Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terraforming Mars to survive Fimbulwinter!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraforming Mars to survive Fimbulwinter!

So this is linked to my bigger Supernaturals colony thread what if Winter was coming and the Fomorians are right at the worlds door. Changelings realize, perhaps even with the aid of even a single cabal of Mages or their own Billionaires and secret enchanted towns/families, they could colonize space to survive and Create a new spring.

First with their magics, especially with unleashings and legendary treasures, they could take a sizeable group of kinain and enchanted to the moon and Terraform a hidden crater. There are more changelings then most other supernaturals and numbers were always on their side compared to say werewolves. So say Concordia and the Nunnehi nation make a truce and work to terraform the Moon and Mars?

How hard would that be to have thousands of Changelings loosely involved, and hundreds directly involved? How much of the work would need to be from Impossible treasures rediscovered (Think Discovering Mjolnir to bring rain to Mars, or the Tears of Mami Watu to create a new ocean) or outside help like Mages, Sorcerers or Werewolves?

Would such a project be more interesting with each House for themselves or would Kingdoms work better to carve out things.

And what about a step further. Say they do this for a generation, or five and make insane advances in science and it works. How hard would it be to reach beyond the Solar system? Or After reliable fusion is generated and they mine the Asteroid belt they could build mile long vessels to actually reliably make a new Earth elsewhere.

If one ship landing on the moon resulted in the Resurgence with Arcadia swinging open, wouldn't surviving the Final Winter and kickstarting Spring essentially be a new Genesis with Arcadia being reopened, and the Tuatha or New Tuatha returning?

Changelings are the Dreams of Earth what happens when they go to other Worlds, do alien dreams join the Changeling way?

If say Terraforming would take a millenia with just normal science, how quickly could we speed it up with magic?

What is the Dreaming like in Virgin Worlds?

Would Inanimae from space essentially be like the Primordial Inanimae from Dark Age Fae?

Going to the moon right now using say Concordia and the Nunnehi's resources what is the easiest method? Building Billion Dollar ships using million dollar resources and magic shortcuts? Or sneaking aboard say a Nasa Vessel to the Spacestation and Dream Traveling to the moon from there and building some sort of Portal or establishing a Trod/Rath? Or is it more viable to infiltrate the Banal/Glamour filled space programs and suborn them to this project?

What are the effects of the next chapter of humanity being the offspring Changelings and Kinain?

If Earth suffers Final Winter but Changelings create a Spring in space could they kickstart Spring back on Earth? Would say Final Winter Kill Arcadia but starting Spring in Space results in new Tuatha to replace the old from their Children the Fae?

And why would the Fomorians survive Winter anyways I never got that?

It is a time for great deeds!

Isn't this basically covered in one of the TOJ scenarios?

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
      Isn't this basically covered in one of the TOJ scenarios?
      Whoa really!?

Comment

Well the other end of it, its called Starlight Exodus and its about gathering up changelings and dreamers to leave earth to find a new home among the stars, its not QUITE your idea but I can imagine some use being found in it.

Comment

I’d imagine with Magic’s you could create artificial gravity. The dreaming would likely be livable before you even terraform. And if they did group Unleashings they could do things like carve out oceans and Atmospheres and after that trees and life. And they could probably even terraform really dangerous planets like Venus with some elbow grease. I’d imagine the Nunnehi would be sad at the loss of Earth But they could create a new turtle island.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
            I’d imagine with Magic’s you could create artificial gravity. The dreaming would likely be livable before you even terraform. And if they did group Unleashings they could do things like carve out oceans and Atmospheres and after that trees and life. And they could probably even terraform really dangerous planets like Venus with some elbow grease. I’d imagine the Nunnehi would be sad at the loss of Earth But they could create a new turtle island.
            This assumes both there aren't trods that could lead you there.. (just send and eshu out...)

and that the Sundering/shattering are active on worlds without humans.. that changelings who show up there won't find canals and dinosaurs..

Comment

Working...
            X