Hsien... again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hsien... again

We've discussed in the past just making them proper changelings, but what about a compromise.. does anything really break if they are functionally "enchanted" by their nature?

I don't understand what you mean really. Are you saying they live in Chimerical reality all the time? In theory that could be good, but it would very much change things.

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post
      I don't understand what you mean really. Are you saying they live in Chimerical reality all the time? In theory that could be good, but it would very much change things.
      Like they function as REALLY WIERD Kinain. If that makes sense?

Comment

I guess? It still leaves open where are all the fae in that part of the world. If the Hsien still aren't vulnerable to Banality it leaves that as an open question.

Comment

I think what he means is as written Hsien are blind to chimerical reality, so make it so they can see things like changelings. And I agree, either separate them from the changeling book or hook em into the dreaming!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

This is less about the metaphysics and more does Changeling break a a game if I let Hsien be able to experience chimerical reality. I mean the book of Freeholds has both Kithain in Hong Kong and a Freehold that is an open market between Hsien and Kithain so I'm thinking for purposes of engagement that letting them just be functionally like Kinain with engagement with chimerical reality would work. I mean by their book they have words for traveling into it.. they just.. don't care because its not their "home"

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
              This is less about the metaphysics and more does Changeling break a a game if I let Hsien be able to experience chimerical reality. I mean the book of Freeholds has both Kithain in Hong Kong and a Freehold that is an open market between Hsien and Kithain so I'm thinking for purposes of engagement that letting them just be functionally like Kinain with engagement with chimerical reality would work. I mean by their book they have words for traveling into it.. they just.. don't care because its not their "home"
              I don't think it breaks anything, no. It does change the Hsien experience significantly to always be enchanted though.

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post

I don't think it breaks anything, no. It does change the Hsien experience significantly to always be enchanted though.

I mean it does.. and it doesn't because the Hsien experience is somewhat poorly described. They don't seem to have any way to interact with the Dreaming.. but then the book talks about it as the floating world. They'd have no reason to engage with Kithain without some dreaming connection that sort of thing.

Comment

Hsien in most games are rare. So it doesn't matter to most people. If you've got a game set in California or New York, letting the Hsien play uncrippled is a good idea. In cases were it inbalances the game, other solutions can be found.

Comment

OK, looking over the rules for Shinma in C20 I think this might actually be the RAW interpretation for the current edition.

Comment

Working...
                    X