Yuki-onna(a work in progress)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuki-onna(a work in progress)

Yuki-Onna are a kith born of the snows of Japan, snow women.. and the occasional man They are creatures of profound longing because their fragile nature sets them a part. It is said that once long ago the first of their kind fell in love with the sun, but she melted in his embrace. Ever since they have fled light, kept to the outside always looking in from the cold.

Unleashings: Cold winds whip around the Yuki-onna when they unleash their arts, ice wraps its way around everything they touch.

Affinity:Scene.(possibly actor.. not really sure here)

Revelry: Yuki are cold creatures who just wish to in the end find love. This need not be a romantic thing as their kind have been known to claim unwanted children to fill this hole in their life. Suffice to say spending time with a person they know loves them in return

Birthrights:

Unearthly Beauty; As the sidhe birthright.

Child of Winter: This functions as the Merit "art Affinity" for the art of Winter.

Frailty: A body of Snow, Yuki-onna find warm temperatures uncomfortable to the point of deadly. They are down 1 dice to all actions in temperatures above 60 degrees Farenheight(16 degrees celsius). In addition they take an extra die of damage from heat based sources and may never learn the Arts of Summer or Pyretics.

Really like the idea! My preference would be for at least one of the Birthrights to be unique to the kith instead of a same as XX sort of thing.

I do like that you kept the Frailty thematic without making the changeling unplayable after too short a time. Even a couple of the published kith fell into that trap back in the day.

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
      Really like the idea! My preference would be for at least one of the Birthrights to be unique to the kith instead of a same as XX sort of thing.
      I feel like there might be a better way to do their beauty, but the description I was looking at litterally used "Unearthly beauty" to describe yuki-onna maybe a beauty buff and something to do with cold immunity.. hmmm

I do like that you kept the Frailty thematic without making the changeling unplayable after too short a time. Even a couple of the published kith fell into that trap back in the day.
      I wasn't sure if "you can't have this art" is good space for a frailty because its fairly easy to just not buy it. The other bits I feel promote working around it for example the Yuki-onna in Interviews with Monstergirls always wanted to be in air conditioned rooms during summer. So they could do that in the modern world and Yuki-onna freeholds definately point to the cold end of things.

Comment

Maybe a one Appearance Boost and a -2 for any seduction roll.

Feels like the Yuki-onna would be a Thallain, but I understand wanting to make them PC options.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
          Maybe a one Appearance Boost and a -2 for any seduction roll.
          I don't feel like they should be active seductresses but more like their beauty lures people to them, its a passive quality which I think works well with appearance. But its not the awe effect that Sidhe offer but rather a longing.

Feels like the Yuki-onna would be a Thallain, but I understand wanting to make them PC options.
          Well the snow maiden/queen is kind of a fairly common cultural trope(*cough Frozen*cough*) I wanted to call them Yuki-Onna rather than "Snow maidens" and have them start in Japan and spread out into the world(or maybe a rewrite with them as the primary name but a more generic concept like Pooka). While they can be deadly they also fall in love and end up saving people.

They represent the beauty and danger of winter along with the outsider longing to come in.

Comment

Maybe then instead of seduction rolls its all social rolls where their otherworldly beauty applies? Or maybe they just give a + 2 difficulty to resist their social interactions when seeing or hearing them?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

New Birthrights:

Frozen beauty: Yuki-Onna recieve a single dot of appearance that may raise this above their normal cap, further more they may not botch an appearance roll.

A Child of Winter: Yuki-Onna are never hurt by naturally occuring cold, and recieve a two dice bonus to manipulations of ice, snow or the cold(including the art of winter).(is this too op?)

Comment

Working...
              X