Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speak of Your Dreams

Hello all!

I’m curious to know: if you had one book made official for C20, what would it be?

Luka Carroll
    Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
    Working On: C20 Player's Guide, Lunars
    Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Book of Freeholds, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend, Dragon-Blooded, The Realm

A book on the Nunnehi, written and developed entirely by First Nations developers.

Comment

Originally posted by zenten View Post
      A book on the Nunnehi, written and developed entirely by First Nations developers.

Further to this a big book on all the myriad fae of Africa, South and Central America, the Middle East, South and South East Asia, Siberia/Russia/Mongolia, East Asia, Oceania, Micronesia, Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific........hopefully all written and developed by culturally appropriate folks.

Comment

A Brande new Shadow Court book,one who goes deep into Thallain nature in 2018.

Comment

A book about science, technology and futurism as sources of glamour and the dreaming, talking about the histories of invention and science fiction, including all it's variations such as Verne style science fantasy, steampunk, pulp era super science, silver age science fiction, and cyberpunk; changelings who deal with technology (like the Nocker Aethernauts) and who harvest glamour from inventive inspiration; sci fi and technology oriented realms in the dreaming (that can include inspiration from Space 1889 to TRON); technologically oriented treasures, chimera, and maybe Arts, and something that ties UFO lore into Changeling, including changelings who play with that motif (like Sluagh who pretend to be Greys), "alien" abductions, and a hunter group who think changelings are alien invaders.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Cheating a bit but...full kithbooks on the clurichaun, piskies, and selkies. They're official kithain now, might as well bring 'em all in.

Comment

Player's Guide to the Tribal Fae-How and why they are different that's not full on exoticism. This would include the Nunnehi and the Mehune and potentially other additions.

Player's Guide to the Wierd Gallain-Inanimae, Dark-kin, Hsien..maybe add Dragons....

Comment

The Book of Thallain, deeper reflection upon the Thallain nature, Nightmares and both the Shadow and the Black Court, possibly revealing some Thallain Houses ran by Sevartal.

Comment

First we need books to finish things that were only minimally explained, so top of that is Inanimae, so far we only have really NPC rules for them, so nobody wants to make homebrew phyla because with incomplete rules it would be more fun to just make the homebrew a kith instead, like making Yuki Onna, people make them Kiths instead of Phyla because they are more fun as a kith. So not just flesh out the Splinters we have, we also need to make more, so playing them doesn’t feel like a watered down simplified experience.

Same with other Gallain, so we need more on the Merfolk and their Houses, and more on the Nunnehi.

And more on the Hsien, but also their setting!

After the Books of Gallain we could use a Book of Dreams maybe to flesh out the dreaming but also treat as a players guide for higher level Fae beings and more info on Treasures and other Glamour things. But also have high level Magic’s that take a certain level of night to master, so things people learn after they learn other Arts, like Greater Arts and Greater Oaths. Hell I would love a Treasury book, like how you did book of Freeholds but dealing with Treasures, and more on the Gallain treasure. So make it like about 20 pages more then the book of freehold, hell I would buy a 200 page book on that myself!

A Book of Nightmares for both the Creatures of Nightmares like Fomorians and Adhene, but also their unique barely touched section of the Dreaming.

An Atlas book or series of books, I have a feeling that section of the Players Guide is gonna Explode. Maybe also treat as a book of minor Kiths or make that its own book, so you can touch on local Kiths like Hulda and chupacabra.

Then Kithbooks for Clurichaun, Selkie and Piskies!

Basically though I would love you to flourish out the Character options that were only introduced in the C20 book that had to be dumbed down or abbreviated. We never got to flesh out Inanimae Empires or more on the Adhene!

I’ll pretty much gobble up anything Changeling right now, so I hope more rules on crossovers are in the Players guide if not that would be dandy. And more on fleshing out daily life, having families, and ruling kingdoms for the Fae.

And books covering both the Hsien but also their region and how they interact with specific Local Fae. I feel Hong Kong, the Philippines and India for instance would be the real middle ground where Kithain, Hsien and local Gallain meet and live nearby.

But really a Kingdoms book for India and Australia the most, and then Africa and South America!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                    First we need books to finish things that were only minimally explained, so top of that is Inanimae, so far we only have really NPC rules for them, so nobody wants to make homebrew phyla because with incomplete rules it would be more fun to just make the homebrew a kith instead, like making Yuki Onna, people make them Kiths instead of Phyla because they are more fun as a kith. So not just flesh out the Splinters we have, we also need to make more, so playing them doesn’t feel like a watered down simplified experience.
                    As someone who made a Yuki-Onna kith the reason I wouldn't make it a Phyla is...Snow melts. It extremely limits the playability of them especially in light of wanting something that's abit approachable from an ANime perspective. The Myths are probably closer to Inanimae but I'd say modern views of it treat them more as less snow come to life and more people who might have been that a long time ago.

Comment

Yeah and winds blow... you could be a Yuki Onna of a Frozen Lake or a Frozen Peek. And if you think that’s limiting just think about what the anchors of the Empire of Winds and Empire of Flame have to deal with!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

A Book of Treasures ("The Treasure Chest"?) would be pretty cool, especially if it included guidelines for making your own (both in game/character and out) and a bunch of legendary level ones you could build entire epic campaigns around.

Also, just personally because I'm odd, I've long wanted a book similar to the science/technology book above dealing with religion. How changelings draw inspiration and glamour from it, religious oriented dreamers, what changelings who try to adhere to mortal faiths have to do, changeling specific faiths, and how religious groups - including the Society of Leopold - may view changelings. (I'd also like premade character templates, just because I've always been a big fan of them and Boggin Wiccan Coven Leader and Satyr Theologian are long time go to character concepts of mine.)

Added: I've also wanted a book on romance. Running Changeling in the romance genre and it's various sub-generes, an in depth look at the Romantic Legacies and fleshing out the various Orders of the Heart, the ins and outs of Courtly Love, the role of Troubadours, and so on.

Also a genre book on running Changeling as a horror game.
                        Last edited by No One of Consequence; 11-22-2018, 11:12 AM.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

How bout some Crossovers?

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post

Further to this a big book on all the myriad fae of Africa, South and Central America, the Middle East, South and South East Asia, Siberia/Russia/Mongolia, East Asia, Oceania, Micronesia, Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific........hopefully all written and developed by culturally appropriate folks.
                            Some of those areas are covered in the forthcoming Players Guide. Though there’s always room to improve and fine tune our practices, we tried our best to do just that. I hope to continue doing better in the future.

Luka Carroll
                            Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
                            Working On: C20 Player's Guide, Lunars
                            Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Book of Freeholds, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend, Dragon-Blooded, The Realm

Comment

I've always sort of wondered if the fae of West Africa would be the Orisha (or Pangool/Iwa/Abosom/Ndi Mmuo/etc.), with the Eshu originating among them.

Comment

Working...
                              X