Tribal Fae and Fetishes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magpie and Sunshine View Post
    On a site I play, the ST have allowed Nunnehi to make something that is a cross between a treasure and a fetish. Rather than binding a spirit to an object like a shifter, you negotiate with a spirit to imbue certain abilities in a object (basically the charms spirits have). So you can have ceremonial rattle that can Cleanse Blight, for example. The site in question does not give Nunnehi access to Kithain Treasure easily.
    Okay thats cool, I was experimenting with this kind of idea because Tribal Fae getting Treasures as their go to magic items was always weird to me because of their connection shifting from Dreaming to Umbra. While Nunnehi do have Arts and Realms I've been treating Treasures of theirs as religious or mythological potent items, lost to the Ages and possibly in the hands of Sidhe who lord them over Nunnehi to keep them in their service if they want them back. Nunnehi can still craft Treasures but doing so needs special elements that they've begun to have issues gathering, they would parallel mythical items so these fetish like items are easier to craft especially when they can enter the Umbra and petition the aid of their Totem spirits or spirits who find them as allies.

Comment

Originally posted by Freederp92 View Post
      ...connection shifting from Dreaming to Umbra.
      If somebody can, please inform me:
      Why do we think, that the Tribals don't have connection to the Dreaming. Yeh, they are forbidden to set foot into the (now destroyed - Thank you Freeholds!) Higher Hunting Grounds, what is their semi-Arcadia.
      But nothing states that they can't access the other parts of the Dreaming. Their spiritual properities - so far - are addition to the normal faerie abilities and not a replacement.

They have alternative methods to gather juice, they can't GATHER them from Dreamers, but, I *think* we shouldn't widen this as a NODREAMINGYOUTRIBALSCUM rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Lachdanan View Post

If somebody can, please inform me:
        Why do we think, that the Tribals don't have connection to the Dreaming. Yeh, they are forbidden to set foot into the (now destroyed - Thank you Freeholds!) Higher Hunting Grounds, what is their semi-Arcadia.
        But nothing states that they can't access the other parts of the Dreaming. Their spiritual properities - so far - are addition to the normal faerie abilities and not a replacement.

They have alternative methods to gather juice, they can't GATHER them from Dreamers, but, I *think* we shouldn't widen this as a NODREAMINGYOUTRIBALSCUM rule.

I honestly treat Nunnehi as able to access Near Dreaming and the equivalent of the Umbra, I didn't mean 'oh they cant come here anymore, no tribal scums.' I've been treating it more on the level of they cannot access Kithain Freeholds to hop through, though through Glades and such they can use Wayfare or natural raths to crossover. Also Nunnehi get a form of Freehold according to the core book called Lodges(?) but they don't function or resemble Kithain Freeholds? I was hoping Freeholds would talk about Lodges but nope.

I've been trying to balance both those ends as my current story revolves around how Nunnehi are trying to reclaim Treasures and what were once their Lodges from Kithains and the struggles of to do what is right and what is expected of you as one of the Players is a Sidhe of noble lineage and her family would look down on handing over something their ancestor took in conquest of the New World.

Comment

Originally posted by Freederp92 View Post

I honestly treat Nunnehi as able to access Near Dreaming and the equivalent of the Umbra, I didn't mean 'oh they cant come here anymore, no tribal scums.' I've been treating it more on the level of they cannot access Kithain Freeholds to hop through, though through Glades and such they can use Wayfare or natural raths to crossover. Also Nunnehi get a form of Freehold according to the core book called Lodges(?) but they don't function or resemble Kithain Freeholds? I was hoping Freeholds would talk about Lodges but nope.

I've been trying to balance both those ends as my current story revolves around how Nunnehi are trying to reclaim Treasures and what were once their Lodges from Kithains and the struggles of to do what is right and what is expected of you as one of the Players is a Sidhe of noble lineage and her family would look down on handing over something their ancestor took in conquest of the New World.
          Well its more likely then that the Commoners are the ones who took the Treasures as spoils of War. In that Case the Sidhe could consider giving at least some of them back as an ambassadorial token, like going see we are more honorable than those petty commoners who you warred with.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

Well its more likely then that the Commoners are the ones who took the Treasures as spoils of War. In that Case the Sidhe could consider giving at least some of them back as an ambassadorial token, like going see we are more honorable than those petty commoners who you warred with.
            Not the Treasuers matter, but the Lodges. They stole them, destroyed homes, tribal knowledge, than made Freeholds from the carcasses.
            It's not a question why so many of the Nunnehi are in the Winter Camp.

About the Book of Freeholds: It makes a complete mess with the Lodges/Glades/Freeholds.

An other thing:
            I've just checked the oldschool Player's Guide. Back then the Nunnehi could gather Medicine from the Dreams, but with +2 difficulty. (And from tribal one's easily.)

Why did the OPP took that away? Gathering the juice is a great RP opportunity, what now is closed.

Also I *think* a different Banality-cleansing method should be inplemented for them.
            For example: Cleansing a tainted place& helping the nature reclaime it.

Comment

Working...
            X