Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House Gwydion and Iron Paladins how to handle them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Gwydion and Iron Paladins how to handle them?

Any idea how house Gwydion can claim juridstiction over Iron Paladins that have already murder unseelie, possibly with Cold Iron?

I think theyd want to try them in THEIR courts, grudgingly offering a few unseelie safe conduct to act as witnesses.

Can you imagine what kind of circus would happen if Ailil got their hands on say one who murdered a childling with Cold Iron?

The normal way? by Sending in an army and taking it.

Comment

was I probably right on the "we want to deal with this ourselves" thing rather then let him become the subject of a Ailil Show trial?

Comment

The Ailil probably wouldn't make a show trial out of it. A show execution? Absolutely. I mean they are in the right here. Gwydion would just sweep it under the mat. They won't call Unseelie witnesses or have a show of justice they will just "Solve it" and anyone who questions their methods are "questioning their honor RAAAAWR"

So they will send in troops, execute the traitors and look bad about it the whole time.

Comment

Traitors? How is being a fanatic without Mercy or honor make one a 'Traitor'?

or do you mean as in "traitor to their houses heritage?"

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
            Traitors? How is being a fanatic without Mercy or honor make one a 'Traitor'?

or do you mean as in "traitor to their houses heritage?"
            They are Traitors to the House and to the Dreaming. Death by Cold Iron violates the Escheat. It besmirches the Honor of the Entire House. It proves the Ailil Right(which is the most horrible of things!)

Comment

They could claim, not entirely without justification, that the Iron Paladins violate the various defining oaths one makes in order to be a Gwydion, and the founding pledges of Gwydion and his followers themselves and try to make hay out of that as far as having legal right to them, be all "they have slighted the Tuatha themselves!" as far as why they have jurisdiction. If you want this to lead to epic faerie courtroom drama, the Iron Paladins in question could be all "in fact I am totally fulfilling them from my bent and dark perspective!" and demand some kind of trial/hearing in a public enough way that them not getting it would look hinky. Maybe one of them is someone's brother/sister/child or was otherwise connected enough that they can't be summarily killed off without going through some motions first, or something.

​The other fae that could have tried/executed/whatever these fae have in the meantime handed them over, probably because as a house the Gwydion have mongered a lot of influence/power and the like that they're now leveraging and screw it, clearly said Iron Paladins are going to die anyway for their crimes, if the Gwydion want to be the ones to have to deal with banality from killing them all, hey, that's easier on the rest of us and not worth fighting over.

​Only now it's threatening to turn into some existential confrontation for the soul of the house itself. If one of your pcs is an especially eloquent sort, the Gwydion might approach them for aid at the trial (if even a non Gwydion can shut this nonsense down, why, that proves it was ultra super nonsense!), offer favours, what have you.

​Or honestly they just roll dudes in and kill them, sure, just otherwise trying to play with the idea in a way that encourages some plot and drama.
              Last edited by MarkK; 08-10-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

They are Traitors to the House and to the Dreaming. Death by Cold Iron violates the Escheat. It besmirches the Honor of the Entire House. It proves the Ailil Right(which is the most horrible of things!)

I think the Gwydion would phrase it as "It makes the Ailil look right" somehow

oh? An idea

House Ailil trys discussing ransom with Gwydion

Gwydion Offer's an insultingly small sum in ransom but Generous Reparations

Saying "A Trifle is all they are worth"

Or think that goes against their way of doing htings.

One thing is it safe to say they probably want any debts to the unseelie paid off ASAP in $$$ or Dross?
                Last edited by Prince of the Night; 08-10-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkK View Post
                  ​Or honestly they just roll dudes in and kill them, sure, just otherwise trying to play with the idea in a way that encourages some plot and drama.
                  Sending in Guys to kill someone is pretty damn dramatic. I am not assuming they will A: Succeed. B: There would be fall out either or. They march in and kill the "Traitors to the House' and.. quite probably hurt the Unseelie holding them. Drama right there. Or.. the PCs successfully hold off the Gwydion Killsquad and there's more drama because failure and other Seelie houses are "...what the fuck man?" they'd already be there with the "might makes right" possition but at the end of things might does make Right, but if you try that and fail you are in an even worse position, you are both wrong and weak.

