The Dreaming and Internet Games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dreaming and Internet Games?

So I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to changeling and I was wondering could one enter the digital web as a changeling and gather glamor from the dev's of a game server? I see a lot of Animas out there where people are in fully VR/AR MMO's and thought to my self that a lot like the dreaming where anything is possible. I don't know if this has ever been covered before and please direct me to any book that covers it. But could a program like "Ready Player One" become the new Dreaming or the next Arcadia?

Like the Sun I am relentless even in death...

There's probably a way to do it, but in general, many would find it too complicated and time-intensive for relatively little return. The easier way would be to Muse the game designers during the design process, like standard Dreamers and such.

That being said.

There are definitely parts of the Dreaming that look like video games, and Dream-Realms that do what you want them to do. Hopefully, we'll get to cover it more in depth in future books.

Luka Carroll
    Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
    Working On: C20 Player's Guide, Lunars
    Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Book of Freeholds, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend, Dragon-Blooded, The Realm

Comment

Doesn't the merit in KB bogan cover this?

Comment

I personally am a fan of the idea that the Fae have turned the Technocracy's own weapon against them, by using VR to create stabilized, artificial Freeholds!

Somehow, I doubt that when the Tecnocracy set out to suppress mortal's faith in magic and superstition, they planned to introduce a form of entertainment that specifically introduces those concepts to millions of people everywhere!
        Last edited by Nyrufa; 08-30-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

By my Reckoning AR games are a HUGE wellspring if glamour. Check out when Pokémon Go first became a thing, look up Pokémon Go Santa Monica Pier, it was packed with people literally filling the pier to capacity all looking of whimsical monsters that don’t exist. Bi have it certain AR games are a huge wellspring for Chimera Spawning. Imagine godlike Chimera being born from the Mewtwo raiding event in Japan, or Comic-Con and Blizzcon birthing magical godlike chimera from characters.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
            Doesn't the merit in KB bogan cover this?
            Exactly I would use that social media muse merit for this. It’s pretty much the cult merit from Exalted.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Aww....I thought this was gonna be a thread asking if anyone was playing an online game or that you wanted to start one.....

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                By my Reckoning AR games are a HUGE wellspring if glamour. Check out when Pokémon Go first became a thing, look up Pokémon Go Santa Monica Pier, it was packed with people literally filling the pier to capacity all looking of whimsical monsters that don’t exist. Bi have it certain AR games are a huge wellspring for Chimera Spawning. Imagine godlike Chimera being born from the Mewtwo raiding event in Japan, or Comic-Con and Blizzcon birthing magical godlike chimera from characters.

Isn't this in the Freeholds book? There was a freehold that spawned pokemon alikes that I thought was a clear reference to Pokemon nests in Pokemon Go.

Comment

In the short story collection "Tapping the Dream Tree" by Charles de Lint there is the story "Pixel Pixies" about pixies from the internet invading a used bookstore. There is also a Hob (Bogan) who hides in the bookstore and tidies up at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                    You know, there's a paralelism between a game where people see the world through their phones to see a virtual ecosystem overlayed on reality, and people who go through chrysalis and see a chimerical ecosystem overlayed on reality. What if some nocker entrepeneur creates an enchanted app to let people see the chimerical through their phones and disguises it as a game?

Comment

Originally posted by El Barto View Post

You know, there's a paralelism between a game where people see the world through their phones to see a virtual ecosystem overlayed on reality, and people who go through chrysalis and see a chimerical ecosystem overlayed on reality. What if some nocker entrepeneur creates an enchanted app to let people see the chimerical through their phones and disguises it as a game?

That might be a serious glamour drain, though its a neat idea.

Comment

A Treasure computer program! I love it!

Charlie Cantrell
                        Onyx Path Freelancer
                        Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post

A Treasure computer program! I love it!
                          Jedao's House of Wonders in the Players Guide opens the door wide for all this and more. ^_^

Luka Carroll
                          Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
                          Working On: C20 Player's Guide, Lunars
                          Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Book of Freeholds, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend, Dragon-Blooded, The Realm

Comment

In all honesty. I think that the house of Flickers from the Inanime would cover this ground for sure. They are basically forged innanime that can exist in a virtual video game. When you think of how the dreams of young dreamers have changed over the years you can only imagine that the BILLIONS of dollars that go into the video game industry don't also speak to their passions dreams and imaginations. Pokemon Go I'm sure there is something like it in WOD that has new Digi-chimera (tm).

I'm already working on a chronicle set in Seattle that will dive into this. I have done video game Alpha testing since Everquest. So I plan to tie in some of the original cd keys into treasures that open one way paths of Balor to the Digital Dreaming. I plan on creating a digital dross system as well where there will be a mechanic to ravage via chat room trolling to harvesting glamour for helping a player win a championship MOBA.

I see changeling as one of the most adaptable properties to the use of tech,. It would be an equalizer with other groups. The internet for me is a wellspring of glamour what are all of your thoughts around this.,

Comment

Sounds like the plot to a popular fantasy action kids series!

Comment

Working...
                              X