Which Kith would make a good PI partnet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Kith would make a good PI partnet

I came up with an idea for a Changeling Story where a mortal PI ends up getting a partner who happens to be a Changeling. The story would revolve around the PI and his partner solving cases both mundane and Fae with the mortal dealing not only with solving increasingly dangerous cases, but with the antics of his partner.

My question is that besides Slaugh, which kith would make a good partner for a PI?

Honestly, I can’t think of one that *wouldn’t*. It all depends on what you’re wanting out of their interactions and what you want to do with the chronicle.

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

The real answer is Clarichaun... definitely the Clarichaun...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Pooka!("you're always hiding something from me..") Sidhe("Damn he's pretty...") Redcap("I am the bad cop...") Troll("Big strong, always has my back what more can you ask in a partner?")

Comment

Boggan- “do tell my friend...what HAS been Billy and his crew been up to?”

Piskey- “So I’ve been hanging around Mr Henderson’s crew for the past month. Turns out that they DO know something about what happened to Mrs Nash’s jewelry...”

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
            Honestly, I can’t think of one that *wouldn’t*. It all depends on what you’re wanting out of their interactions and what you want to do with the chronicle.

Merfolk, River Hags, Oba, Morraned....

Comment

I assumed major kiths. That said, yes, alll the minor kiths could work too. River Hags and Oba would only work in certain types of chronicles due to their location restrictions, but they would absolutely make for interesting PI partners.

(Heck, for an example of a morganned PI partner, see Lost Girl)

Charlie Cantrell
              Onyx Path Freelancer
              Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Hawaii 5-O type of Morganned and River Hags would totally work.

Ogre's would be a great "Bad Cop" with an aggression smelling nose.

Comment

I assumed major kiths. That said, yes, alll the minor kiths could work too. River Hags and Oba would only work in certain types of chronicles due to their location restrictions, but they would absolutely make for interesting PI partners.

(Heck, for an example of a morganned PI partner, see Lost Girl)

I was naming Kiths that have mobility issues. a Morrganned would generally be forcing the game to be near the coast, River hags near a River, Oba.. not any place in the united states or Europe(though personally I change that bit in my game)

...and Bo is definately some sort of Autumn Sidhe she never has "I need to spend time in the water!"

Comment

Bo’s not the siren 😉

Charlie Cantrell
                    Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Bo’s not the siren 😉

Bo and Kenzi are the PIs.. Hale was an actual Cop(and never had a "man I need to take a shower" moment!)

Comment

Now I am picturing a Morganned buying a ton of salt and pouring it into a bathtub full of water in a attempt to simulate the ocean. Just picture how awkward that would be for the mortal partner, especially if he has no idea what she really is. Either that or she convinces him to install a salt water pool.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                          Boggan- “do tell my friend...what HAS been Billy and his crew been up to?”
                          Yeah, their Birthrights are pretty much tailor made for it.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Yeah, a Boggan would make sense as a partner. In fact he would be good at getting info from people, but might be in trouble if he gets cornered by a angry criminal.

Comment

That is what I was thinking Boggan's would draw a lot of attention from angry criminals wanting to smack around the perceived small fella, especially if it is a female Boggan.

Comment

Working...
                              X