SoothSay for Wealth in C20?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of the Night
    started a topic SoothSay for Wealth in C20?

SoothSay for Wealth in C20?

In prior editions the most obvious blessing to be performed with soothsay was to help someone become affluent.

But C20 made Soothsay a bit a less simply "cause this or that to happen"

If a childling uses Augury to find the best path to wealth for her family, whats she likely to find, that gaining control of her parents is a good first step?

If a kithain uses fatefire to bless a waitress he's pleased with, how could the blessing manifest?

• Lian
    replied
    Originally posted by c20
    Fate Fire is more than simply a hanging bundle of
    extra successes or a nasty forced botch. It’s Glamour
    woven into the tapestry of destiny itself by the deft
    hands of a master seer, and exists to enforce tales of
    staggering triumph in the darkest of hours, or terrible
    defeat at the cusp of victory. The triggers of the effects
    of this cantrip aren’t intended to go off at random, but
    rather when it would be most dramatic
    All of my examples are covered by this.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Fatefire in C20 only enhances her doesnt bend fate way it's written.

Leave a comment:

• Lian
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    In prior editions the most obvious blessing to be performed with soothsay was to help someone become affluent.

But C20 made Soothsay a bit a less simply "cause this or that to happen"

If a childling uses Augury to find the best path to wealth for her family, whats she likely to find, that gaining control of her parents is a good first step?

If a kithain uses fatefire to bless a waitress he's pleased with, how could the blessing manifest?

Specific questions are easier. A childling who say wants their parents to be taken care of financially might be better off asking "which lotto ticket should I buy" or "how can my dad get ahead at work" or "how can my Mom get her dream job.."

Fatefire on the waitress is easy. She gets one of those chance meetings that turns her life around. She bumps into a producer who thinks she's perfect for a minor part, or she impresses random undercover billionaire with her service and she gets a 10k tip. Or she's around to do something awesome and it goes viral on the internet. Or her Youtube channel she does on the side just happens to get promoted in the algorhythm and she's suddenly able to quit that job and do her blog fulltime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X