Opinions on Centaurs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Centaurs

So a quick little poll: Would you as a player feel cheated if your centaur only got their extra legs in the various stages of the dreaming as other kiths gain various features the deeper they go and on Earth are forced into having two legs or would that basically ruin the kith as a playable option?

If you're playing a centaur then I think you would want it to be a thing available in the autumn world, at least in the fae mein.

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post
      If you're playing a centaur then I think you would want it to be a thing available in the autumn world, at least in the fae mein.

Well I was thinking the reason Centaurs were considered an "extinct" kith was they were often mistaken for Satyrs when in the Autumn realm. Thus negating some of the issues with being 4 legged in the real world. On the other hand being four legged is kind of the thing so...

Comment

I like that idea someone posted about awhile back with centaurs riding bicycles and motorcycles and whatnot.

Comment

I always sort of saw them as more of a Bygone race than a Changeling one (sort of like unicorns and dragons), that now sadly exist primarily only in the Dreaming or hidden mystic preserves maintained by Mages. But if they were to be a Kith, I'd probably want to have the legs just because it would seem to be such a big part of their identity.

I wish I had a copy of the CoD Changing Breeds book, as I recall it having centaurs in it, and I'm sort of curious how they handled the issue.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
            I always sort of saw them as more of a Bygone race than a Changeling one (sort of like unicorns and dragons), that now sadly exist primarily only in the Dreaming or hidden mystic preserves maintained by Mages. But if they were to be a Kith, I'd probably want to have the legs just because it would seem to be such a big part of their identity.
            Plenty of attempts as making a Dragon Kith out there.. and Mokole and... well Nymphs both work as inanimae and various spirits.

I wish I had a copy of the CoD Changing Breeds book, as I recall it having centaurs in it, and I'm sort of curious how they handled the issue.
            The Horse changing Breed had Centaur as one of their forms. Since the COD book was meant to be a build yourown beast setup it could do things like that.

Comment

We’re I to write up a centaur kith for CtD, I’d just make it a feature that mortals mistake them as being horseback or riding a motorcycle, etc when they use the Birthrights that reflect their physical mien (unless they call upon the Wyrd to reveal their true form of course).

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                We’re I to write up a centaur kith for CtD, I’d just make it a feature that mortals mistake them as being horseback or riding a motorcycle, etc when they use the Birthrights that reflect their physical mien (unless they call upon the Wyrd to reveal their true form of course).

The issue is more... "can they sit in a chair without taking banality" and "can they wear normal pants"?

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                  The issue is more... "can they sit in a chair without taking banality" and "can they wear normal pants"?
                  I mean...for C20 didn't we dispense with the whole "Trolls roll for Banality if they try to sit in a car that's too small for their fae mein" framing for Banality?

Comment

Yup. C20 also has satyrs being able to wear shoes.

Comment

I forget the anime I saw earlier this year with a female centaur as the main character, with dresses and skirts that covered the entire horse half and specially designed furniture. (What was weird was that after the third or fourth episode, you really stop noticing anything being out of the ordinary.)🙃

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
                      X