A few questions about CtD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about CtD

I do have Changeling the Dealing 2nd Ed and several of the supplements which I've read a while back. Unfortunately, I do not have Nobles: The Shinning Host nor the 20th Anniversary book (but both are on the list of "to get book") so I have a few question I hope you may answer.

1) Is the province of Québec and the province of Ontario part of the same Duchy or not?
    2) Is Ottawa (Ontario) or Gatineau (Québec) status within the Duchy (e.g. County, Barony, etc.) Indicated?
    3) Could a city be (co- or partially) ruled by both a Seelie and an Unseelie court?

I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two , but I will start here.

thanks for your help

Project consolidation:
    Rough Draft: Dhole Shifters, Ottawa By Night, Tribebook Bunyip, Garou Variant
    In redaction: Lasombra Bloodline

You're not by any chance running a Changeling game in the Ottawa/Gatineau area, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Boneguard View Post
      3) Could a city be (co- or partially) ruled by both a Seelie and an Unseelie court?
      I don't see any reason why not!

Charlie Cantrell
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Well, opening up C20...

1.) No. Quebec is in the Duchy of Many Rivers, and Ontario is in the Duchy of White Trillium. Both belong to the Kingdom of the Northern Ice.

2.) The write-ups make no reference to Gatineau. However, for Ottawa it does say that there is a freehold there, the Caer Des Trois Rivières.

3.) This I'm not sure of. I know Seelie and Unseelie changelings can co-exist in the same Duchy, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post
          You're not by any chance running a Changeling game in the Ottawa/Gatineau area, are you?
          Run a game no, but I planning to write an Ottawa-Gatineau City book. And while it will probably end up being a "... by Night", I intend to include every the other splat as an appendix ( for crossover game or to make the book usable to all).

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
          Well, opening up C20...

1.) No. Quebec is in the Duchy of Many Rivers, and Ontario is in the Duchy of White Trillium. Both belong to the Kingdom of the Northern Ice.

2.) The write-ups make no reference to Gatineau. However, for Ottawa it does say that there is a freehold there, the Caer Des Trois Rivières.

3.) This I'm not sure of. I know Seelie and Unseelie changelings can co-exist in the same Duchy, but that's about it.
          Perfect thank you.

Considering the first point, the 2nd point doesn't surprise me as Ottawa and Gatineau have a close relationship (they sit on both side of the river that separated Ontario and Quebec) so I might just expand on this Freehold nd add a few points of interest.

Project consolidation:

Comment

I have always run that yes, any city can be run by both courts; but with some caveats: 1. one court will always hold more power and in general color the area. You can never have a truly neutral or mixed court - if human politics causes dissension, debate and disagreement think of how fae (which tend to mirror human experiences, only amplified and more intense) would mix. 2. I believe that each freehold will be ruled by the court of the freeholder.

Now it is possible to have multiple locations of power in a large setting so you might have one seelie and one unseelie freehold - or one common and one noble or... whatever you wish. But the freeholder(s) in power will set the rules for their freehold which will color the surrounding area.

Comment

That would work.

I'll have to read up on the Caer des Trois Rivières to see and might wait for C20 Freehold to come out to the public, however overall I'm leaning towards 2 mini-court (one in Gatineau (Québec) and one on Ottawa(Ontario), still avent decided which one will be Seelie and Unseelie) that will mirror to an extent the Anglophone vs Francophone tension found here. I'll include some Sidhe of House Scathach (both Autumn and Arcadian Sidhe) in the mix as they are my favorite House (So I'm slightly bias, Sue me! 😁😉). The Gatineau Park will have Inanimae and some Nunnehi too.

Project consolidation:

Comment

IIRC I had Gatineau controlled by a group of commoners when I ran Changeling LARPs here. And of course had a lot of Nunnehi political plots going on.

Comment

IIRC I had Gatineau controlled by a group of commoners when I ran Changeling LARPs here. And of course had a lot of Nunnehi political plots going on.
                  Are you also from the region?

sounds a lot like what I have in mind. I might add one or both new Kith that were introduce in the French WoD France hardcover (with proper credit and reference).

Project consolidation:

Comment

Are you also from the region?

sounds a lot like what I have in mind. I might add one or both new Kith that were introduce in the French WoD France hardcover (with proper credit and reference).
                    Yup, I live in Ottawa

Comment

Yup, I live in Ottawa
                      Cool, I'm on the Gatineau side...but crossing the river every day for work.

kind of why I'm considering this city book. Ottawa needs more loving in WoD

Project consolidation:

Comment

Cool the C20 Freehold is out. Sweet, that well be of great help.

Project consolidation:

Comment

There are canonical domains that cycle between the courts, and ones with councils etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                            There are canonical domains that cycle between the courts, and ones with councils etc.
                            That's good to know. My original rough draft what that the city would alternate between Seelie and Unseelie like the old days. I need to research the canon Ottawa Freehold a bit then go from there.

Project consolidation:

Comment

That's good to know. My original rough draft what that the city would alternate between Seelie and Unseelie like the old days. I need to research the canon Ottawa Freehold a bit then go from there.
                              Originally posted by c20 page 72
                              Lady Serena of House Daireann occupies Caer Des Trois
                              Rivières, a picturesque townhouse in Ottawa. She busies herself
                              with the affairs of the duchy while, rumor says, she remains
                              inconsolable over a love lost in the crossing from Arcadia.
                              From his freehold, The House of Scrolls, the scholarly satyr
                              grump Standish Piraeus heads a study group of younger commoners
                              intent on taking advantage of the city’s reputation for
                              scholarship and education.
                              There are that has ever been written about Ottawa

Comment

Working...
                              X