Ghost Danse and the Nunnehi Resurgence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Danse and the Nunnehi Resurgence

So listening to the Walking Away from Arcadia, love this podcast by the way, they suggest the Alcatraz Protests that happened during the Resurgence would be a great candidate for the Nunnehi Resurgence.

But I like the idea that in the 1990 the Ghost Dance started taking effect, but instead of returning Turtle Island to the Native Peoples it causes a reopening of the Higher Hunting Grounds and a return of a bunch of Nunnehi and Inanimae? Though they kind of imply that what many of the Nunnehi didn't depart the World after the Shattering eventually affected the Americas, but I imagine there were a lot still maybe stranded? Still we don't really have much on how the Umbral Fae explored the Umbra since they don't do the Dreaming. Wouldn't they have all that time and energy be put into the Spirit World they can travel?

And what about since its the modern world and all and their shared Hardships are a thing the Nunnehi and Menehune have ambassadorial relations with each other? Walking away from Arcadia also has a novel idea that maybe the way Kithain handle the thresholds is only a thing for Changelings who traveled outside their native lands, and that maybe the European fae that stayed in Europe could use methods like the Nunnehi since they are tied to Fae Mounds and sacred groves over there, and that traveling Fae from Concordia could be surprised because they just have a misunderstanding of the world.

I do like the idea that some Nunnehi Families could become Kithain and Kithain could become Nunnehi due to the intermarriage between Kinain and Changelings in the Americas.

And I feel they are missing out on Merfolk interactions with the Nunnehi, South of the Border Nunnehi in general. The books say the Americas all joined together to form the Nunnehi but they ignore South America. I hope they either address South American Families or make another sect of Gallain.

But yeah I feel there should be an addressed Nunnehi Resurgence, and more talk of how the Nunnehi relate to the other Gallain, and most of all flesh them out as a setting. They are more ignored than the Fera were in older Editions of Werewolf. They are not given things from their own perspective, they are only talked about in relation to the Kithain. Even the Hsien got their own book and a much more realized discussion on their goals, history and setting. And I feel we should have gotten at least a few examples of Kithain and Nunnehi sharing a city, or state, maybe there they agreed to keep Glades rather then make Freeholds so everyone can partake. Perhaps some Nunnehi and Menehune that started living away from home territories started developing Kithain thresholds as they were seperated from their lands and could then partake in Freeholds?

Maybe the hundred years of Ghost Dancing Brought Dreams and Nightmares back into the World, and their Resurgence was a mix between that and the Evanescence and they have a swell of Kiths and Thallain. I imagine they have more than the Skin Walkers, I have them also have some Wendigo Thallain at least.

It is a time for great deeds!

...and so I continue to hold out hope that someday we'll get a "Book of Nunnehi"...because yeah, they absolutely deserve further fleshing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
      So listening to the Walking Away from Arcadia, love this podcast by the way, they suggest the Alcatraz Protests that happened during the Resurgence would be a great candidate for the Nunnehi Resurgence.

But I like the idea that in the 1990 the Ghost Dance started taking effect, but instead of returning Turtle Island to the Native Peoples it causes a reopening of the Higher Hunting Grounds and a return of a bunch of Nunnehi and Inanimae?
      I always had the idea (as I've read the fluff) that the Nunnehi did not flee to the High Hunting Grounsd, but made pact with native shamans to live throught their bloodlines.
      Additionaly the Book of Freeholds stated that the HHG were not just severed from the Autumn World, but was destroyed.

*Personaly* I'm against a Nunnehi Resurgence and find a great role playing opportunity to act as one of the remaining member of a falling race (caused by the dvindling native bloodlines).
      Also I abhor repetitiveness of the same theme in multiple game lines, but that's my subjectivity.

Still we don't really have much on how the Umbral Fae explored the Umbra since they don't do the Dreaming.
      They travel the Dreaming, but can (with resourches) travel the Umbra also (see below). If the Dreaming would be unaccessable for them they would not have competed with the Kinain for Americas' resourches.

Wouldn't they have all that time and energy be put into the Spirit World they can travel?
      A Nunnehi have multiple prereqs to travel to the Umbra:
      1) Must have a Totem and must be in her presence.
      2) Must have Gremayre Knowledge.
      3) Must have Wayfare 1.

Additionaly the Umbra can be (or is) an extreamly deadly environment, but they may and should have greater knowledge about it than an avarage shaman.

And what about since its the modern world and all and their shared Hardships are a thing the Nunnehi and Menehune have ambassadorial relations with each other?
      In my *oppinion* the Menehune are extreamly isolationist because of their taboo system. A short walk in a crowded streets would deplete the Mana sourche of a whole tribe.
      (The Immortal Eyes also support their isolationist behavior).
      Based on the above I *think* their contact would be extreamly limited.

Addendum: The Nunnehi have enough problem in their home turf. They are attacked by Kithain / Thallain / Wyrm / Weaver / Mages / Ghosts and human conditions.

I do like the idea that some Nunnehi Families could become Kithain and Kithain could become Nunnehi due to the intermarriage between Kinain and Changelings in the Americas.
      I'd absolutly support the idea.

And I feel they are missing out on Merfolk interactions with the Nunnehi, South of the Border Nunnehi in general. The books say the Americas all joined together to form the Nunnehi but they ignore South America. I hope they either address South American Families or make another sect of Gallain.
      South America had an absolutly different social / technological / spiritual structure. If there were Changelings there they should be new type of Fae.

They are more ignored than the Fera were in older Editions of Werewolf.
      I would be a supporter of a Book of Nunnehi, I see tremendous potentials wasted.
      Last edited by Lachdanan; 05-18-2018, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X