New GM Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GM Question

(Just to clarify, new to running Changeling, not a new GM)

I just wondered how conducive Changeling the Dreaming (20th Ann.) was for a single player and one GM? Also, when I googled this question, I got a lot of hits on what to look out for when starting a Changeling Campaign, but all them pertained to previous editions. Anything in the new edition I should look out for?

...that depends. What are some specifics on this 1 player chronicle?

Comment

I don't see any particular issues with having one ST and one player, and it avoids the question of how this motley gets along.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
        ...that depends. What are some specifics on this 1 player chronicle?

I'm sorry, I haven't come up with any.

To back up a little, I am familiar with the setting concepts of Changeling but I've never actually played or run it. Since the game always intrigued me, I participated in the Deluxe Kickstarter. I received my physical copy yesterday and shared the unboxing with my wife—who really does know very little about it. She was struck how beautiful and cool it looked, so I started kicking around the idea of preparing a 1-player chronicle. Something fun to do together. But some games seem really dependent on multiple players while others do not, so I was checking the feasibility before I got her hopes up or got myself heavily invested.

Sorry I don't have any specifics beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinarch View Post

I'm sorry, I haven't come up with any.

To back up a little, I am familiar with the setting concepts of Changeling but I've never actually played or run it. Since the game always intrigued me, I participated in the Deluxe Kickstarter. I received my physical copy yesterday and shared the unboxing with my wife—who really does know very little about it. She was struck how beautiful and cool it looked, so I started kicking around the idea of preparing a 1-player chronicle. Something fun to do together. But some games seem really dependent on multiple players while others do not, so I was checking the feasibility before I got her hopes up or got myself heavily invested.

Sorry I don't have any specifics beyond that.
          You should be fine. There are no specifics on running a 1 player chronicle, but there's very little actually about how to make the game run for a group either. And C20 neither makes it harder or easier to do so.

Comment

You should be fine, I hear a lot of games played between spouses. Remember this frees you up to have the story concentrate on one player, and making a motley of NPCs.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Ok then to that end...yeah, a 1 player chronicle should be fine.

Either just have a story of a changeling trying to get by and getting Glamour each and every day should do fine. A (relatively) low-power game of the changeling just exploring the weird and strange happenings around their town. Might be hard to do a politics-heavy-freehold game since you'd have to account for a bunch of characters, but if you and the wife are up for it, go right ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                Ok then to that end...yeah, a 1 player chronicle should be fine.

Either just have a story of a changeling trying to get by and getting Glamour each and every day should do fine. A (relatively) low-power game of the changeling just exploring the weird and strange happenings around their town. Might be hard to do a politics-heavy-freehold game since you'd have to account for a bunch of characters, but if you and the wife are up for it, go right ahead.

Honestly unless you have a larp or similar type game you are going to have to run most of the politics as the St anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                  You should be fine, I hear a lot of games played between spouses. Remember this frees you up to have the story concentrate on one player, and making a motley of NPCs.
                  We have the 1st rule: Never mix your women and the RPGs. It usualy gets messy.

But the 1 player one ST game is fine with CtD, but sometimes tireing.

Comment

Working...
                  X