No announcement yet.

Which Kith would make a good PI partnet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reminded of the dwarf from Dragon Age who writes pulp noir detective novels.

‚ÄčAs for Inanimae, that would be ... odd. I think the biggest hurdle is finding a suitable anchor. Mannikins would be easiest (Detective Barbie?), especially given the long running genre tropre of human detective with robot partner. I now have this image of the archetypical Gal Friday who is secretly a bonzai tree, and subtly manipulates people -including her boss - into growing in acertain way.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

I figured that a Manakin and Dryad would be the easiest to justify. Because, Glomes and the inanimae of fire, air and water would be hard to justify, due to how hard it would be to have stone, air or water anchors in a PI's office. Then again, a image of a Gloam punching out a heavily tatooed guy in a tank top is currently playing in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
        I figured that a Manakin and Dryad would be the easiest to justify. Because, Glomes and the inanimae of fire, air and water would be hard to justify, due to how hard it would be to have stone, air or water anchors in a PI's office. Then again, a image of a Gloam punching out a heavily tatooed guy in a tank top is currently playing in my head.

Anchor no more has to be in the office than a changelings freehold.

Comment

For Glomes? An antique stone carving of a falcon originally crafted by the Knights Hospitaller. Or a stone bust of Humphrey Bogart.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

I like the bust of Humphrey Boggart idea. The wind Inanimae anchor could be either a AC or a flute. Not to sure about the flame or water one, unless their Anchors are in a nearby freehold.

I wondet why a Inanimae would be interested in working with a meat investigator?

Comment

I like the bust of Humphrey Boggart idea. The wind Inanimae anchor could be either a AC or a flute. Not to sure about the flame or water one, unless their Anchors are in a nearby freehold.

I wondet why a Inanimae would be interested in working with a meat investigator?

They don't have to keep their anchor there though for fire, fireplaces, stoves, furnaces, forges, lamps. For water Fountains

Comment

An antique Zippo lighter owned by a 40s or 50s gumshoe. Or a hip flask, maybe.

Comment

Good suggestions for the anchors.

Comment

Look at me, a necromancer prodigal!

I did a quick and dirty list of the Kiths and Gallain, not including Hsien, Inanimae, Thallain, or other Changeling types. All* of them provided something useful to a detective/PI chronicle, even if it was their frailty. Several were good as muscle, a couple nice for picking up secrets, a fair majority were socially apt that could glean some measure of information in varying sizes of groups. To say any of the base thirteen kiths is not good in this means someone isn't using some available ability, birthright, or frailty to their best ability.

*The exception here is the Mer, not because they don't have an applicable effect somewhere in their birthrights and frailties, but simply because of their lack of contact with humans. That isolationist ideology of theirs makes them difficult to easily integrate them into such a chronicle.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

I am wondering how solving mysteries and busting criminals could possibly generate Glamour. Because, if it can, that would be a great reason for a Changeling to persue this career in the first place.
                      From the Musing table on page 261 of C20:

Create Hope: "I know everything seems lost, but hang in there. I've seen more hopeless cases turn out alright."

Create Love: Simple enough, keep the client obsessing over the person you're rescuing until they can't think of anything else.

Help Those In Need: "Ah, keep it. Putting this one away will be good for everyone."

Foster Trust: "I know you're scared, but I need you to tell me everything if I'm going to find your boy. Take your time."

Comment

Working...
                      X