Enchanting the faded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enchanting the faded?

So in the book it says it's a really bad idea to try to enchant the undone, but what about enchanting the faded? Do they remember their fairy self but are treated as kinain? Or is it the same as for undone? If the book says so, I'm not finding it.

I'm not familiar with the termin "faded". Doesn't it come frome the Lost?
    Last edited by Lachdanan; 05-17-2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Page 366: All fae know the desolate end to which they are doomed.
      No matter how bright the spark burns, no matter how fierce
      the spirit, eventually Banality wins. Through a natural Fading
      or an unnatural Undoing, the Mists can cloud even a fae mind.
      Most remember nothing of their lives as changelings, waking
      from what seems like a long dream to lead normal, average lives
      like any other mortal.

Looking through the rest of the book I can't find any other mention of fading, so I'm guessing it must just be a slower way to become undone.
      Can anyone else confirm this?

Comment

I just searched through my C20 PDF for fading and faded, and that's the only mention of whatever process that is.

Comment

As is, that just sounds like an alternate phrasing for "Undoing" - aka death by Banality.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
            As is, that just sounds like an alternate phrasing for "Undoing" - aka death by Banality.
            Yep. Maybe it was an idea what was dropped during the editing but was preserved because of the correctors' failure. Wouldn't be the first time.

Or, as written above it's the "natural" erosion caused by day-to-day erosion caused by the Banal environment.
            In that case an Undone and a Faded are mechanicaly should be / are the same and the differences are purly semantic.

Addendum: "No matter how bright the spark burns, no matter how fierce
            the spirit, eventually Banality wins." - What a bulls*it. With a good build / right source of Glamour and caution a Changeling could whithstand Banality until the Fimbulwinter.

Comment

Faded could mean "chimerically dead" or some variant of temporary forgetfulness of their fairy nature. If that's the case i Imagine enfusing them with glamour would properly restore them of course since it may be difficult to tell the difference between temporary and permanent undone status it has dangerous consequences.

Comment

Working...
              X