Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New GM Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New GM Question

    (Just to clarify, new to running Changeling, not a new GM)

    I just wondered how conducive Changeling the Dreaming (20th Ann.) was for a single player and one GM? Also, when I googled this question, I got a lot of hits on what to look out for when starting a Changeling Campaign, but all them pertained to previous editions. Anything in the new edition I should look out for?

  • #2
    ...that depends. What are some specifics on this 1 player chronicle?

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't see any particular issues with having one ST and one player, and it avoids the question of how this motley gets along.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
        ...that depends. What are some specifics on this 1 player chronicle?

        I'm sorry, I haven't come up with any.

        To back up a little, I am familiar with the setting concepts of Changeling but I've never actually played or run it. Since the game always intrigued me, I participated in the Deluxe Kickstarter. I received my physical copy yesterday and shared the unboxing with my wife—who really does know very little about it. She was struck how beautiful and cool it looked, so I started kicking around the idea of preparing a 1-player chronicle. Something fun to do together. But some games seem really dependent on multiple players while others do not, so I was checking the feasibility before I got her hopes up or got myself heavily invested.

        Sorry I don't have any specifics beyond that.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Quinarch View Post


          I'm sorry, I haven't come up with any.

          To back up a little, I am familiar with the setting concepts of Changeling but I've never actually played or run it. Since the game always intrigued me, I participated in the Deluxe Kickstarter. I received my physical copy yesterday and shared the unboxing with my wife—who really does know very little about it. She was struck how beautiful and cool it looked, so I started kicking around the idea of preparing a 1-player chronicle. Something fun to do together. But some games seem really dependent on multiple players while others do not, so I was checking the feasibility before I got her hopes up or got myself heavily invested.

          Sorry I don't have any specifics beyond that.
          You should be fine. There are no specifics on running a 1 player chronicle, but there's very little actually about how to make the game run for a group either. And C20 neither makes it harder or easier to do so.

          Comment


          • #6
            You should be fine, I hear a lot of games played between spouses. Remember this frees you up to have the story concentrate on one player, and making a motley of NPCs.


            It is a time for great deeds!

            Comment


            • #7
              Ok then to that end...yeah, a 1 player chronicle should be fine.

              Either just have a story of a changeling trying to get by and getting Glamour each and every day should do fine. A (relatively) low-power game of the changeling just exploring the weird and strange happenings around their town. Might be hard to do a politics-heavy-freehold game since you'd have to account for a bunch of characters, but if you and the wife are up for it, go right ahead.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                Ok then to that end...yeah, a 1 player chronicle should be fine.

                Either just have a story of a changeling trying to get by and getting Glamour each and every day should do fine. A (relatively) low-power game of the changeling just exploring the weird and strange happenings around their town. Might be hard to do a politics-heavy-freehold game since you'd have to account for a bunch of characters, but if you and the wife are up for it, go right ahead.

                Honestly unless you have a larp or similar type game you are going to have to run most of the politics as the St anyway.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                  You should be fine, I hear a lot of games played between spouses. Remember this frees you up to have the story concentrate on one player, and making a motley of NPCs.
                  We have the 1st rule: Never mix your women and the RPGs. It usualy gets messy.

                  But the 1 player one ST game is fine with CtD, but sometimes tireing.


                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X