No announcement yet.

Apparently there's a huge, official Changeling LARP coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that when Dziobak did Convention of Thorns, they did most of the work themselves, with some input from White Wolf, and WW had final approval on everything, though from what I understand, they were very hands-off.

Incidentally, CoT diverted somewhat from how CoT has been described in books, in order to fit a LARP narrative.

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

This in in reply to tasti man's reply to me:

-
      i take you to be the guy who looked at a post, decided their own statements are so correct that any post in your wake saying a thing you disagree with can only mean the poster is just incapable of reading a forum thread, then derided it on that basis. The person who is doubling down on that by going so far as to suggest either this is necessary for the mental health of the forum or just reflects badly on the mental health of people saying things you don't like.

Either way, if you want to consider that reasonable, I will save you some trouble and note we're not going to agree on that.

Edit: I'll note I guess for clarity, the sidebar thing was in reference to how you were talking about what does and does not count as changes with v20, not the thing you again decided I had to be doing.
      Last edited by MarkK; 08-10-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackob View Post
        I know that when Dziobak did Convention of Thorns, they did most of the work themselves, with some input from White Wolf, and WW had final approval on everything, though from what I understand, they were very hands-off.

Incidentally, CoT diverted somewhat from how CoT has been described in books, in order to fit a LARP narrative.
        Right. I even caught a snippet that at one CoT, an outcome that happened was Giovanni ending up joining the Camarilla.

And considering what I've read of BJD and the snippets I've heard of V5 (progress on my read through is slow due to juggling reading other books) that's not something that's happening with Giovanni.

Originally posted by MarkK View Post
        i take you to be the guy
        Because making assumptions of my character is most certainly a mature way to try to address a conversation and not just dismiss things when it suits you is the right course of action?

Nor is it relevant.

The person who is doubling down on that by going so far as to suggest either this is necessary for the mental health of the forum or just reflects badly on the mental health of people saying things you don't like.
        Because I fail to see how adopting a "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" attitude is useful to anyone?
        Last edited by tasti man LH; 08-10-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Dude, you're at the point where you're trying to argue you have the right by logic to mock people saying things you don't like as reflecting lack of mental health while protesting that you're not being addressed maturely.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkK View Post
            Dude, you're at the point where you're trying to argue you have the right by logic to mock people saying things you don't like as reflecting lack of mental health while protesting that you're not being addressed maturely.
            And now I'm being told that maintaining negative attitudes is the same as saying that they're mentally ill?

Yeah we're done here.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

And quite frankly, I find maintaining a "nuWW is out to RUIN EVERYTHING!!!" as being completely draining and unproductive mentality to have. It ain't healthy.
              Your words chief. "Just because i'm telling you what your views are and saying they are the product of an unhealthy mentality doesn't mean I'm saying you are mentally unhealthy, just your views!" Is certainly interesting.

I do appreciate that we're done with the peak Internet of picking out a post that had nothing to do with you, mocking it, mocking the poster, arguing at length that you had every right to in response to that going unappreciated for some mysterious reason, then some more insults. Demanding all the while that not accepting the added aspect of "you're not responding to me productively to dare to point out the insults" is the height of unreason.

Aaanywho, I sure do hope the content of that larp goes largely ignored as far as potential thematic influence for nuww fae, presuming this means I'm allowed to say that again.
              Last edited by MarkK; 08-10-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X