New fanmade kith: the Lorialets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fanmade kith: the Lorialets

So, here is a new fanmade kith based on the french fairy know as the Lorialet. I really wanted to make one thing with this one: creating a kith whith birthright would help with Oniromancy but who also can be used by characters lacking the Art. I'm currently unhappy with the current version of the Lullaby blessing because I find it somewhat too powerful and I know it can easily be warped by any assassin-type characters. If you have any ideas, I'm open to suggestion.

Lorialet

Nicknames: Lunatics

The Lorialets (lo-ri-a-lɛ') are birthed by dreams of the moon and the stars, by the wonder of the night and the beauty of the spheres. Related to the Selkies, Lorialets are strangers from another world. But unlike their cousins, their commitment is forever stranded, and so they try to escape or express their longing for a place they are forever banned from. A melancholic lot, they are renowned practitioners of Oniromancy, dreams being the only realm where they can freely explore worlds they will ever see but never touch. While the Resurgence was a revolution for all the fae, the act of humanity landing on the moon jolted the entire kith, changing his frailty and prompting it toward an uncertain future.

The Lorialets possess a pale complexion and have a silhouette that encompass all things slim and long. Their hairs range from gray to silver and their eyes are pitch black with speckles of bright blue and purple moving inside. While not all of them act as a fabled poète maudit, Lorialets tend to gravitate toward artistic and performer careers. They are authors, musicians, painters and poets. Other of their kind takes on either astrology or astronomy, usually in a strange mystical blend of the two. There has never been a Lorialet astronaut before, but history is made to happen.

Affinity: Scene

Revelry: Stargazing is the core being of the Lorialets. Either alone or accompanied with close friends or a lover, contemplating the night sky is a revering experience. There is no need to only observe, Lorialets like to compose, cuddle, draw, discuss or philosophize while gazing upon the moon and the stars, but they can only draw Glamour from it if their focus and those of their companions stay focused toward the heavens.

Unleashing: Lorialet Unleashings are infused by the beauty of the night. The sound of nocturnal animals can be heard while the atmosphere around the Lorialet and their target begins to glow with dreamlike constellations and moonlight.

Birthrights

Lullaby of the Sandman - Lorialets know instinctively the lyrics and tunes that will ease the mind of a sleeper. By singing to a sleeping target, a Lorialet can prevent it from naturally awakening. It costs the Lorialet a point of Glamour to do so, and any external stimulus violent enough to cause damage will let the target awoken. The sleep of a target cannot be under the effect of more than one Lullaby of the Sandman, and a magically prolonged sleep cannot last more than one full day. The Lorialet who caused the effect can lift the power at anytime.

Nightly Attunement - The vision of a Lorialet is unfazed by the night. While complete darkness can still blind them, any amount of ambiant natural luminosity will let them see around them as clear as the day. Lorialets also cannot botch any Enigmas or Expression rolls.

Frailty

Mercurial Nature - The personality of a Lorialet is a neverending mess, and their shifts are closely associated with the cycle of the moon. Each Lorialet is personally and secretly associated with a phase of the moon. Once by moon cycle, when they is first touched by the moonlight of their right phase, a Lorialet will shift between their Seelie and Unseelie Legacies.

“Home is a place in your heart. Rejoice, because while you can return to yours, mine will forever be out of touch.”
    Last edited by DaemonChrno; 05-27-2018, 07:31 AM.

One idea I had for a nerf is making the blessing only work by touching. This way, after all, it's just overkill for an assassin character who is able to touch his target when he is sleeping to spend a Glamour to prevent the target for awakening up before the first strike.

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonChrno View Post
      One idea I had for a nerf is making the blessing only work by touching. This way, after all, it's just overkill for an assassin character who is able to touch his target when he is sleeping to spend a Glamour to prevent the target for awakening up before the first strike.
      Interesting, I like em. I don't see it as an issue as a lot of powers already work until assaulted. But if you are bothered you can can make it like a Banality trigger for them to assault someone they keep asleep.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonChrno View Post
        Presumably an assassin character is going to spec in stealth, I don't see how this is any different than any other Stealth based attack. Yes the target can't wake up until its hit, but THE SAME would be true for someone with Veiled Eyes or just plain sneaks into the person's room.

I mean Pooka small animal is probably more dangerous as this doesn't give you any method of breaking in.. honestly it gives you a couple of neat tricks but Sluagh and Pooka still win in the Assassin Kith game.
        Last edited by Lian; 05-27-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X