No announcement yet.

Changeling 2039: An altered Resurgence War Setting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicely done and great flavor. I love the Robespierre (you are missing an 'r') ties...The Bench Revolution really fits well with the idea. And the Le Pen hook, Brilliant!

* Assuming the second sentence is tied to the first and meant "well, every day makes peace with darkness", here's a quick translation. If I'm off, les me know and I'll amend it.
    "I'll make no peace with darkness!"

"Why Every day does."
    "- Je ne ferai jamais la paix avec les ténèbres.

- Et bien, chaque jour le fait."

Comment

Originally posted by Boneguard View Post
      Nicely done and great flavor. I love the Robespierre (you are missing an 'r') ties...The Bench Revolution really fits well with the idea. And the Le Pen hook, Brilliant!

* Assuming the second sentence is tied to the first and meant "well, every day makes peace with darkness", here's a quick translation. If I'm off, les me know and I'll amend it.

"- Je ne ferai jamais la paix avec les ténèbres.

- Et bien, chaque jour le fait."
      Oh the two sentences are linked. The first is spoken by an outraged king. The second by an assassin diplomat who is trying to save the king's life and the lives of as many of his subjects as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
        Oh the two sentences are linked. The first is spoken by an outraged king. The second by an assassin diplomat who is trying to save the king's life and the lives of as many of his subjects as possible.
        Interesting.

Well the translation is good, in case you wish to use it.

I really like them.

Comment

Gobelins finished and given a minor edit.

Comment

Nice.

They know whose button get can push and who to avoid. They would make good "public servant/government officials" antagonist I thing. Using the fact that It's a big, clunky, dark and anonymous machine to make people's life miserable in small way..

Comment

Question is Gobelins just french for Gobelins, and used because we already have a Goblin Kith? Or is it something specific I don't know about?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                Question is Gobelins just french for Gobelins, and used because we already have a Goblin Kith? Or is it something specific I don't know about?
                Yes Gobelins is an archaic form of goblins. But, it looks and is pronounced differently. Thus I feel it's distintive enough for this use.

Comment

Originally posted by Boneguard View Post
                  Looking forward to it, it sounds awesome. I'll be honest, if I ever .get around to write my Ottawa by night, I'd be tempted to add all 3 to the Changeling chapter. Thf Lutin and Gobelin on the Quebec (e.g. French speaking) part of the Region and the Jongleur with the Buskerfest
                  I'm flattered. Enjoy them. Oh I corrected the spelling you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                  X