Have you made your own Kiths?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Additionally the "reduce amount of Exceptional Successes from 5 to 3" is also more of a CofD mechanic and not a WoD one. Rolling a bunch of successes aren't as much of a factor in WoD as it is in CofD.
    there's a bunch of merits that do it in the c20 book.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

there's a bunch of merits that do it in the c20 book.
      ...no there isn't.

Those merits are mostly focused on modifying Difficulty numbers, not reduce amount of successes that qualify as an Exceptional Success.

Comment

Additionally the "reduce amount of Exceptional Successes from 5 to 3" is also more of a CofD mechanic and not a WoD one. Rolling a bunch of successes aren't as much of a factor in WoD as it is in CofD.

Dang it! I've only recently starting getting into CWoD, so I'm still getting used to the differences.

Alright, so what would be a more appropriate edit for it, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
          Dang it! I've only recently starting getting into CWoD, so I'm still getting used to the differences.

Alright, so what would be a more appropriate edit for it, then?
          Well, going by the Birthright guidelines in C20's "Build-a-Kith" rules, first thought would be "All Crafts rolls are -1 Difficulty."

Keep it bundled with "Giants can't botch a Crafts roll".

Comment

Well, going by the Birthright guidelines in C20's "Build-a-Kith" rules, first thought would be "All Crafts rolls are -1 Difficulty."

Keep it bundled with "Giants can't botch a Crafts roll".

Alright. Not as impressive, though.

Or maybe reduce the difficulty by -1 per point of Glamour spent?

Comment

Alright. Not as impressive, though.
              Examples in the book seem to go with -1 Difficulty for most Ability-based rolls...although in the example they used Medicine, possibly because it has a bit more useful utility to it compared to Crafts. As such, you'd probably be ok bumping it up to -2 Difficulty.

Either that or straight up crib the boggans' Craftwork Birthright what with the "when unobserved, boggans can accomplish any task involving physical labor or craftsmanship in one third of the time".

Comment

Examples in the book seem to go with -1 Difficulty for most Ability-based rolls...although in the example they used Medicine, possibly because it has a bit more useful utility to it compared to Crafts. As such, you'd probably be ok bumping it up to -2 Difficulty.

Either that or straight up crib the boggans' Craftwork Birthright what with the "when unobserved, boggans can accomplish any task involving physical labor or craftsmanship in one third of the time".

Alright, I changed it to -2 difficulty and kept the never botch. I was also thinking of ways not to overlap with the Boggans. The way I see it is that Boggans finish their work in a timely and efficient manner, but the Giant's work will the stuff people tell stories about.

Comment

Alright, I changed it to -2 difficulty and kept the never botch. I was also thinking of ways not to overlap with the Boggans. The way I see it is that Boggans finish their work in a timely and efficient manner, but the Giant's work will the stuff people tell stories about.

Told that's the way to go mate.

And for whoever was talking about making a Dwarf Kith, you could use Sevartal, since the Myths often confused Dvargir, Svartalfar, and Trolls.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

So one of the Kiths I'm thinking up, yeah I know I listed like a billion already, is a Kitchen God, the Zao Jun Kith. And since they are of the same type of supernatural beings as a Domovoi but part of the Celestial Bureaucracy and more associated with fortune rather then protection I was thinking of tweaking the Domovoi birthrights. So keep the Home is a Freehold schtick, with emphasis on the stove, and maybe instead of being sneaky and silent inside the house there could be something to reflect bestowing or retracting fortune? But there are tons of ways to handle that, and I could just lump those in to sly uses of Arts. So maybe a birthrite to create a pocket room within the Stove/Hearth/Kitchen? But they already have the Home as a Birthright so maybe that isn't appropriate. Maybe a Free dot in Craft (Cooking) and a -2 difficulty and no botches on cooking rolls as well as maybe a power to spend a dot of glamour and anything they cook or that is cooked in their kitchen relieves stress to any that eats the meal and gives pleasant carefree rest? How should I represent that? Increase Willpower upon waking after eating? Lower difficulty for social rolls within the household?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I'm working on another kith right now, and I have an idea for a birthright, but I'm unclear on a very important detail:

Can Freeholds be expanded upon and developed further, or are they locked into whatever rating they had upon their creation?

Like, if you have a freehold worth 1 dot of Holdings, could you upgrade it to 2 or 3 dots later, or is it stuck at 1 dot worth?

Comment

I'm working on another kith right now, and I have an idea for a birthright, but I'm unclear on a very important detail:

Can Freeholds be expanded upon and developed further, or are they locked into whatever rating they had upon their creation?

Like, if you have a freehold worth 1 dot of Holdings, could you upgrade it to 2 or 3 dots later, or is it stuck at 1 dot worth?
                        Yes. Methods include Chimera sacrifice, treasure sacrifice and offering up yourown glamour to the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Yes. Methods include Chimera sacrifice, treasure sacrifice and offering up yourown glamour to the fire.

Oh, good, that makes things simpler. I'll be posting it up later once I add the finishing touches.

Comment

Oh, good, that makes things simpler. I'll be posting it up later once I add the finishing touches.

That's just the balefire. A character could also set up a chimera breeding program and increase the level of freehold because now it has resources..

Comment

Have any of you looked at my Jongleur and Lutin kiths on my alternate Resurgence thread, Changeling 2039?

Comment

Alright, here it is, the Nymphs!

