Self-Powered Treasures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Powered Treasures

The book hints at Treasures that have a standard effect that is always active. I've been looking for a way to do this, but it gets crazy. Chimera seem to be able to pull it off easily enough, but Treasures appear to be harder yet have a more profound reality.

So, how would one put Winding Coils in a ring so no Glamour or Roll is required? It would obviously always have to be trying to charge itself. Perhaps it feeds on the wearer's Glamour, one per day? I was thinking Oneiromancy, or Primal be incorporated into it?

What about single use Treasures, like a werewolf's talens?

What about a Treasure entrusted to a mortal (this has been suggested) because they changeling wants the mortal to survive? This is all about that ring actually.

Still reading the 20th thoroughly but treasures now have the effect of enchanting mortals that touch them automatically so that is cool!

Also confusing when they explain the Heart of the Dreaming title, it sounds like it describes chimerical items but later they call Caliburn, Caliburn Heart of the Dreaming, so then it would be all Treasure? Or just potent ones?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Excalibur's Scabbard doesn't seem to have a roll or a Glamour cost. It seems to be always on somehow. It's a level 3 art, but it seems to be legendary so...does that count as 2 extra "levels," thus requiring another 10 successes and 2 glamour?

Comment

Originally posted by Thkaal View Post
        Excalibur's Scabbard doesn't seem to have a roll or a Glamour cost. It seems to be always on somehow. It's a level 3 art, but it seems to be legendary so...does that count as 2 extra "levels," thus requiring another 10 successes and 2 glamour?
        I believe they have it turn lethal damage into bashing damage.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Yes, but no roll required.

Comment

What about single use Treasures, like a werewolf's talens?
            Werewolf Talens (and Fetishes) works on a very diferent level. They're powered by Spirits and not the Dreaming. No Changeling is able to use them but the ones who have Wolf-Blood coursing throught their veins. Even they have serious restrictions because they can not posess Gnosis.

What about a Treasure entrusted to a mortal (this has been suggested) because they changeling wants the mortal to survive? .
            You will put your human in much more risk. She'll be enchanted and susceptible to ALL of the dangers of Dreaming. Bunch of nasty Chimeras hide in the shadows and under the beds between dust bunnys.
            And let's mention that her life will become a wyld drug-trip.

Comment

Yes, I know they are different. I am trying to find a way to do treasures that don't need rolls or glamour to activate.

Comment

I am trying to find a way to do treasures that don't need rolls or glamour to activate.
                But what's da' whuss? Make a Crafted Treasure and done.

Comment

Oh, I misread that. Never mind then. I thought even crafted required a roll for every activation.

Comment

Working...
                  X