own version of Oni as part of the Hsien. The mythology surrounding them would have even fit in theme with the rest of them. Since Oni were originally depicted as malicious spirits and later became recognized as protective guardians with defined forms.

My explanation is that their original version was the Oni pretty much falling to corruption like many of the other Hsien, and after they were kicked out of heaven, they became protectors in order to atone for their previous actions.

And due to their similar features, there would have been debate among the Kithain over whether or not the Oni were some oriental cousins to Trolls or Ogres.

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
                    I actually used the kith creation guidelines in C20 to write the wichtel and wolpertinger write-ups in C20. I’ve used it for a write-up of the Dragon Kin from the Arcadia CCG I posted on the forum. I need to revisit that one and do write-ups of a few of the other Arcadia kiths sometime.

I’m also using it as a starting point for... um, other things 😉
                    Dragon Kith showing up in C20 players guide!

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                      Dragon Kith showing up in C20 players guide!
                      HA! If one does, it won’t be by me 😁

Charlie Cantrell
                      Onyx Path Freelancer
                      Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

I'm working on building a kitsune kith for an NPC in my game. It's been interesting so far but I'm having a hard time getting anything concrete written down.

Comment

I've been wanting to add Norse style Dwarves, but I'm not sure how to make them work without coming off as "better Nockers" same with Cyclopses, by giving them a different frailty but making them expert crafters it kind hits at "why go to the Nockers they just fuck things up"
                          Last edited by Lian; 04-10-2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                            I've been wanting to add Norse style Dwarves, but I'm not sure how to make them work without coming off as "better Nockers" same with Cyclopses, by giving them a different frailty but making them expert crafters it kind hits at "why go to the Nockers they just fuck things up"
                            In both cases the price of doing business would be the point. Both the Norse Dwarves and the Cyclopses were sinister and dangerous creatures. I'd make them Thallain or close to it. You can live with a Nocker's price. Underline the word live. The other two were icehearted killers.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post

In both cases the price of doing business would be the point. Both the Norse Dwarves and the Cyclopses were sinister and dangerous creatures. I'd make them Thallain or close to it. You can live with a Nocker's price. Underline the word live. The other two were icehearted killers.

Nockers are sinister and dangerous creatures.. that cut corners then. I mean they still come off as the "cheap knock off" version even if their price is too much.

On the cyclops situation I was rereading the various bits of Greek myth and while there are bits where they are actual crafters they are more famous crafters as assistants to Hephaestus and I think I have the dividing point better figured out. Cyclopses are kind of lazy thinkers. If you want a guy who can litterally punch steel until you have a fine sword you go to a cyclops, it won't be pretty, it won't have any unique features but it will be well balanced and sharp. You go to a Nocker to get a puzzle sword! But as assistants Cyclopses well they make everyone better, you have a Nocker or a Dougal Lord with a Cyclops right hand man? People mistake a master craftsman for Hephaestus himself!

Comment

Working...
                              X