C20 Book of Freeholds is out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C20 Book of Freeholds is out!

Yeah its out but I can't seem to download it or the Map of Concordia right now? Its not letting me, is it cause everyone is downloading right now and breaking it?!

It is a time for great deeds!

Ok.. how do Nobles have multiple powerful balefires if they have to spend 1 point of glamour each to attune them?

Comment

I could only get it to work by sending it to my Dropbox first.

Comment

...welp, here's my regret for not getting a tier with Deluxe C20.

Ah well. I could wait the few extra months...

Comment

Okay figured it out, it wouldn't let me download any other way but checking the box and clicking the download checked box method.

Seems odd so Kithain seem to have spread all over the world and are the world's Changelings, except Menehune and Nunnehi have their own pockets of nonkithain changelings, and they clarify Hsien aren't chimerical, and are pretty much like they used to be... We could use some more Kiths from around the World, as well as foreign houses.

Comment

Forgot to google something.. ignore this

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
              Seems odd so Kithain seem to have spread all over the world and are the world's Changelings, except Menehune and Nunnehi have their own pockets of nonkithain changelings, and they clarify Hsien aren't chimerical, and are pretty much like they used to be... We could use some more Kiths from around the World, as well as foreign houses.
              Ugggggghhhhhh.....goddammit.

Look, I subscribe to the idea of the Dreaming being universal and the archetypes the Kithain represent definitely being found in fairy/folk tales all over the world...but there's a limit. Regional variations should absolutely be a thing: the people's Dreams should be similar, but still wholy unique on their own.

Comment

But here's the thing, the Nunnehi and Menehune are presented as being cut off from their Dreams (and their cultures), and the Hsien are presented as if people in China and Japan and whatnot don't even have Dreams. It's not just weird and discordant, it's disturbingly racist to the point where I get embarrassed presenting Changeling to people.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Ugggggghhhhhh.....goddammit.

Look, I subscribe to the idea of the Dreaming being universal and the archetypes the Kithain represent definitely being found in fairy/folk tales all over the world...but there's a limit. Regional variations should absolutely be a thing: the people's Dreams should be similar, but still wholy unique on their own.
                  Hmm it does seem though they had foresight to not completely write everyone as familiar kiths. Some kithain are born for instance in Hong Kong, a Satyr and Sidhe who are cousins, and this could be due to the connection to Great Britain. And the Changelings in Uluru in Australia and some Buntu changelings (who are noted for Guarding the Wonder Caves Glade for Millenia and are thus likely to not be of the standard kithain since they are from before the Fae became standardized into the western kiths, are not given kiths, which I take as a blessing because I believe they intentionally did that hoping we could get some regional kiths in the area, while they still mention specific Sidhe Lords in the areas.

But I don't see talk about the overlap of Changelings and Hsien. The Hsien are said to be changelings, just far removed from the Kithain and closer to the Nunnehi/Menehune, and their dragon's nests are not Chimerical. But with kithain in Tokyo does that mean they had to spread there through connections with the rest of the world?

A bit inconsistent but I'll take it over not leaving any room for expansion.

Comment

Haha, Underbridge!

Comment

Yeah I love the Underbridge, and while I tried to only skim, I pretty much read most of the Example Glades, good stuff. Lots of fun story seeds in this book well done.

Comment

Having to imbue each Freehold with a point of glamour seems excessive especially when they suggest personal holdings as a thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                          Having to imbue each Freehold with a point of glamour seems excessive especially when they suggest personal holdings as a thing..
                          Yeah that was always a thing though... Freeholds are expected to outlast the changeling that created them after all, and there are a butt load of changelings compared to most other supernaturals next to Wraiths, and maybe Fallen. Most other supernaturals have a much harder time creating a place of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                            Ok.. how do Nobles have multiple powerful balefires if they have to spend 1 point of glamour each to attune them?
                            Well Freeholds don't have to start with all their Balefires, the one in Spain, the Thorpe had Marisiel only start with two, and an allied commoner created another. So maybe they have help.

Comment

Yeah that was always a thing though... Freeholds are expected to outlast the changeling that created them after all, and there are a butt load of changelings compared to most other supernaturals next to Wraiths, and maybe Fallen. Most other supernaturals have a much harder time creating a place of power.
                              Yes but as say a mage.. I don't have take a permanent point of Paradox per Node I control. As a buyable background that basically costs you your glamour it seems odd. Not just in that making things are hard but also in that attuning the freehold costs you a point

Well Freeholds don't have to start with all their Balefires, the one in Spain, the Thorpe had Marisiel only start with two, and an allied commoner created another. So maybe they have help.

I remembered Chimerical sacrifice was a thing.. that will work well for one of my ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X