A Red Branch Knight novel series and setting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Red Branch Knight novel series and setting

Hi I want to create a YA novel series the First in the series will becalled A Red Branch Knight, set in Fae Empires of North America in 21th Century of the King-Emperor of Seelie Court and Empire of Unseelie Court.

Like changeling setting it has a Fae Feudism overlapping modern day Human nations, and there are Fae Races other then Sidhe nobles

When a Human looks at a Fae they only see a normal Human this due to the simple fact that Humans only see what they want to see other people, The Red Branch Knights are my Fae version of the Knight's Templars,

King-Emperor of the Seelie Court is based on English one while Iron Emperor of Unseelie Court is based on Imperial Germany.

What I need to know will I get sued by Changling's RPG creators and owners?,

LW

The World of Darkness IP owners don't have a monopoly on the concept of modern day fae stories, but if you think your story is similar enough to the licensed Changeling setting that you have to ask, you're starting on shaky ground. Especially because the Knights of the Red Branch are already part of the Changeling setting.

Out of curiosity, if your YA series gets adapted into movies or TV, do you have any ideas on who you'd like to cast?

2E Legacy Updates
    Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
    Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
    Storm Keepers

Comment

First off I'm changing the title first in the series The Last Red Branch Knight, um Knights of Red Branch was the name Loyalist Military group in Northern Ireland, On Humans looking at the Fae Race to most Humans as Human but there Feudal era clothes and weapons aren't invisable to Human eyes.

Second thing is that my Dutchy of Sunshine Coast will be were the first novel starts, since it seems that officially I can't get into the Changling RPG setting.

I'm also a huge fan of a Song of Ice and Fire series and setting, I want my YA series to have that Urban Fae series to have some it's flavor.

LW

Comment

Well again I would like help with this, yes there will be a Fae Feudal Society overlapping are 21th Century North America, like in Changeling North America is split between sevrel Fae Kingdoms covering over USA, Canada, and Mexico.

I'm not Jackie Cassada, Neil Gaiman or Guillenno Del Toro when comes to the Fae.

Also my version of Fae races split between Seelie and Unseelie

such as Sidhe/Drow, Troll/Orc

LW

Comment

Wait you are going to want to delineate some differences in the setting. Like why would you have Drow and Orcs, that is a Dungeons and Dragon thing is this not going to be based off of popular fantasy media or old myths and folktales? Why would the Trolls be Seelie, the idea of honorable trolls is contradictory to myths, that is one of the inventions of Changeling the Dreaming.

Are there going to be lots of types of Fae, or are they going to be condensed to some handful of core species? Why are European fae dominant in North America? Are European fae just the Universal Fae of the setting, or did they take over North America with the European mortals. How does an average fae differ from a mortal? Does it come with automatic benefits? How do you handle Fae magic?

Do other supernatural beings exist? Or for example are things like werewolves fae? What about ghosts, or mortal sorcerers?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
          X