Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sidhe Possession, Changeling Way Ritual, the Non-sidhe Arcadians, and Reincarnation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    So does that mean the shadow is a parasite to the psyche or the avatar is some sort of body snatcher too?

I don't have the WoD books for Mage or Werewolf, but I'm going to assume the answer is "no" because the host retains their sense of individuality?

They might guide or encourage their host, but they don't assume direct control over them. At least not that I'm aware of.
    Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-12-2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I think the Shadow is a wraith reference.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        So you think it’s sidhe that don’t recede into mists when they take a mortal that are so powerful? And it’s kind of a coin toss if it happens except sometimes those in freeholds and such are more inclined to keep their minds? Do you think Sidhe are driven by instinct to find suitable hosts when returning? Or are they able to be more free in where and whom they choose?
        It was implied in several books that the sidhe who freshly came out of Arcadia in 1969 or after (like Yrtalien) retained most of their powers, even though the Mists took away their memories. Which causes a whole new set of questions and problems, most notably when you handle newly created PCs fresh out of Arcadia (those from the Lost Houses who came back in 1999). See the thread I have started here: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...arcadian-sidhe

It was also implied that the sidhe managed somehow to incarnate in hosts who were quite perfect (wealthy families or positions of power, beautiftull, etc.) or to the contrary homeless people(I can imagine an Arcadian Liam sidhe reasoning that by possessing the body of this homeless guy, he will offer him a better life in Arcadia). So, yes, I took this as a proof that sidhe choose their hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

I don't have the WoD books for Mage or Werewolf, but I'm going to assume the answer is "no" because the host retains their sense of individuality?

They might guide or encourage their host, but they don't assume direct control over them. At least not that I'm aware of.
          There is no 'host'. Avatars and Shadows are an intrinsic part of the human soul, rather than parasites. Sure, the Avatar may reincarnate, moving from lifetime to lifetime, but it's still a part of your soul.

Likewise, so is the fae part of your soul. The two parts come together like the gametes from your mother and father to make one being: a changeling.

Comment

Working...
          X