Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House Gwydion and Iron Paladins how to handle them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to use this example, but look at Phantom Menace from Star Wars. That's pretty much the situation power blocks in the Parlement can push all sorts of questionable actions and the Gwydion are a power block.

So Iron Paladin kills Perma Kills Ailil childling Gwydions say they handle it n house and send in some knights to be all murder murder.

Ailil go raise up a mob of various other factions with "it could be you next!" Gwydion gets hammered.

But this is PROBABLY a local thing vs something that gets pushed to the Parlement of Dreams. Its likely to be something that doesn't go beyond the Duchy.

Now Gwydion Serial killer murdered Unseelie members with cold iron in various kingdoms through out Concordia and they just take him and kill him and say "FINE FUCK YOU" well that might be a national issue.

Now if the ailil chidling were JUST murdered physically well there'd probably be some level of negotiations and and probably an execution for an execution along with exchanges of potentially dross, land etc. I imagine "Real world" money is the least valuable thing.

If the ailil childling was just chimerically murdered well she'll be back in less than a day more than likely so its most likely to be dross payment or real world money.

Comment

oh
      just checked chimerical death in C20

just gain "Half your permanent banality" banality points.

Instead of "Gain a permanent banality"

so all she needs is a stay at a freehold.

if it was physical death, is it reasonable to think that the Gwydion would shake their heads and allow the "Execution for a execution" thing?

If it was just chimerical

would it be safe to say many in Gwydion would feel they owed her as an individual a boon, but not her house, for the poor behavior of one of their loose cannons.

Good for a character background of meeting unlikely friends in boarding school I suppose?

And For the Iron paladin in question being ransomed for "All he's worth"

I think Ailil would smile in agreement on that"
      Last edited by Prince of the Night; 08-13-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        oh
        just checked chimerical death in C20

just gain "Half your permanent banality" banality points.

Instead of "Gain a permanent banality"

so all she needs is a stay at a freehold.

if it was physical death, is it reasonable to think that the Gwydion would shake their heads and allow the "Execution for a execution" thing?

Maybe. Changeling society is explicitly NOT egalitarian. It depends on Rank of the individuals. And who they are connected to.

If it was just chimerical

would it be safe to say many in Gwydion would feel they owed her as an individual a boon, but not her house, for the poor behavior of one of their loose cannons.

Good for a character background of meeting unlikely friends in boarding school I suppose?

And For the Iron paladin in question being ransomed for "All he's worth"

I think Ailil would smile in agreement on that"
        Remember Noble society is explicitly feudal. The actions of Knights reflect upon their Lords and so on and so forth. Some random Gwydion Knight Errant might be a rogue canon, but on the other hand other membrs of their house might still feel they owe things

Comment

One thing? Ailil, is the unseelie house I mentioned simply cause their my favorite unseelie house

Ideas how other unseelie houses would react?

Leahaun would shake their head sadly, and maybe throw a pity party.

And possibly also try going to parliament of dreams

Balor would send out a war party to attack the Gwydion in vengeance

No ideas how the newe houses introduced in anniversary would react.

Comment

One thing? Ailil, is the unseelie house I mentioned simply cause their my favorite unseelie house

Ideas how other unseelie houses would react?

Leahaun would shake their head sadly, and maybe throw a pity party.

And possibly also try going to parliament of dreams

Balor would send out a war party to attack the Gwydion in vengeance

No ideas how the newe houses introduced in anniversary would react.

The Newer Houses were added before anviersary asside from Danaan.

Varich are like AIlil.. but worse because they can study what you are going to do, nearly every one of them should have levels of soothsay. Varich are all about playing the Xanatos Gambit.

Aesin are vikings they will act like Vikings

Dalrean will fucking poison you.

Comment

how would Aesin and Balor react differently? just curious

ouch... poison

Think I was right on Leahaun? that they'd throw a pity party?

Comment

how would Aesin and Balor react differently? just curious

ouch... poison

Think I was right on Leahaun? that they'd throw a pity party?
                Balor is more likely to walk in with machine guns.

Comment

Aesin walks in with Chimerical Battle axes?

Comment

Aesin walks in with Chimerical Battle axes?

Or real axes. Or call upon the wyrd. They care about aesthetics. They have a vision of who they are.

Balor does not.

Comment

back on Gwydion you suggested that even if the Iron Paladin acted badly he may have an immediate superior whos humiliated by his actions.

Would it be unreasonable for a Knight to be renounced by his liege lord?

Comment

back on Gwydion you suggested that even if the Iron Paladin acted badly he may have an immediate superior whos humiliated by his actions.

Would it be unreasonable for a Knight to be renounced by his liege lord?

I'd imagine its complicated. HIs leige could renounce him declare him an outlaw outside the Escheat and let the Ailil act.. but him still having ever been sworn looks bad on his leige.

Comment

true

would renouncing him look bad on his liege, or seem rational

could it seem he's too cowardly to defend a vassal who misbehaves a little, that he was afraid of the Ailil, and disowned a wayward Retainer rather then seek their rescue and rehabilitation.

though, hopefully, any gwdion would know how to phrase things to make it clear that's not the case.

Gwydion may not care if the Iron Paladins killed

but him being interrogated

was said earlier Ailil wouldn't bother with a show trial but maybe a show execution.

Ideas why?

a Show trial shows all of Concordia how unprovoked and evil the assault was.
                          Last edited by Prince of the Night; 08-20-2018, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X