----------------------------------

Nymphs:

"Typical, our world is dying and all the Satyrs want to do is party 'til they drop."

Since ancient times, Nymphs have been recognized as servants of nature, with their kind being divided into multiple sub-species depending on where they made their home. From the Dryads of the forest, to the Neriads of the sea, the Undyne of the rivers, or the Sylphs of the sky, Nymphs could be found almost anywhere that nature was left unspoiled. This is rather appropriate, because Nymphs represent dreams of natural beauty, untainted by artificial development. For the most part, Nymphs have always enjoyed good relations with the Satyrs, but there have still been cases in which the two of them don't see eye to eye on some matters.

The industrial revolution has devastated the Nymph population, as humanity became more and more engrossed in big name businesses and urban development. The earth's natural beauty is fading with every generation and the Nymphs have gradually faded with it. Those who are still around do not typically live among mainstream society, but prefer areas where they can feel connected to their environment. In the Autumn World, it has become common to find Nymphs serving as park rangers, nature activists, hippy communes and even druidic circles.

Members of the Seelie Court prefer to teach mortals about how wondrous and peaceful nature is. They have perhaps suffered worse than their Unseelie counterparts, as mortals simply don't seem to care enough about the world to suppress their expansion in the name of a few trees and animals. Conversely, the Unseelie Court has discovered a new way in which to sustain themselves, by demonstrating the cruelty of nature to those who fail to respect it properly.

Before the Changeling Way became mandatory for their continued survival, Nymphs were typically regarded as an exclusively female kith. But in recent centuries, there have been occasional reports of Nymph spirits (especially among the Unseelie Court) reincarnating into male hosts, thus allowing the kith to exhibit members of either gender. When attempting to question the Nymphs as to why they decided to take male bodies, they appear unable to recall their reasoning. Likely due to the effects that the reincarnation process has on their memories.

---------------------------------

Appearance: The most iconic feature of the Nymph is their beauty. Legends say that Nymphs were so beautiful that no man could look upon them without succumbing to their lustful desires. Even if this effect has waned in the modern nights, most Nymphs can boast about their ability to turn heads when passing through a populated room.

In their true forms, Nymphs often bare features reflecting the environment they feel most connected to. For example, a Nymph who feels a connection to the forest might garb themselves in woven leaves while adorning their hair in flowers. While one who feels a connection to water might have a body covered in tiny blue-green scales and webbed digits on their hands and feet. Male Nymphs tend to become more androgynous while in their true forms, heightening their beauty in the process.

-------------------------------------

Childling: From a very young age, Nymphs exhibit a fondness for nature. They love to play outside and are likely to bring stray animals home to their parents. Members of the Seelie Court are bright, happy and compassionate towards just about everybody they meet for the first time. Those who align themselves with the Unseelie Court tend to be the opposite, withdrawing themselves from human interaction. If an Unseelie Nymph has any friends at this stage, they are almost exclusively fellow Changelings who share their distaste for mortal society.

Wilder: It is generally around this stage of development that Nymphs begin to take on their responsibility as servants of nature. Tending to the local flora and fauna, Wilders try their best to preserve the beauty of nature and hopefully share it with the rest of the world. Seelie Court members often take on quests that involves visiting and protecting locations that are yet untouched by the aggressive expansion of humankind. Those of the Unseelie mindset, however, start to favor a more proactive approach in their duties. Undertaking quests for the purpose of reclaiming what has been lost, often resorting to acts of ecoterrorism in the hopes of dissuading humans from making further attempts at expansion.

Grump: As rare as Nymphs have become over the centuries, it is even rarer to find one who has transitioned into a Grump. Those who reach this state have come to the quiet realization that their dream of preserving the natural world is probably a lost cause. The state of modern civilization is simply incompatible with the natural world. As a result, they turn their focus towards a specific patch of land which may even have been passed down to them through the generations. Seelie Court members develop a sense of parental calm about them as they try to foster an appreciation for nature in their descendants, if they have any. Unseelie Court members, on the other hand, become viciously territorial and do not respond well to trespassers sneaking around the premises

-------------------------------------------

Birthrights:

Sacred Grove - The origin of this birthright has been lost to the mists of time. Immediately after experiencing their chrysalis, all Nymphs come into possession of a private Freehold commonly referred to as a 'Sacred Grove.' This has the effect of granting the Nymph a free dot in the Holdings background at character creation. Additionally, the Sacred Grove is intrinsically bound to the Nymph and will never accept anyone else as its master.

Practically all Sacred Groves resemble a plot of undeveloped nature and commonly take the forms of a lush forest, a purified spring, a coral reef, or a bed of clouds, all depending on what the Nymph identifies with.

Captivating Beauty - Many regard the sex appeal of your typical Nymph to having an almost hypnotic quality to it. At character creation, Nymphs receive 2 free dots to their Appearance trait, even if this would take them beyond 5. Additionally, the Nymph may never botch an attempt at sexual seduction.

-----------------------------------------

Frailty:

Tied to the Land - The Nymph's bond with nature is much stronger than most people realize. While many would consider the Nymph's grove to be their greatest strength, it is also their greatest weakness, as they must defend it with their lives. In the event of the Sacred Grove's destruction, the Nymphs is also destroyed in the process, their spirit falling into dormancy until it is time for their next reincarnation.
                                Last edited by Nyrufa; 01-18-2019, 01:00 AM. Reason: Fixed some typos and wording issues

Comment

Working...
                                X