I think the Gwydion would phrase it as "It makes the Ailil look right" somehow

oh? An idea

House Ailil trys discussing ransom with Gwydion

Gwydion Offer's an insultingly small sum in ransom but Generous Reparations

Saying "A Trifle is all they are worth"

Or think that goes against their way of doing htings.

One thing is it safe to say they probably want any debts to the unseelie paid off ASAP in $$$ or Dross?

People who kill with Cold Iron are not "Ransomed" A Gwydion knight who goes off and causes problems in an Ailil domain where a child ends up chimerically dead would be ransomed. THere would be politicing involved and debts paid. Using Cold Iron breaks all social contracts. It is the ultimate forbidden act. Some super crazy geas likely leading to death is perhaps the "nicest" option.

However the other idea has some interesting merits, I'd as I say lower the severity of the crime to match though, because Death by Cold Iron is beyond the pale.

Comment

Sending in Guys to kill someone is pretty damn dramatic. I am not assuming they will A: Succeed. B: There would be fall out either or. They march in and kill the "Traitors to the House' and.. quite probably hurt the Unseelie holding them. Drama right there. Or.. the PCs successfully hold off the Gwydion Killsquad and there's more drama because failure and other Seelie houses are "...what the fuck man?" they'd already be there with the "might makes right" possition but at the end of things might does make Right, but if you try that and fail you are in an even worse position, you are both wrong and weak.

People who kill with Cold Iron are not "Ransomed" A Gwydion knight who goes off and causes problems in an Ailil domain where a child ends up chimerically dead would be ransomed. THere would be politicing involved and debts paid. Using Cold Iron breaks all social contracts. It is the ultimate forbidden act. Some super crazy geas likely leading to death is perhaps the "nicest" option.

However the other idea has some interesting merits, I'd as I say lower the severity of the crime to match though, because Death by Cold Iron is beyond the pale.

Fair points

you said it has interesting merits because Ailil might be pleased at seeing the Gwydion demean the fool so.

Cold Iron breaks social contracts enough, that Gwydion might well state, in no uncertain terms "do with him, as you see fit"

Except then they may do some chimerical experiment on him, to turn him into a monster....

but who cares?

Oh any thoughts on Gwydion wanting any debts to unseelie repaid swiftly in Dross or Cash?

Comment

Aah, sorry, wasn't meaning to imply the suggestion was otherwise lacking, my apologies for that, my own stylistic leans are just more florid.
                      Last edited by MarkK; 08-10-2018, 08:49 PM. Reason: Realized i qualified the apology

Comment

Fair points

you said it has interesting merits because Ailil might be pleased at seeing the Gwydion demean the fool so.

Cold Iron breaks social contracts enough, that Gwydion might well state, in no uncertain terms "do with him, as you see fit"

Except then they may do some chimerical experiment on him, to turn him into a monster....

but who cares?
                        Two wrongs don't make a right.

The Ailil could get Gwydion secrets out of the traitors. That's why I think the Gwydion would send out a killsquad.

Oh any thoughts on Gwydion wanting any debts to unseelie repaid swiftly in Dross or Cash?
                        I imagine they would want something as simple as Dross, Cash, possibly even land claims as simple payment while the Ailil would want something more like a "Favor"

Comment

That would be difficult to defend in front of the parliament of dreams, sending out a kill squad

or will it probably not get any worse, then the Iron Paladins already made it?

If the child was just killed Chimericly…

Is asking for Private School tuiton a reasonable thing to tack on there

And just had a picture of Representive from Ailil and Gwydion discussing it, not sure at parliament of dreams or at a neutral freehold?

Probaly latter as I just imagined one of his retainers reminding them what they could do with $10,000,000

and he sighs at how short sighted they are.

And would that be a good message on the Iron Paladins?

"all you accomplished was behold our house to the Unseelie, that is all"
                          Last edited by Prince of the Night; 08-10-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I feel like you have a particular end game you desire, perhaps we could start at that and work backwards?

Comment

Political reprecussions.

Imagine in the Parliament of Dreams...

With the Ailil bringing in a childlings parents (enchanting them if their not kithain or kinain)

Who teary eyed describe how heart broken they are to lose their beautiful daughter.

and showing photographs and/or video's of her first few years of life.

bring in Mentors or friends to describe having known her.

You get the idea?

Gwydion sending in a kill squad, though not something I thought of, is worth addressing in how it would aggravate things
                              Last edited by Prince of the Night; 08-12-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X