Other Kithbooks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

No what I mean is I’m most excited for The Reloaded and Digital Web Book, the gods and Monster and Fallen books may either be great or meh... it depends.

And with the nature of Mage I stand by not needing a traditions or Disparates book before Archmages and Sorcerers. I found revised info to be quite sufficient. But the problem is we only have a few people who have the crunch chops to do an Archmage book...

Counter point on having a Revised Book for Sorcerers and Archmages.

Comment

…all of which has very little to do with Kithbooks. Shall we continue this in the Mage forum?

Comment

I'm all for more Kithbooks but I'd honestly want to see things like a book of Gallain, a Book going more into the Hsien and their Courts and other Fae of Asian Culture, a Book about the Nunnehi and their Cultures as well as Chimera and Spirit beings that might play big roles in their societies, I'd like to see a Book of Thallain that acted as an updated version of the Shadow Court book, I'd like to see a Book that gave more concrete rules about the Denizens or the Inanimae since it seemed like quite a bit was left out on the cutting room floor regarding both kinds of fae, most Importantly I'd love to see a Victorian Age Fae/Changeling book that showed how the Transition between Dark Ages: Fae and Changeling: the Dreaming could have happened or at least showed a time before the Return of the Shining Host and how the Fae existed during a period when Reason and Folklore still existed hand in hand.

There's quite a lot of things I'd love to see but I certainly wouldn't say no to Kithbooks or a Lore of the Kiths style book.

Comment

I would like a serious well done Clurichaun book that inspects them from origins and other angles. Something that addresses the Leprechaun myth, drawing the ties of the earlier name of Lugherpagne, crippled god Lugh, as them possibly being a degeneration of the Sidhe. Maybe even split Lucherpane and the Clarichaun as two castes or even a social thing or another word for Seelie and Unseelie.

And I want a Gallainbook all for the Merfolk, fleshing out their history and reintroducing their houses.

And I feel the Morganed have a niche place among the Kithain even when we have the Merfolk. They are for telling stories of the Sea from thelands point of view and they dwell with the Other Kithain.

I want something to finally cover Nymphs, maybe make The various types of Nymphs specific Inanimae Phyla.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Jane_Dargason View Post
            I'm all for more Kithbooks but I'd honestly want to see things like a book of Gallain, a Book going more into the Hsien and their Courts and other Fae of Asian Culture, a Book about the Nunnehi and their Cultures as well as Chimera and Spirit beings that might play big roles in their societies, I'd like to see a Book of Thallain that acted as an updated version of the Shadow Court book, I'd like to see a Book that gave more concrete rules about the Denizens or the Inanimae since it seemed like quite a bit was left out on the cutting room floor regarding both kinds of fae, most Importantly I'd love to see a Victorian Age Fae/Changeling book that showed how the Transition between Dark Ages: Fae and Changeling: the Dreaming could have happened or at least showed a time before the Return of the Shining Host and how the Fae existed during a period when Reason and Folklore still existed hand in hand.

There's quite a lot of things I'd love to see but I certainly wouldn't say no to Kithbooks or a Lore of the Kiths style book.
            ::takes notes::

Luka Carroll
            Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
            Working On: C20 Player's Guide, Lunars
            Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Book of Freeholds, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend, Dragon-Blooded, The Realm

Comment

most Importantly I'd love to see a Victorian Age Fae/Changeling book that showed how the Transition between Dark Ages: Fae and Changeling: the Dreaming could have happened or at least showed a time before the Return of the Shining Host and how the Fae existed during a period when Reason and Folklore still existed hand in hand.
              Pssst... Luka

Charlie Cantrell
              Onyx Path Freelancer
              Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

For what it's worth, I seem to recall that the original plans for Changeling's historical setting would have been a couple centuries earlier than that, in the Elizabethan age (late 16th century). The Victorian age strikes me as a little late for the transition from Fae to Changeling.

Comment

I'd like to see a Book of Thallain that acted as an updated version of the Shadow Court book,
                  This. Please give us this.

Comment

i want Dragons/Drakes/something as a Kith. A full damned kith. Maybe a full damned "Type" like Dragons are their own Gallain equivalent like Inanimae.

Comment

I really don't see dragons working in modern Changeling. Maybe in a Shard (I could see doing something with them and other monsters similar to what Chronicles of Darkness did with Beast: the Primordial, but as a bizarre kind of Gallain); but not in the official setting.

If I recall correctly, Bygone Bestiary addresses dragons. I could see consulting that book for chimerical creatures in general. As well, I've had a Shard in mind for a while now where changelings rescued some of the last surviving mythological creatures by putting some of them through something to the effect of the Changeling Way — so every so often in the modern day, you'll have a horse that undergoes a Crysalis and emerges with (chimerical) wings or a horn, for example. It's not too different from how Changeling artifacts have a “mortal seeming”, but extended to animals and not just inanimate objects. But again, that wouldn't be something that I'd expect to see in the official setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                        I really don't see dragons working in modern Changeling. Maybe in a Shard (I could see doing something with them and other monsters similar to what Chronicles of Darkness did with Beast: the Primordial, but as a bizarre kind of Gallain); but not in the official setting.

If I recall correctly, Bygone Bestiary addresses dragons. I could see consulting that book for chimerical creatures in general. As well, I've had a Shard in mind for a while now where changelings rescued some of the last surviving mythological creatures by putting some of them through something to the effect of the Changeling Way — so every so often in the modern day, you'll have a horse that undergoes a Crysalis and emerges with (chimerical) wings or a horn, for example. It's not too different from how Changeling artifacts have a “mortal seeming”, but extended to animals and not just inanimate objects. But again, that wouldn't be something that I'd expect to see in the official setting.
                        Lots of things "Address" dragons. They are Bygones. They are Spirits. They are a werecreature type. I mean looking at Beast PLENTY of Kithain/Gallain would already be Beasts.. Your average Redcap, Unseelie Trolls, Rock Giants, hell Clurichain have the whole "hoard" thing. Dragon Kin were even a thing in the Arcadia card game. So I don't think adding some form of Dragon as humanoids wouldn't be an issue(plus there's plenty of stories of human shape dragons seduce men/women in the world...)

As for your shard idea.. um its in Kingdom of the WIllows?

Comment

Yeah I love the idea of dragons, so I’ll take any I can get.

And yeah some Fae creatures did get reborn into dogs and horses, someone used to have a thread on expanding the rules for that.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                            i want Dragons/Drakes/something as a Kith. A full damned kith. Maybe a full damned "Type" like Dragons are their own Gallain equivalent like Inanimae.
                            I did share my writeup for the Drake kith at one point. Their writeup isn’t canon, but their existence is as much canon as anything else in the C20 Anthology. Provided you trust the narrator.

Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                            Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
                            Masculine pronouns preferred.

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
                              Provided you trust the narrator.
                              Always trust the pooka! 😁

Charlie Cantrell
                              Onyx Path Freelancer
                              Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

I did share my writeup for the Drake kith at one point. Their writeup isn’t canon, but their existence is as much canon as anything else in the C20 Anthology. Provided you trust the narrator.

Antipooka bias. Too many Korred STs....

Comment

Working...
                                X