Selkies mate with Seals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selkies mate with Seals?

I Remeber a line in the Selkie book where it Metions That Seals with Selkie Blood sometimes becomes Selkies. Does that mean that Selkies sometimes fuck seals.

Does that mean a Pooka could Shapeshift and Mate with their animals and then have Fae blood Cubs?

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    I Remeber a line in the Selkie book
    ...what Selkie book? There isn't a Selkie kithbook.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
      It's in their original writeup in Immortal Eyes: The Toybox. (And in a setting with the various animal-breed Fera, you can see where the idea came from.)

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

And yes there is nothing stopping Pooka from getting frisky with their animal equivalent when shapeshifted but one could interpret them being unable to impregnate, or become impregnated by, animals as the Pooka Reproduction on p.47 of Kithbook: Pooka only mentions human babies being born to the Pooka, due to their Faerie souls inhabiting human bodies. As a side note Pooka in animal form is unhindered by her pregnancy and doesn’t even show it no matter the month she is on. On the other hand when birthcontractions begin they automatically revert to human form to give birth.

But on the other hand if it is something you want in your games to be a thing then go for it. It is a minor House Rule that shouldn’t come up too often to rule them able to procreate when shapeshifted.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

It's in their original writeup in Immortal Eyes: The Toybox. (And in a setting with the various animal-breed Fera, you can see where the idea came from.)
          I got a idea a male Selkie with a Beachmasters Coat.

He sets up shop in some Prime seal Real instate and wait for The lady seals using his Kithin powers to Beat the shit out of Any other Challenging males.

He does what the Beachmaster does and impregnates all of his Harem to have Seal babies with Fae Blood. That have a chance of becoming Selkies.

Sense Selkies pass there Coats to a Worthy Heir it well probably by a Medium size operation. With Many Selkies and Possible other Kithin helping them Maybe even some Selkies born from seals

Comment

And nothing stops some sidhe going all Zeus with Metamorphosis, but I'm going to argue Selkie by their nature can't be Born of seals. THeir power is to turn into seals. You put a seal coat on a Seal.. it becomes another Seal. So presumably your "Seal breed" Selkies would need human skin coats...(oooh that sounds fun..)

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post
              And yes there is nothing stopping Pooka from getting frisky with their animal equivalent when shapeshifted but one could interpret them being unable to impregnate, or become impregnated by, animals as the Pooka Reproduction on p.47 of Kithbook: Pooka only mentions human babies being born to the Pooka, due to their Faerie souls inhabiting human bodies.
              Not being able to knock up a seal with a human is the boring interpretation though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                And nothing stops some sidhe going all Zeus with Metamorphosis, but I'm going to argue Selkie by their nature can't be Born of seals. THeir power is to turn into seals. You put a seal coat on a Seal.. it becomes another Seal. So presumably your "Seal breed" Selkies would need human skin coats...(oooh that sounds fun..)

But yeah how do Normal selkie Get there Seal Skin they Don’t do the Changeling way so how did the First Selkies come to by?
                From immortal Eyes Toybox

.Occasionally a seal with selkie ancestry learns to shed its skin and take on human shape,

Comment

But yeah how do Normal selkie Get there Seal Skin they Don’t do the Changeling way so how did the First Selkies come to by?
                  From immortal Eyes Toybox

.Occasionally a seal with selkie ancestry learns to shed its skin and take on human shape,

The first selkies were women with magical seal coats... Its like asking "where did the first Satyr come from some guy fucking a goat?"

Comment

But how did they Get the Seal Coats?

Comment

But how did they Get the Seal Coats?

its part of their fairy nature. Like how every Kithain is born with Voile

Comment

For my own campaign(s), I would say yes, it is possible. Same thing with shape-shifted Pooka. There is enough of this sort of thing in folklore to make a solid case. I would also add that a shapeshifted Fae can forget their fae nature and live out their lives as an animal. Kinain animals are not out of the question either.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
                        Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Isnt it a selkie kithbook?
                          https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ithbook-Selkie

Drivethru says it was published by WhiteWolf, so I inclined to believe it is cannon.

Also, it seems to answer all the question like where did they get the coat and everything. Not sure if answer about seal-selkie offsprings, but might.

Comment

Originally posted by Manbat View Post

Isnt it a selkie kithbook?
                            https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ithbook-Selkie

Drivethru says it was published by WhiteWolf, so I inclined to believe it is cannon.

Also, it seems to answer all the question like where did they get the coat and everything. Not sure if answer about seal-selkie offsprings, but might.
                            That's a fanmade STVault product.

Comment

Does that mean a Pooka could Shapeshift and Mate with their animals and then have Fae blood Cubs?
                              I asked the Pookas about this, and they told me I was being ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X