Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[C20 Player's Guide] Bellatierra preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [C20 Player's Guide] Bellatierra preview

    In which we are introduced to a new group of Gallain.


    Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

  • #2
    Oh yes baby!

    Comment


    • #3
      I keep throwing my money at the screen and nothing happens..

      Comment


      • #4
        So curious! C20 is what I want to read next!!


        It is a time for great deeds!

        Comment


        • #5
          There are about 20 new kiths in the Players Guide, for note.


          Luka Carroll
          Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
          Working On: C20 Player's Guide, Lunars
          Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Book of Freeholds, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend, Dragon-Blooded, The Realm

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Luka C View Post
            There are about 20 new kiths in the Players Guide, for note.
            Now thats what im talking about!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Luka C View Post
              There are about 20 new kiths in the Players Guide, for note.


              ....the money it keeps bouncing off screen!(...could see one in the next preview?)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lian View Post



                ....the money it keeps bouncing off screen!(...could see one in the next preview?)
                I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing one of them. I’m especially intrigued to see if gremlins are one of them, since they’re mentioned in the preview and I don’t recall seeing them anywhere in C20.


                Jason Ross Inczauskis, Freelance Writer
                Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, Mummy: The Curse 2e, Pirates of Pugmire, TC In Media Res. Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action; C20 Anthology of Dreams
                Masculine pronouns preferred.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Even as adverse as I've always been to Changeling's almost excessive number of Kiths, this does sound like an interesting setting expansion. I'm curious to see more.


                  What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                  Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                    Even as adverse as I've always been to Changeling's almost excessive number of Kiths, this does sound like an interesting setting expansion. I'm curious to see more.
                    This is understandable, but with Eurocentric kiths being most of the currently playable options, we looked at adding more kiths as a way to correct that mistake. I wish we’d had more words to do more areas of the world, but we packed a lot into what we did have. There are 4-5 new kiths for each of South America, Africa, the Middle East and Australia.


                    Luka Carroll
                    Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
                    Working On: C20 Player's Guide, Lunars
                    Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Book of Freeholds, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend, Dragon-Blooded, The Realm

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Luka C View Post

                      This is understandable, but with Eurocentric kiths being most of the currently playable options, we looked at adding more kiths as a way to correct that mistake. I wish we’d had more words to do more areas of the world, but we packed a lot into what we did have. There are 4-5 new kiths for each of South America, Africa, the Middle East and Australia.
                      That's cool.

                      At some point, I started treating the original nine Kiths as broad archetypes rather than specific cultural races, with the "baseline" Kiths being the names and abilities that were common parlance in North America, That way, I could use minor variations as Native American, Japanese and other fae. Redcaps make a good starting point for Pishtacos, for instance (as well as Wendigo and Kappa, among other things). But this is mostly just because of my desire for simplicity. I've always been a sucker for a fun splat. (I really like the Gillhe Dhu, for instance.)


                      What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I like the approach that the same kith can have different names. What is the legend of a redcap if not a cannibalistic boogeyperson that paints themselves with the blood of their victims? A wide variety of cultures have that. Big strong guardians? Yep, those too. Animal themed trickster? Everywhere.


                        Luka Carroll
                        Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
                        Working On: C20 Player's Guide, Lunars
                        Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Book of Freeholds, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend, Dragon-Blooded, The Realm

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

                          That's cool.

                          At some point, I started treating the original nine Kiths as broad archetypes rather than specific cultural races, with the "baseline" Kiths being the names and abilities that were common parlance in North America, That way, I could use minor variations as Native American, Japanese and other fae. Redcaps make a good starting point for Pishtacos, for instance (as well as Wendigo and Kappa, among other things). But this is mostly just because of my desire for simplicity. I've always been a sucker for a fun splat. (I really like the Gillhe Dhu, for instance.)

                          I kind of feel on the other hand there should be greater variety within Kiths proper.. like how there's oba and River Hags.. there should be Pooka with slightly different Brs and frailties(like every trickster may not have issues with truth but might be easily slighted... some animals aren't as trustworthy as others etc) I mean Sidhe get this.. with Houses.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That is sort of what I try to do, say with my Wendigo changelings being a type of Redcap (thou Wendigo would say that Redcaps are a variation of them), with some slight mechanical changes. But sometimes you do need something new. Japanese Snow Women, for example. This is why I'm glad C20 seems to be trying to make it easier for people to design their own Kiths.


                            What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                              That is sort of what I try to do, say with my Wendigo changelings being a type of Redcap (thou Wendigo would say that Redcaps are a variation of them), with some slight mechanical changes. But sometimes you do need something new. Japanese Snow Women, for example. This is why I'm glad C20 seems to be trying to make it easier for people to design their own Kiths.

                              Right I mean I kind of wish the standard were "Pooka" Br-shapeshifting then (Take one of these) and frailty take 1 of these


                              Like I don't feel Oni make good Trolls, but if there were a more generic "Strong guy" kith that both came under like if you had Strength but a frailty "get angry easier" or something like that I would totally combine the two as related.


                              Honestly I'd hang Yuki-Onna off of some sort of "Succubus" type (I know they try to make a house for this) but a generic social cortesean type rather than Ruler. I think that's kind of a missing base kith idea.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X