Fae Mien

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fae Mien

Ok, something I've always wondered...even from 20 years ago when I started playing CtD.

I'd like an opinion, or a house rule, or some insight into what everyone does because this has always confused me.

When exactly is a fae mien visible?

Do other Changelings see it all the time? And what about other WoD critters if you are playing in a campaign that has all of them and uses their individual books and ruleset?

Please forgive the noobness (which is strange but expected since coming back to the game after 20 years).

I'd love the community's views. (forgive me if this has been asked before...I may have missed those posts)

Thanks,

Scrib

Their fae mein is, generally, part of chimerical reality.

Meaning all fae (and Kinain) can see it and interact with it. And as per normal, anything non-fae (mortals, the other WoD splats, etc) can't see it. I believe the only time that the mein can be seen by non-fae is when you Unleash, or Enchant a mortal.

If there are ways of bypassing it via the other WoD splats' powers, I'm unaware of them.

(for instance, if there is an official spread of Spheres that would allow a mage to see their mein and chimerical reality, I have no idea what it is)
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 04-15-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

If you can see a chimera, you can see the fae mein. If the Changeling currently cannot see Chimera or whatnot, then they won't have a fae mein to see baring a good Kenning roll.

There can also be powers for other supernaturals that would let them see the fae mein without seeing all the Chimera everywhere, such as with Imbued Hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

(for instance, if there is an official spread of Spheres that would allow a mage to see their mein and chimerical reality, I have no idea what it is)
        spirit 1 Mind 1 its in freeholds and glens

Comment

If the non-changeling is Enchanted she can see the Fae Mien:
          The Garou can see it with the Pulse of Invisible if she is aware of the chimerical reality.
          Vampires can drink changeling blood to get enchanted or can use Mytherceria's 2nd Level: Fae Sight to have the same result.

Also you can Call the Wyrd to force your Fae Mien onto mundane reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Lachdanan View Post
            If the non-changeling is Enchanted she can see the Fae Mien:
            The Garou can see it with the Pulse of Invisible if she is aware of the chimerical reality.
            Vampires can drink changeling blood to get enchanted or can use Mytherceria's 2nd Level: Fae Sight to have the same result.

Also you can Call the Wyrd to force your Fae Mien onto mundane reality.
            Wait, Pulse of the Invisible does that? Does it describe things as basically seeing weird stuff everywhere in most places?

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post

Wait, Pulse of the Invisible does that? Does it describe things as basically seeing weird stuff everywhere in most places?

Yep, check the Book of Storyteller Secrets, pg. 7. But the Garou must know what she should look for.

Comment

Originally posted by Lachdanan View Post

Yep, check the Book of Storyteller Secrets, pg. 7. But the Garou must know what she should look for.
                Oh! That explains why it's not a weird drug trip every time it's activated.

Comment

Working...
                X